PDA

View Full Version : Gator Gas Checks?

crabo
10-13-2007, 05:42 PM
I haven't used any gas checks yet, but I would like to try a few. It seems like Gator is the one to use.

If I understand correctly, I use my star sizer to install and crimp the gascheck. I just put it on the bullet and then run it through the sizer.

Is Gator the brand to buy, and can I buy direct from him? I cannot find a website for him. Are there other brands that I can buy that will work well that I could buy a lot of about 100-500? I want to use them on bullets sized 356-358.

I would appreciate a few comments on gas checks or is there a thread or sticky I can read?

Thanks,

Crabo

454PB
10-13-2007, 10:22 PM
Yes, your Star sizer will install gas checks. Depending on your individual mould, you may have to force them on the heel before putting them in the Star sizer. I use the "bump" method in my Star, I install the check lightly, then use the bottom punch to tap it on the boolit before I push it through the sizer. I got in on a group buy of Gator checks, and found them to be superior to Hornady checks in fit and finish.

Do a forum search on gas checks, you'll find all kinds of information.

No_1
10-14-2007, 07:04 AM
Hi Crabo,

This link : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=20238 tells about the Gatorcheck group buy process. It also list direct contact info for Larry (the Gator) if you want to contact him for purchase.

We are trying to put together another group buy but it has been dragging on for months. I have been in contact with Larry and we are currently awaiting the calibers he will run and the final price.

R.

leftiye
10-14-2007, 04:57 PM
No1, Do you have a link to that group buy? I mightwant in on it when the calibers are finalized.

No_1
10-14-2007, 06:09 PM
I have not started that thread. It will be started when I have the final facts from Larry.

R.

No1, Do you have a link to that group buy? I mightwant in on it when the calibers are finalized.

Lead melter
10-14-2007, 06:42 PM
No. 1,
Ditto in the interest of the group buy for me. I'm new to the forum so I've never done that before, but I have used the Gators. Please keep updates coming.
:-D

redneckdan
10-17-2007, 03:41 PM
any more info on the gatorcheck group buy? I've found that my .300 whisper needs checks and I'm lookin for a large quantity.