PDA

View Full Version : CBA Postal match " 'fraidycats"

HARRYMPOPE
08-10-2013, 06:27 PM
How come not many of you that are members here and there are not shooting the postal Pat I is putting on? I did and shot good once and bad another but it was fun.Lets see those 1"(or 50-5X) groups at 50 yards with smoothebore flintlocks.
Not to rant but out here in the PNW there are many members but very few shoot the head to head CBA matches very close to their homes.

Step away from the screen and show us what you got!

George

Maven
08-10-2013, 06:55 PM
And, the MR31c target Pat is using for the August match is huge! I'm afraid the next one will be a mouse (the four legged kind) or even smaller.

HARRYMPOPE
08-10-2013, 07:17 PM
the stinking groundhog @ 50 offhand was a killer.The crow at 25 offhand was pretty easy to aim at.The 50 yard target in monstrous and i am glad to see that.

G-

Pat I.
08-10-2013, 09:01 PM
Man you guys are going to give me a complex about my target picking ability. Huge, gigantic, monstrous, enormous, colossal, gargantuan, behemoth, elephantine!! With my old worn out eyes and open sights it ain't looking too big to me. :shock:

HARRYMPOPE
08-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Man you guys are going to give me a complex about my target picking ability. Huge, gigantic, monstrous, enormous, colossal, gargantuan, behemoth, elephantine!! With my old worn out eyes and open sights it ain't looking too big to me.

how about the MR52 for 50 yards? can you see that Jamie Farr?

Gary R. Burghoff

Pat I.
08-10-2013, 09:48 PM
I'll only choose a MR52 if they don't make a MR53. If it was up to me the whole target would be a 10 ring. Thanks for the suggestion (g)Radar

HARRYMPOPE
08-10-2013, 10:34 PM
i cant complain its about the right size for iron sights Klinger.Even benchrest i dont see a lot of 50-5X's being shot with muzzle loaders.

rhbrink
08-11-2013, 07:33 AM
:violin:

GREENCOUNTYPETE
08-11-2013, 02:06 PM
ok how do i play what do i need to do to get started . I think a postal match would be fun

Maven
08-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Pete, Go here for more info.: http://www.castbulletassoc.org/forum/view_topic.php?id=9818&forum_id=81

Pat I.
08-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Pete the matches are real easy to do. You send me 4 bucks and I send you 4 targets. You shoot the targets at the yardage they're supposed to be shot at and send them back with a completed tech sheet. I then put the information on a match report along with the scores and post it on the CBA forum. The 4 bucks is used to cover my cost for targets, envelopes, and postage and the rest goes to the CBA forum for letting us host it there. I don't make a dime on this thing in case anyone questions the fee and just do it because I like it.

We're trying to use a different target and range every month but eventually it's going to have to repeat. The reason I use real targets instead of something that could be downloaded off the web is because plain paper targets get torn up too bad and are a pain to score. It's a fun little match where you're not going to win anything but you're not going to go broke shooting it either and it gets you out from in front of a computer and in behind a buttplate like we're supposed to be. I didn't expect to get many guys from here because I've seen too many postal attempts fall on their face but out of 30,000 members I never expected not to get any. Nobody is going to make fun of you if you shoot bad, I just got through shooting a 78 out of a possible 200 on the 25 yd crow so I hope that's the case, and you don't have to be a CBA member to compete. You do have to join the CBA forum to be able to read the pertinent posts and results but that doesn't cost anything and you won't be solicited to join anything.

The rules and tech sheet will be attached as PDF files to the thread about that months match. Easy Peasy and something to do besides type and waste time.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
08-11-2013, 11:26 PM
sounds good , i joined the CBA forum and the check will be in the mail tomorrow , I agree no one is going to get rich hosting a postal match at 4 dollars with the price of targets, mailers and postage
I know how it goes people see money going in but they don't think of the costs going out to make the programs work.
we have fun loosing money every year any way.

I think winning bragging rights is good enough

Whiterabbit
08-12-2013, 09:54 PM
what is a postal match?

Pat I.
08-12-2013, 10:11 PM
what is a postal match?

A match held through the mail. Post #11 explains it somewhat.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
08-13-2013, 12:33 AM
come on whiterabbit , if you got a front stuffer and a range , join in , lets make some smoke

Whiterabbit
08-13-2013, 01:03 AM
got one, its the range time that's tough for me! Hopefully my wife lets me out to play more often as my son gets older!

Hanshi
08-13-2013, 02:35 PM
My excuse is that I've been very busy and daily rain has been a nuisance. I also will be out of the state until Sept. Otherwise....

GREENCOUNTYPETE
08-13-2013, 03:18 PM
got one, its the range time that's tough for me! Hopefully my wife lets me out to play more often as my son gets older!

my son is 10 now so it got a lot better , now we go to the range together , i even drag the rest of the family along some times

there were some sparse shooting years for sure ,a few years i would get out a few weeks before deer season opener sight in and then the weekend of opener and that was it for me for the year.

Pat I.
08-14-2013, 12:09 PM
George I guess you can't even shame people into showing what they got. Can only mean there's a lot of REALLY accurate guns gathering dust in the closets out there. Too bad, a waste of good iron.

HARRYMPOPE
08-14-2013, 10:41 PM
How about a "keyboard" match.you just tell everybody what a great shot you are in 50 or less words.

Pat I.
08-15-2013, 09:04 AM
How about a "keyboard" match.you just tell everybody what a great shot you are in 50 or less words.

Let me know if you're going to start this so I have time to send my keyboard to a keyboardsmith to have the Page Up and Page Down keys replaced with "1/2 inch" and "one ragged hole". [smilie=1: