PDA

View Full Version : Picture of new Dragoon!

moptop
08-10-2013, 05:55 PM
Just thought I'd post a pix of my recent addition to my BP machines.

3rd Model Dragoon. Shoots straight and locks up tight.

Me very happy!!!

**oneshot**
08-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Very nice!!!

John Allen
08-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Sure is pretty. I have a dragoon and it has been great fun

docone31
08-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Looks well done. I have been looking at them for years now.
Does it fire high like my .44 Navy? That has been an issue for me. Also, I had a Walker that I had bought second hand. It had definately shot loose. Must have been some high power loads in the past. I unpeened the area where the cylinder went against. The recoil had flattened the webbing there. That got the cylinder tight again. I definately did not like the lever going down like it did.
Did you need to file the lever end? I had to do that with my Navy. It would go down on 35gn charges. I sharpened the lever end, and the rest so they were tightly fit.
I like them better than modern pistols. Good feel, like the smoke, like being involved in the shooting.
Lookin good there.
What size balls?

Fly
08-10-2013, 08:41 PM
YOU FRIGING DOG! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I want one of those in the worst way.
Thank you for sharing it with us, my friend.
Fly

moptop
08-10-2013, 11:25 PM
Thanks everyone!

docone31, yeah the lever latch needs some work on this one too. It falls on almost every shot. I used .454" home cast balls and they worked great. It does shoot high. I've read that the originals did the same. I like smoke too! I've had a '58 Remington for years and enjoy shooting it a lot.

Fly, I got real lucky on this one. I won it off of gun broker. It's an Armi San Marco, never been fired. The man I got it from said that it was New/old stock. It came with the original box but no paperwork though.

docone31
08-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Yeah, there are two distinct items that could use attention.
First, front sight. Get some Dremel cutoff wheels. Pull the hammer to half cock and grind down the V-notch to open it up some. Do a little at at time. Next, get a Dremel drum sander and flatten the to of the hammer. Go slowly as it is a bummer to re-do it.
Second, the grip needs attention.
If you look at the grip, it will need to be flattened some. Down at the bottom, the grip flares out. File it flat from 1/3 way up the grip. Then reshape the wood. That changes how it points. I did it on my Navy and it was like turning on the lights.
Go slowly, keep the filings out of the works.
Looking good there.