PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeve - on this Forum

Green Frog
08-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Am I the only one who notices this, or have others of you wondered why people think the organizers of this Forum went to all the trouble to have different topic lines to divide posts by interest? My greatest interest is probably the hand tools such as the 310 tool and Lee Loader, yet when I go to that category, the posts are about using stainless steel pins in tumblers, cleaning the goop off of new bullet moulds, etc, etc. Other sections have postings as unrelated to their heading or even more so. I'm beginning to wonder whether these posters even bother to look at the category or just close their eyes and randomly pick one. I'm a member of quite a few forums, but this one has by far the worst offenders. Doesn't it seem like it would be a big effort to use the topic headers and quickly attract interested readers to one's posts or questions, or am I missing something?

To the moderators of this Forum, please don't read this as a complaint against the job you are doing, because you would just have to read every new thread and relocate about 50% or more of them, something no one could expect... it's on the users themselves. I would think, however, that the users would want to reach their intended "audience" as quickly and efficiently as possible.

OK, that's my rant. Am I the only one that feels this way?

Charlie Shaeff
Green Frog

Outpost75
08-10-2013, 11:26 AM

Charlie, I feel your pain.

Appologies for this off-topic post.

I hope the eye candy warms your furry little heart 8-)

missionary5155
08-10-2013, 11:46 AM
Greetings
Yes and No...
I forget what my latest "plop it in the wrong forum" was but I sure did it and #1 had to get it fixed.
Some New fellers are overwhelmed with all the catagories.. so I can cut them some slack remembering I am not yet perfect either.
Mike in Peru

Love Life
08-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Is this where I ask if I can shoot a gas check designed boolit without a gas check?

jmort
08-10-2013, 11:53 AM
I would just do a search for threads regarding the 310 and subscribe to them. I am on here every day, so I just click "Today" and really don't pay attention forums per se, except for the Casting for Shotguns forum. Now I am beginning to understand how LoveLife got his "Golden Bullet"

redneckdan
08-10-2013, 11:54 AM
I believe part of it has to do with the cultural dynamic of this group. Think more campfire BS session or tail gate jaw jackin.

Keeping this group organized has to be like herding cats. I rather like this forum versus thr or other places with stricter mod nazis.

montana_charlie
08-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Yup.
There are too many unique zones for members to keep track of ... and about every three months somebody comes along asking for a new one to be created.
The last time is was a member wanting a section for 'knives' ...

CM

km101
08-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Is this where I ask if I can shoot a gas check designed boolit without a gas check?

Well, can you?? :bigsmyl2:

theperfessor
08-10-2013, 11:59 AM
Wait until the real old timers here break into a thread to post about tractors or something equally weird.

Love Life
08-10-2013, 12:02 PM
I think the beat thread drift I saw was when I was looking for R5R's mailing address and it ended in a discussion on boolit lube and adding diameter to the necks of rifle brass.

WILCO
08-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Am I the only one who notices this, or have others of you wondered why people think the organizers of this Forum went to all the trouble to have different topic lines to divide posts by interest?

Sign of the times Charlie. Folks don't take the time to read. Can't even get most of them to have a reloading manual. :veryconfu

WILCO
08-10-2013, 12:11 PM
I hope the eye candy warms your furry little heart 8-)

Great pics!!!

Green Frog
08-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Greetings
Yes and No...
I forget what my latest "plop it in the wrong forum" was but I sure did it and #1 had to get it fixed.
Some New fellers are overwhelmed with all the catagories.. so I can cut them some slack remembering I am not yet perfect either.
Mike in Peru

Mike,

I recognize that none of us is perfect... your boss (and mine) was the only one who accomplished that, and AFAIK He doesn't post here very often. What has me baffled is how some people seem to go to some totally unrelated topic and just start a thread so far in left field it's in the nosebleed section of the bleachers! It seems like the inspiration for a given topic would come while browsing a section that is at least somewhat related to the question at hand, don't you think? I try to put my posts in their most logical topic headings in the hopes that others with similar interests will find them and respond. :coffeecom

Outpost75;

Thanks for the eye candy... I really love seeing those old iron handled tong tools with the purple hue! :D Since it's my thread, I'll "drift it" in the direction of 310 tools I mentioned and say one of my proudest moments was when I got a pair of the transitional tong tools... large and small iron with adaptor rings! :bigsmyl2:

Froggie

PS Thanks to all who responded so quickly. Now I don't feel so all alone!! [smilie=l:

badgeredd
08-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Green Frog,

Trust me, you are not alone!!!!!
Sometimes I think we are too politically correct to say what needs to be said.

Edd

Dale in Louisiana
08-10-2013, 12:44 PM
I feel your pain.

Back in 1985 I opened up a computer bulletin board (single dial-up phone line, 1200 baud modem. anybody remember those?) and carefully set up forums for various subjects I'd seen on similar boards, plus a board for topics that didn't fit a specific forum.

Wanna guess where everything showed up?

Same thing happens here... somebody'll post about a specific topic and somebody'll will post and then somebody comes along and a random neuron fires and the thread starts to meander.

I look at it as part of the charm.

dale in Louisiana

357maximum
08-10-2013, 01:14 PM
if it was not for "random neuron firing" I would never make it out of bed. :lol:

SingleBarrel
08-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Mike in Peru.

I have to agree with the newbies being overwhelmed, I have a 1874 sharps in 50-90 and it is my first venture into everything not modern. I am VERY green, not to firearms, but to black powder, casting, swaging, old designs, ect, ect.

I frequently get confused where I should look for something, the single shot forum and the black powder cartridge forum get me confused the most. As I have a single shot that I want to shoot black powder cartridges with, lol. Glad I don't have a trap door that could also go into the military rifles forum! If I had a question about casting for paper patching, you see what I mean? For a newbie it can be confusing.

Like I said I'm very green to this whole area of firearms, and have zero experience reloading or casting and I haven't been around this forum long, I will learn, but until I do I may be a nuisance.

At least right now I'm fairly broke and still buying up equipment and such so I mainly read to gain info. There is much to learn by just reading the many stickies and keeping up with posts. It'll be a while before I have enough knowledge to ask a reasonable question.

Blaming all typos on iPhones auto correct.

bhl2506
08-10-2013, 02:33 PM
I don't know what the the daily post count is here but I'm pretty sure with 30,000 plus members it would be impossible to keep up with moving post to its proper subforum. Yes it's irritating as heck, but I just over look it and just skip what isn't relative to me.

waksupi
08-10-2013, 05:30 PM
If we notice them or are notified, we move them. If we miss one, that just leaves the guy wondering why he isn't getting an answer to his question. Live and learn. Sometimes we don't know where to put them, either!

blackthorn
08-10-2013, 05:39 PM
I don't understand! What's wrong with tractors?

Green Frog
08-10-2013, 05:59 PM
If we notice them or are notified, we move them. If we miss one, that just leaves the guy wondering why he isn't getting an answer to his question. Live and learn. Sometimes we don't know where to put them, either!

Absolutely agree, note my comment to that effect in my initial post. With a Brazillion or so posts daily, there is no way you could practically monitor for compliance. [smilie=b: I guess I'm just wondering whether people who can't handle such a simple task as posting properly are actually casting with hot lead and then putting the products together with primers and gun powder! :holysheep Just sayin' here! :roll:

Froggie

Love Life
08-10-2013, 06:08 PM

I thought we were talking about Cabela's reward points?

gray wolf
08-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Nothing, did I miss something about tractors ?
I like tractors specially the older ones.
Anyone like old cars ?

Artful
08-10-2013, 07:48 PM
I do!

64 Thunderbird project in the garage!

Charlie Shaeff aka Green Frog

I wouldn't let it get to me, one of the things I like about this forum is the family/home feel to the conversations.
You know your talking along line A and you get bumped onto track B by a member of conversation - you can bring it back to A after you take care of B.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmQLCyt4JKg#a

montana_charlie
08-10-2013, 07:52 PM
I have a 1874 sharps in 50-90 and it is my first venture into everything not modern. I am VERY green, not to firearms, but to black powder, casting, swaging, old designs, ect, ect.

I frequently get confused where I should look for something, the single shot forum and the black powder cartridge forum get me confused the most. As I have a single shot that I want to shoot black powder cartridges with, lol. Glad I don't have a trap door that could also go into the military rifles forum! If I had a question about casting for paper patching, you see what I mean? For a newbie it can be confusing.
When you get that far along, there are two paper patching forums ... smokeless and black powder.
If you want to shoot a singleshot using smokeless, that's the Singleshot forum. It's good for everything from rolling blocks to Contenders

If you want to specialize in black powder, the BPC forum (tries to) focus specifically on that propellant.

On any of those forums, just take a look at the discussions that are in progress, and jump into any that interest you.
But, if you are "looking" for something ... you should be using the search function.

This one ( http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=001951264366462437169:ggn3vg-bjum ) is a bit more useful than the native search feature.

CM

Blacksmith
08-10-2013, 08:05 PM
How do you move a post that starts on one topic, usually correct for the section, then drifts to a topic for another section, and later drifts to something completely off topic? If you are looking for something either use the search function or Google your search words along with Cast Boolits in the search field.

1Shirt
08-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Was it not Bill Shakespear or however you spell his name who coined the phrase "Much adoo about nothing"!
1Shirt!

dragon813gt
08-10-2013, 09:07 PM

I'm still laughing at this post :laugh:

DCM
08-10-2013, 10:00 PM
I do!

64 Thunderbird project in the garage!

Charlie Shaeff aka Green Frog

I wouldn't let it get to me, one of the things I like about this forum is the family/home feel to the conversations.
You know your talking along line A and you get bumped onto track B by a member of conversation - you can bring it back to A after you take care of B.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmQLCyt4JKg#a

She looks and sounds like the drip from sons of guns.

64 T bird, cool got pics?

merlin101
08-10-2013, 11:04 PM
Wait until the real old timers here break into a thread to post about tractors or something equally weird.

And just what is so "weird about tractors"?

OPPS I should've read page two before posting, oh well.

Bored1
08-10-2013, 11:13 PM
Was it not Bill Shakespear or however you spell his name who coined the phrase "Much adoo about nothing"!
1Shirt!

I believe it was!!!!

I actually look forward to the posts that are completely off topic. Read through a bunch of threads hoping for that exact thing every day. Lots of times brings me to a whole bunch of topics I hadn't even considered before.

OR I end up trying to figure out the connection between shooting bullets designed for gas checks without them, old tractors, and cats???? :veryconfu

Not even going to get into what in the world waksupi, a flying fish, and a paperpatched 50/90 have in common!!!
:groner:

Boerrancher
08-10-2013, 11:25 PM
OR I end up trying to figure out the connection between shooting bullets designed for gas checks without them, old tractors, and cats????

Well I have noticed that cats seem to hang around old tractors most likely looking for mice in the weeds and brush that grow up around them. Now how the boolit designed for gas checks fits in to this depends on your view of cats and the velocity you wish to shoot them at.

Best wishes

Joe

possom813
08-10-2013, 11:44 PM
Here are the two new pick ups, from the wife's grandparent's estate

1971 Buick Centurion, bought new in '71 and I'm not sure of the year on the tractor, but it was bought new as well. Ferguson 30 series, not sure which letters for it yet. Last patent on the dash was 1950, but the family swears it was bought in the 40's [smilie=l:

Also, can I tumble lube boolits that aren't designed for it and will they shoot ok? :p

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/possom75110/1971%20Buick%20Centurion/100_1722.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/possom75110/100_1751.jpg

And for kicks, pics of the daily tractor, 1956 Ferguson FE35, playing in the mud...actually I was attempting to spread a load of dirt around the house and it started raining on me long enough to make it nasty and muddy [smilie=b:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/possom75110/053.jpg

Mk42gunner
08-10-2013, 11:50 PM

Like I said I'm very green to this whole area of firearms, and have zero experience reloading or casting and I haven't been around this forum long, I will learn, but until I do I may be a nuisance.

We all had to start somewhere. At least here you can ask how to do something if the reloading manual just does not make sense to you.

At least right now I'm fairly broke and still buying up equipment and such so I mainly read to gain info. Story of my life.There is much to learn by just reading the many stickies and keeping up with posts. While I am on here most everyday, I don't even try to read everything; I just pick a few forums that interest me and follow them. It'll be a while before I have enough knowledge to ask a reasonable question. Please don't wait that long.....

Blaming all typos on iPhones auto correct.

I lurked around the old Shooters.com board since before the Betty Crocker days, and have regretted not joining the forums (and conversations) earlier than I did. Sometimes it only takes someone changing one word in a question or answer for the solution to magically appear to multiple people.

Robert

Vernon Hayes
08-11-2013, 12:34 AM
Cats and Tractors. lol Here is a video of a cat in a shark suit riding a roomba. My girls showed it to me the other day thought it might fit here. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLt5rBfNucc#at=10

Bad Water Bill
08-11-2013, 05:07 AM
One great thing about this site is it reminds me of sitting around a campfire with friends.

Someone starts about a gas check and some answers are given then someone asks are yours copper,made by Lyman etc and now we are off to the races.

During the discussion many folks that only view but never join have learned the answer to questions they have had for years.

Did folks here learn something new?

Did the drift trigger other questions?

In the THOUSANDS of times I have stopped to read something I can not recall many that I did not learn something,spill coffee laughing at,suggest something etc.

This is a very big family and we are here to share just like folks do over the campfire or the kitchen table for the city folks present.

To change anything here would take the charm out of Cast Boolits.

After all where else can you go from a stick guy in N Z wearing PURPLE long johns IN PUBLIC to a young rancher in Montana talking about his Blackfoot girlfriend winning a bbl race to a "sky pilot" on top of a mountain in Peru about a BP load for his bbl stuffer. Sorry Mike no offense meant.

Well I think you get the idea why I will be here for a long time to come.

Not forgetting the fact that this site played a roll in me having to change my signature.

gon2shoot
08-11-2013, 06:51 AM
This thread reminded me that I need to adjust the clutch on my 8N ford.

472x1B/A
08-11-2013, 07:52 AM
I still say that a #2 longspring leg hold trap is best for three legged possums snooping around old tractors sitting in fence rows.

gray wolf
08-11-2013, 08:12 AM
NOW!!! we are getting someplace, that is a way cool flat bed.

William Yanda
08-11-2013, 08:30 AM
Now I really want to know. What is the correct category to post regarding buying and selling lube grooves, both new and used?

Duckin' and runnin!

Pat I.
08-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Green Frog,

Sometimes I think we are too politically correct to say what needs to be said.

Edd

Better be careful with that. Last time I wasn't politically correct and pointed out the obvious I got scolded and a 5 point infraction for being arrogant and an elitist from some guy I never even heard of. Now I just put people on ignore.

DCM
08-11-2013, 02:05 PM
One great thing about this site is it reminds me of sitting around a campfire with friends.

Someone starts about a gas check and some answers are given then someone asks are yours copper,made by Lyman etc and now we are off to the races.

During the discussion many folks that only view but never join have learned the answer to questions they have had for years.

Did folks here learn something new?

Did the drift trigger other questions?

In the THOUSANDS of times I have stopped to read something I can not recall many that I did not learn something,spill coffee laughing at,suggest something etc.

This is a very big family and we are here to share just like folks do over the campfire or the kitchen table for the city folks present.

To change anything here would take the charm out of Cast Boolits.

After all where else can you go from a stick guy in N Z wearing PURPLE long johns IN PUBLIC to a young rancher in Montana talking about his Blackfoot girlfriend winning a bbl race to a "sky pilot" on top of a mountain in Peru about a BP load for his bbl stuffer. Sorry Mike no offense meant.

Well I think you get the idea why I will be here for a long time to come.

Not forgetting the fact that this site played a roll in me having to change my signature.

I think Bill pretty well nailed it!
If you are looking for direct answers to your question word it very carefully, to the point and make it clear you are serious.
If you do so don't expect it to become a sticky though as it will likely be like Hatchers notebook, Very factual but very dry reading. Interesting to some but boring to most.

Now has anyone run over a cat with a tractor??

Dale in Louisiana
08-11-2013, 03:03 PM
I still say that a #2 longspring leg hold trap is best for three legged possums snooping around old tractors sitting in fence rows.

But that same trap is a terribly awful thing if you're by yourself in the marsh, standing on a soggy hummock and the fat part of your thumb is caught in it.

dale in Louisiana

onceabull
08-11-2013, 03:34 PM
This guy with the #2 trap as purportly the best for three legged possums,et al,must not have heard of the Asperly Aimless, the stone cold skookum for that work..[smilie=6: Onceabull

waksupi
08-11-2013, 03:56 PM
But that same trap is a terribly awful thing if you're by yourself in the marsh, standing on a soggy hummock and the fat part of your thumb is caught in it.

dale in Louisiana

A few years back, an old friend of mine who has passed had an experience similar to that. He was trapping beaver in the Stillwater River, with a couple other guys. He had set his drown stake in about 4 feet of water, and was wearing rubber gloves. Caught both thumbs in the double spring trap. Couldn't get loose, couldn't pull the stake. He stood there for quite awhile before they found him. They couldn't free him right away, as they were too busy laughing.

Rick N Bama
08-11-2013, 05:36 PM

I ran over a Rabbit with a lawnmower once, does that count?

Rick

bikerbeans
08-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Well, can you?? :bigsmyl2:

What's a gas check?:roll:

BB

blackthorn
08-11-2013, 07:18 PM
What's a gas check?:roll:

BB

Corn-cob and a rubber hammer??

Green Frog
08-12-2013, 02:01 PM
[smilie=b:[smilie=b:[smilie=b: I give up! [smilie=b:[smilie=b:[smilie=b:

I just came from the "Casting and Reloading Hand Tools" Section where the FIRST EIGHT threads have nothing at all to do with hand tools! In fact, one guy begins his post with, "I'm not sure this is the correct area for this post, but I thought the info should be shared." AAARRRGGHHH!

While I admit that most sections are not this bad, this one just hits me like fingernails on a chalk board for some reason. I think I'll go load something with one of my 310 tools and then go shoot something. Hopefully it will make me feel better. :Fire:

Moderators; if you want to close this thread off to save bandwidth, please feel free. We need the extra space for all the misplaced threads, I guess. :roll:

Froggie

searcher4851
08-12-2013, 03:36 PM
I think Bill pretty well nailed it!
If you are looking for direct answers to your question word it very carefully, to the point and make it clear you are serious.
If you do so don't expect it to become a sticky though as it will likely be like Hatchers notebook, Very factual but very dry reading. Interesting to some but boring to most.

Yes, I had no other alternative, because I couldn't get a direct answer about shooting bullets designed for gas checks without the gascheck. I didn't want to do it wrong.

Char-Gar
08-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Great thread...now let me tell you about my dog Whitman....

geargnasher
08-12-2013, 04:53 PM
I think the beat thread drift I saw was when I was looking for R5R's mailing address and it ended in a discussion on boolit lube and adding diameter to the necks of rifle brass.

You left out the part about Mustang camshaft phasers somewhere in the middle of that one. Some threads drift like Tanner Foust, it's all part of the fun.

Gear

Love Life
08-12-2013, 05:01 PM
So how do you add thickness to a case neck?

Pat I.
08-12-2013, 05:02 PM
People are wound way too freakin tight nowadays. Instead of giving yourself a heart attack turn the stupid computer off and go do something else, getting out and shooting the guns we're writing about comes to mind. More and more I'm seeing threads griping about other people's posts and threads............. YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THEM!!

With that said I'd like to hear about Whitman Char-Gar.

onceabull
08-12-2013, 05:13 PM
I am always in for a good dog story--Have several of my own(stories) but you go ahead first... Onceabull

Reg
08-12-2013, 07:42 PM
And did you hear, Art Bell is going back on the radio !!!!!!!!

:kidding::kidding::kidding::lol:

possom813
08-13-2013, 12:46 AM

That's easy, superglue :D

On a serious note though, what caliber for squirrels? My buddy said I could use .25-06 and wouldn't have as much to clean as the other guys? I have a .30-06, and the .25-06 fit, so I can use those right, the .30's just faster than the .25 isn't it? :kidding:

bob208
08-14-2013, 12:39 PM
a gas check is what i do before i take my tractor out in the field.

High Lord Gomer
08-14-2013, 01:00 PM
Shouldn't this have been posted in the Complaint forum? :kidding:

MT Gianni
08-14-2013, 02:15 PM
Now I really want to know. What is the correct category to post regarding buying and selling lube grooves, both new and used?

Duckin' and runnin!

You have to start with good pictures of the grooves, without any trace of the lube. But speaking of lube does anyone know anything about who Emmerets was and what he did when he wasn't making lube?

onceabull
08-14-2013, 04:11 PM
Emmert was a direct decendent of Judas Iscariot of New Testament fame, on the father's side..(I'm sure,because I saw it on an internet forum... Onceabull

Love Life
08-14-2013, 04:14 PM
In order to post in the complaint department you have to contact the selp appointed complaint department moderator. If I recall correctly it was Hamish last I saw.

Vernon Hayes
08-14-2013, 06:45 PM

lol Thats funny right there.

gandydancer
08-14-2013, 06:56 PM
That's not very nice. I bet you valet Whitman is a nice guy. GD

Great thread...now let me tell you about my dog Whitman....

DCM
08-14-2013, 07:22 PM

And I thought it was what I do before I take the boat out, see now I learned something.

SharpsShooter
08-14-2013, 07:49 PM
Well I have noticed that cats seem to hang around old tractors most likely looking for mice in the weeds and brush that grow up around them. Now how the boolit designed for gas checks fits in to this depends on your view of cats and the velocity you wish to shoot them at.

Best wishes

Joe

What gun do you use to shoot cats? They won't chamber in anything I have.[smilie=1:

SS

Hogtamer
08-14-2013, 08:03 PM
The days before Betty Crocker?? I must be some kin to her - I still work part time as a chef - and they call me Bubba Crocker, especially when I show up at the club in the "Boolit Buggy!"
It's part tractor and @ $3.50 a gallon I could use one of those gas checks I keep reading about. Oh, and I've shot a bunch of Lee slugs across the hood lately, resting on the rubber windshield brackets. I lost my health care last month and can't afford my meds. Is this the prescription forum?

Mal Paso
08-14-2013, 09:50 PM
What's a thread about Cat Tractors without pictures?

I love Cats when trees fall down.

bob208
08-15-2013, 08:51 AM
a gas check works on boats too. but i would say a gas check is a great thing on a airplane. a boat or tractor would just set there.

Dale in Louisiana
08-15-2013, 09:35 AM
With a teeny tiny oxyacetylene torch and a little brazing rod.

dale in Louisiana

DCM
08-15-2013, 08:20 PM
With a teeny tiny oxyacetylene torch and a little brazing rod.

dale in Louisiana

Speaking of that does anyone know where I can get a replacement for mine, one of the valves got wrecked.
I believe it is a Bernzomatic and actually uses mapp/oxy, real handy for very small stuff/tight spaces.

EDIT: Found them at Amazon,( http://www.amazon.com/Welding-Brazing-Cutting-Torch-OX2550KC/dp/B0002JM8AO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1376773935&sr=8-4&keywords=oxygen+mapp+torch+kit ) only 3X what I paid originally and more than the cost of a chinese brazing torch set for my real oxy/acetalene torches! [smilie=b:
Sure WAS handy and far more portable than the big bottles though. :-x

GL49
08-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Emmert was a direct decendent of Judas Iscariot of New Testament fame, on the father's side..(I'm sure,because I saw it on an internet forum... Onceabull

IIRC, iscariots are what the old-time egyptians drove around, right? Is a Judas and an Emmert just a model, kinda like a Camaro and Impala are both Chevys? I'm a little lost here.

Artful
08-20-2013, 11:52 PM
What gun do you use to shoot cats? They won't chamber in anything I have.[smilie=1:

SS

Have you tried your Chicken Gun?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCQ2oZtVNpg

Janoosh
08-21-2013, 02:17 PM
+1on Art Bell. I've got investments in Alcoa. Now..a gas check..that's what I do after leaving a Mexican restaurant! What gun DO you use to shoot cats??? And what caliber are they? Persian? SIamese? Calico?....never saw the chicken gun....but I have been to Punkin Chunkin... and those cannons will chamber a cat! That's for sure! And the catapults...well...how do you think they got that name!

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Speaking of that does anyone know where I can get a replacement for mine, one of the valves got wrecked.
I believe it is a Bernzomatic and actually uses mapp/oxy, real handy for very small stuff/tight spaces.

EDIT: Found them at Amazon,( http://www.amazon.com/Welding-Brazing-Cutting-Torch-OX2550KC/dp/B0002JM8AO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1376773935&sr=8-4&keywords=oxygen+mapp+torch+kit ) only 3X what I paid originally and more than the cost of a chinese brazing torch set for my real oxy/acetalene torches! [smilie=b:
Sure WAS handy and far more portable than the big bottles though. :-x
I got a valve [for propane] for from an older set that used solid Oxygen bars. The container that used the Oxygen Bars....it rusted beyond use. The valve that goes on the propane tank looks good, will that work on a Mapp Tank ? It's yours [along with the hoses/handle and tip] if you can use it.
Jon