PDA

View Full Version : California ownership question?????

Willyp
08-04-2013, 08:03 PM
I sold a small Black Powder signal cannon,to a person in Ca. I have to ship it to them,from the east coast. Is this legal? Are they allowed to buy or have these,in California?
I don't want to get in trouble!
I have seen that there are things you can't ship there?

HighHook
08-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Black powder shooters are not considered firearms. There is a website on the California DOJ what is legal and not.

Whiterabbit
08-08-2013, 11:55 AM
I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that is not only legal, but can ship here directly to consumer, no FFL. Black powder firearms are not subject to DROS here. For the record, i KNOW this to be true for flinters and caplocks, and SOME inlines (but not switchbarrels). And I am just CONFIDENT it's true for BP cannons.

One day in the far future (the 10 year plan) I'd like to buy a golf ball cannon. Pretty sure there is no legal impediment.

The stuff that can't ship here is usually more along the lines of assembled high cap magazines (though not parts), semi-auto rifles that fit the CA definition of "assualt weapon", NFA, semi-auto pistols that aren't on the "approved list", and the like. In short, the DOJ looks predominantly for evil black stuff.

BLACK POWDER is a bizzare exception, but that's the actual powder, not the equipment. We can't re-sell black powder legally.

Cosmiceyes
08-08-2013, 12:11 PM
If it is listed as it says on the site your OK to own it here. There isn't a list about black powder as there is no law regulating them here. We are allowed to buy "ANTIQUE"weapons on-line,and have them shipped to our homes,and no FFL required. 1898 year an earlier.

Whiterabbit
08-08-2013, 12:24 PM
that includes replicas. Trade rifles and such, even if they were built yesterday. Flintlocks, caplocks, etc.

shooter93
08-08-2013, 05:49 PM
And the reason ofcourse is...we all know any weapon made prior to 1898 or any blackpowder gun or replica of one can't possibly harm another human being as they are not firearms.......friggin idiots.