PDA

View Full Version : Test of the new GM LRH barrel and 515 grain boolits

newton
08-08-2013, 11:38 AM
I am hoping to not have to repeat myself, so I am hoping its ok to post a link to another site where I did a write up of my testing last night. I should have done it here, then posted the link over there because most of the time I am directing people over there to this forum for their cast boolit questions.

Its not a rival site, just a state wide 'hunting' site for Arkansas.

If its not allowable, just take the link down and I will do the write up here. There were just a lot of guys questioning some muzzleloader 'projectiles' lately over there is why I posted over there. I think I might get them to convert one of these days...

http://www.arkansashunting.net/showthread.php?t=160392&p=1912741&posted=1#post1912741

newton
08-08-2013, 11:48 AM
I got a question about this Renegade stock I am using. Has anyone found a good cheek pad of some sort for it? I get kissed every time I pull the trigger and I am sitting here this morning feeling like someone took a swipe at me. Must be the design or something.

C. Latch
08-08-2013, 07:51 PM
I have a Renegade that does the same thing. The stock dimensions are different between the Renegade and the Hawken. My solution was to buy a Hawken. I kept the Renegade for other reasons (the original barrel was rebored to 20-gauge smoothbore by Ed Rayl and one of these days I want to shoot a squirrel with it) but MUCH prefer the Hawken stock. You could always buy a Hawken stock and swap your Renegade parts into it.

newton
08-08-2013, 08:23 PM
I might. If I can find the right one. I like the look of the renegade stock though. Not sure about the hawken.

idahoron
08-08-2013, 08:48 PM
The Hawken was the one that kicked the **** out of me. The Renegades fit me great. Ron

starmac
08-09-2013, 01:40 AM
LOL I have a cabellas hawkin that will swell the whole side of my head up shooting max loads, I just tone them back a bit for just shooting.

newton
08-09-2013, 08:33 AM
I'm just going to look into getting/making a cheek pad for this stock. I think anything that would ease the wood to cheek contact would be better than nothing. I really like the butt configuration of the Renegade. It fits perfect the way I shoot and I really cannot say I have any discomfort from the other days shooting.

My cheek is the exception. I must have gotten a couple good whollops in there somewhere. Wouldn't surprise me if I don't see color today. lol. I am sure I was probably holding loose. I usually do that when target shooting.

wgr
08-09-2013, 08:02 PM
i took my hawken stock and a rasp . put more drop to it . it helps alot.