PDA

View Full Version : I have a new wheel weight purchasing agreement -thoughts?!

WildcatFan
08-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Ok, I have a deal where I take pizza to a shop here once a week and take theirs. I just did so, brought it home and pulled out the zink and/or steel weights and it still weighed 50.0lbs. The pizzas for the mngt and guys in the bay is $16.19, so I need at least 25lbs to be worth it according to spot...but I value lead at a higher price due to the move to non-lead weights.

Thoughts?

imashooter2
08-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Any source of lead is a good source these days. The once a week interval is the only real concern... How many times have you done the deal? Is the take reasonably consistent?

500MAG
08-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Ok, I have a deal where I take pizza to a shop here once a week and take theirs. I just did so, brought it home and pulled out the zink and/or steel weights and it still weighed 50.0lbs. The pizzas for the mngt and guys in the bay is $16.19, so I need at least 25lbs to be worth it according to spot...but I value lead at a higher price due to the move to non-lead weights.

Thoughts?

There's a guy on here that will trade your zinc for lead pound for pound. That can increase your lead take.

imashooter2
08-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Yes, I forgot all about Shady Grady. Good call 500MAG!

dbosman
08-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Now try to cut a deal with the pizza place. Some places offer discounts for pre-paid coupons or gift certificates.
Some local places have the owner available to talk to if you stop by at opening.

shadowcaster
08-06-2013, 12:06 AM
You paid approximately 33 cents per pound.. that's not a bad price for WW's these days.

Shad

Vinne
08-07-2013, 07:52 PM
That is a great trade. I bring cold drinks for all the guys and trade for WW. They make sure they are saved for me. My take is about 50# total (mixed) every 6 weeks or so. If I did pizza then it would not be worth the trade. I will gladly trade pizza for 50# of usable WWs.

shadygrady
08-07-2013, 08:40 PM
thats rite send that zinc to me for lead

clodhopper
08-09-2013, 12:38 PM
If you lived where people need snow tires, spring and fall would be very good times to have such a deal.

Defcon-One
08-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Any source of lead is a good source these days. The once a week interval is the only real concern... How many times have you done the deal? Is the take reasonably consistent?

Yeah, the shop guys are thinking, "Any source of PIZZA is a good source..."!

Once a month might be a better idea. In a week you may only get 20 pounds or less on average, depending on the size of the shop!