PDA

View Full Version : Need some tips from New York state shooters.

Ed Barrett
08-09-2013, 04:15 PM
I'm making a trip to see the Grand children in New York state in September. This time my wife and I are both retired so we can take our time getting up there and plan on spending two weeks in the Schenevus (Oneonta/Cooperstown) area. Are there any interesting gun shops in the area? The kids will be in school and my sons will be working so I will have the days free.

altheating
08-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Maybe Screwbolts will see this. He is from the Cooperstown area. I'm sure he can point you to some neat little gun shops. I would point you toward Lock Stock and Barrel in Palatine Bridge.

Ed Barrett
08-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Still waiting to hear from you "upstaters". I know there are a few here.

merlin101
08-10-2013, 11:10 PM
Still waiting to hear from you "upstaters". I know there are a few here.
Nope, we all left after the unSAFE act passed!
You won't be to far away from the Remington factory, might have a nice tour there. Other than that I'm outa ideas for ya as I'm about 3 hours down the road from there.

Vopie
08-10-2013, 11:19 PM
There's Lin's in Davenport Center, don't think there's anything left around Cooperstown, and Lock, Stock, @Bbl. in Palatine Bridge.

Janoosh
08-11-2013, 11:42 PM
I use Dell in Margretville and Jolly Roger in Conn. I dont know of many left. The trip to make is to the trading post in Maine. I cant remember the whole name.

Janoosh
08-11-2013, 11:44 PM
Kittery Trading Post! The gears are turning a little slower lately.