PDA

View Full Version : Rcbs rant!

500MAG
08-10-2013, 04:59 PM
For the past 6 months I have been buying a bunch of RCBS equipment and collecting the receipts and bar codes for the rebate they are offering. I have purchased almost $1000 worth. The rebate was "purchase $50 in RCBS equipment and receive 100 Speer bullets or $10 cash or purchase $300 and receive 500 bullets or $50 cash". Yesterday, I collected all my receipts and bar codes and went to print out the redemption form and this is what is printed

Those scoundrels!![smilie=b:

jmort
08-10-2013, 05:06 PM
It does say "or" but I would be bent as well. Look at the bright side, you avoided about $45.00 in "shipping and handling fees.

Bent Ramrod
08-10-2013, 05:09 PM
I think RCBS just found out that "Bullets will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no bullets."

With a tip of the primer tray to Gilbert Shelton.

:mrgreen:

08-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Probably due to Speer not being able to keep up with demand.

Free isn't free, either. Hornady has a $6.00 charge, for their free bullets.

I'd take the money and run.

Duckiller
08-10-2013, 05:18 PM
I sorry but there is a bullet shortage. Did you think you were going to go to the front of the line for bullets by applying for the rebate. Take your money and get in line with everyone else.

41 mag fan
08-11-2013, 10:00 AM
Heck I've been waiting for almost 4 months now for my Lube Die #1 to be sent. The threads on the die body stripped out where the decapper pin screws in.
They're still behind they say.

MtGun44
08-11-2013, 05:22 PM
My bet is that they can't GET them from Speer.

Bill

Epd230
08-11-2013, 06:23 PM
If they couldn't get them, then they shouldn't have started/continued the offer!

The shortage in bullets is the appeal to the offer and is part of what is driving their sales.

Sounds like they want to bring in the sales revenue, then not honor the deal.

btroj
08-11-2013, 06:52 PM
If they couldn't get them, then they shouldn't have started/continued the offer!

The shortage in bullets is the appeal to the offer and is part of what is driving their sales.

Sounds like they want to bring in the sales revenue, then not honor the deal.

You really think the marketing dept payed attention to what could be deliver on?

Swamp Man
08-11-2013, 07:00 PM
They should of had a contract for the bullets before they released the offer in print or online. Just take the cash save it and buy bullets later. Then ask yourself if this is the type of Co you want to do business with in the future.

Catshooter
08-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Oh come on. Did you really think that you were going to get bullets, in these trying times? Out of all the bullets that could be asked for, and in unknown quantities to satisfy this offer, how are they going to know which ones/how much to keep aside for it? These days?

"Well boss, I got all 800,000 of the bullets you said we might need set aside just like you said." That'll work out well.

And Swamp Man, if you only do business with perfect companies whose policies you love and who never make a mistake, well, you must have a ton of money 'cause it sure can't be easy to find a place to spend it.

Cat

Epd230
08-11-2013, 08:18 PM
You really think the marketing dept payed attention to what could be deliver on?

Absolutely!

This promotion, at this time, has probably had a huge response. They are offering something that they should know is hard to get as an enticement for your business. It is working, as the OP indicated that he has spent $1k for this promotion!

It should be believable that they could have satisfied demand, because they are a company in the gun industry. It is not like they are a bank offering a rifle as interest on a CD (Saw that one back in the early 90s). They should know their chosen industry.

If they have found that they cannot keep up with demand, then a notice should be published to let people know that the deal has changed.

That may have been their intention with the information at the bottom of the coupon. I think that they should have redesigned the coupon to reflect the different terms. This would have made it clear that the deal was different for anyone that does not read the fine print, ie most of us.

IMHO, I would not use this promotion as an excuse to quit doing business with RCBS, as the market is a little crazy right now. They may have had a commitment from Speer to supply the bullets for this promotion, and Speer backed out.

500MAG
08-11-2013, 08:25 PM
I sorry but there is a bullet shortage. Did you think you were going to go to the front of the line for bullets by applying for the rebate. Take your money and get in line with everyone else.
Never asked to go to the front of the line, they can at least extend the offer until the supply is there. Anyway, I don't need to stand in line, I have thousands of the j-words I use, these were just gravy.

Randy C
08-11-2013, 08:36 PM
I have sever of the old forms printed I bet they wont take them now.

btroj
08-11-2013, 09:49 PM
I think it is common for marketing to develop ads that may, or may not, be deliverable. That isn't their concern. They get paid to produce an ad that increases sales, it is up to someone in production and inventory to actually deliver on it.

jonas302
08-11-2013, 09:58 PM
I'm in about the same spot I was waiting to send in hoping the supply would catch up not very happy to see this
Take the money? Do the math where do you find 500 j bullets for $50 and we are not just talking 22 calibers

Swamp Man
08-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Oh come on. Did you really think that you were going to get bullets, in these trying times? Out of all the bullets that could be asked for, and in unknown quantities to satisfy this offer, how are they going to know which ones/how much to keep aside for it? These days?

"Well boss, I got all 800,000 of the bullets you said we might need set aside just like you said." That'll work out well.

And Swamp Man, if you only do business with perfect companies whose policies you love and who never make a mistake, well, you must have a ton of money 'cause it sure can't be easy to find a place to spend it.

Cat
I never told the OP not to do business with them. I told him to ask himself if that's the type of Co he wants to do business with,meaning that's his choice. There should have been a contract in place for the bullets before the release of the offer period. I owne a business if I done business like a lot of Co's now days I wouldn't have long standing customers like I do because poor promotions and bad service causes customers to go elsewhere.

Duckiller
08-11-2013, 11:02 PM
Read the fine print! Without being too insulting if you don't read the entire offer you are going to be diappointed very often. RCBS and Speer are owned by the same company. If RCBS can't get bullets ,nobody is getting bullets. Isn't that the problem lots of people are having and why we cast boolits. Why is some one crying about no jacketed bullets on a cast boolit forum? My state outlawed lead wheel weights. Did I cry? No, I found other sources of lead. As posted on another people cry too much.

500MAG
08-12-2013, 05:52 AM
Read the fine print! Without being too insulting if you don't read the entire offer you are going to be diappointed very often. RCBS and Speer are owned by the same company. If RCBS can't get bullets ,nobody is getting bullets. Isn't that the problem lots of people are having and why we cast boolits. Why is some one crying about no jacketed bullets on a cast boolit forum? My state outlawed lead wheel weights. Did I cry? No, I found other sources of lead. As posted on another people cry too much.
You must use j-words, you said you were standing in line with the rest of them. Whoops, I read the fine print, you said with everybody else, guess you don't use any. I was just saying that they could change the offer for future buyers and honor the ones that bought to that date. If you go to many of the distributer sites, they were still advertising the Same deal, they just recently changed it. It's not until you actually printed the voucher that you saw this and that's what I was pointing out to begin with. They could give a type of rain check to cover those that purchased up to that date.

novalty
08-12-2013, 09:30 AM
I sent in for the 1 box offer back in January, and they fulfilled it without issue. "My brother" bought a RCBS Promelt at the end of February, at that time RCBS had amended their rebate form to say that they may not be able to fulfill the bullet promotion, and would send back your check with the rebate amount. They did fill "his" order for 500 of the 9mm Speer GD's. So the writing was on the wall 6 months ago.

cbrick
08-12-2013, 10:39 AM
Then ask yourself if this is the type of Co you want to do business with in the future.

RCBS? Yes it is and without a single doubt. It doesn't get any better for customer service than RCBS. Anyone that would disparage RCBS over something as silly as this perhaps needs a different hobby.

In times like these when all tooling and expendables are in extremely short supply and ALL companies are doing everything they can to meet the demand, the very fact that they made this offer speaks volumes of RCBS. They are already selling everything they can make before it's even made and yet they still offer what is in reality a very generous offer.

Is RCBS the type of company I want to do business with now or in the future? You bet it is, other companies should pay close attention to RCBS's business model.

Rick

Sweetpea
08-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Yep, the disclaimer has been up for quite some time...

I was able to get 500 130gn grand slam bullets for the 270.

Feeling lucky.

Brandon

Harter66
08-12-2013, 02:06 PM
A buddy just bought 3 boxes of JPJs ,totaly ill suited for the intended purpose, $107.

W/that said , I will 2nd RCBSs customer service being tops. They are also upfront ad department or not.

I wonder if someone presented a 1982 RC kit coupon/ad if it would be honored more over would you expect it to be honored? This is the same deal. Hornady distributors until just a couple of months ago were still advertising Loc-n-load get bullets. Why mention that ? They just cut 115 bullets from production and a whole pile of production loads ,presumably to free up equiptment to try to catch up w/demand. June of last yr was the last time I saw more than 50% of the componets I use w/any regularity on the shelf.

FWIW 270/7mm seems to be the delivery/run of the month at least thats what on the shelves.

ultramag
08-12-2013, 02:29 PM
RCBS? Yes it is and without a single doubt. It doesn't get any better for customer service than RCBS. Anyone that would disparage RCBS over something as silly as this perhaps needs a different hobby.

In times like these when all tooling and expendables are in extremely short supply and ALL companies are doing everything they can to meet the demand, the very fact that they made this offer speaks volumes of RCBS. They are already selling everything they can make before it's even made and yet they still offer what is in reality a very generous offer.

Is RCBS the type of company I want to do business with now or in the future? You bet it is, other companies should pay close attention to RCBS's business model.

Rick

+1

Very well put and so much more eloquent than I could've done. The fact that RCBS is in the hot seat proves beyond a shadow of a doubt to me that no matter what you do you can't please every body.

Swamp Man
08-12-2013, 06:13 PM

RickWhy get so bent out of shape over a question that wasn't even directed at you? I've never done business with the Co so I have no idea how they pro-form in other times it was simply a question I posted to the OP. As far as reloading goes I haven't even started yet so I don't know much about any of the press and tool Co's.

Love Life
08-12-2013, 06:30 PM
I love doing business with a company like RCBS. Heck I love doing business with RCBS. Just an absolutely fantastic company that will see many of my dollars for years to come.

500MAG
08-12-2013, 06:44 PM
I never once disparaged RCBS equipment or their customer service. If I thought they produced bad equipment, I never would have bought from them to begin with. I was simply stating that I was expecting them to come through with what they had advertised. Even though I was not putting down the quality of RCBS, I love it how people take it as a personal attack when others critique the type of equipment they use. I own equipment from just about every reloading company. I have and use reloaders from Lyman, RCBS, and Dillon. I can only attest to how happy or dissatisfied with the equipment I have or do use. If someone else thinks the Reloader they have is better than mine, that's fine with me. I'm happy with mine and glad that your happy with yours. I wouldn't think about attacking someone that thinks their Hornady LNL is better than my Dillon or me even telling them that mine is better than theirs. It's all personal preference. That is why all these companies have succeeded.

cbrick
08-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Why get so bent out of shape over a question that wasn't even directed at you? I've never done business with the Co so I have no idea how they pro-form in other times it was simply a question I posted to the OP. As far as reloading goes I haven't even started yet so I don't know much about any of the press and tool Co's.

First . . . No one is in the slightest bent out of shape, certainly not me.

Second . . . Yes, the question was directed at me. The question was posted on and directed to the forum of which I am a part. If you wish to address a single person on an open forum send them a PM.

I love it how people take it as a personal attack when others critique the type of equipment they use.

I wouldn't think about attacking someone that thinks their Hornady LNL is better than my Dillon

Where did that come from? Are you sure your posting in the correct thread? That doesn't make a lick of sense regarding anything in this thread.

Rick

Mal Paso
08-12-2013, 08:54 PM
Wow! The First Complaint I've heard about RCBS.

They have maintained Excellent Customer Service despite their parent company ATK. I'm sure ATK was the one that said No More Bullets.

Defcon-One
08-21-2013, 02:08 PM
It does say "or" but I would be bent as well. Look at the bright side, you avoided about $45.00 in "shipping and handling fees.

"OR" typically means at the Buyer's Option, not at the Seller's Option!

Take the money, buy something that they don't make with it and then cast your own bullets! One warning, the money is pretty slow in getting to you. I have done a few of these "Rebates", I always took the money, and it takes from 6-12 weeks for them to get that check to you!

I hate REBATES, never really understood them, but I love a good deal!

RCBS has never let ME down!

JesterGrin_1
08-22-2013, 04:56 PM
In a roundabout way you can have your Boolits. Just get the funds and purchase lead and make your Own BOOLITS. :)

I could be wrong but I think that is part of the reason many people cast there own. As they can get what they want when they need it there way and do not have to depend on some company to make them. :)

ph4570
08-22-2013, 05:13 PM
My brother recently had the same sad surprise.

On the other hand I just got an email from Hornady indicating that my free qty 500 .308 150 gr bullets (#3031) have shipped. That was the bonus from my recent purchase of a LNL AP.

Do not get me wrong -- I have and like RCBS tools as well.