PDA

View Full Version : KAL Tool & Die

Tatume
08-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Hi Folks,

I want to purchase a set of handles for a Lyman four-cavity mold. I wrote to KAL Tool & Die, but got no response. Are they still in business?

Take care, Tom

BK7saum
08-04-2013, 06:03 PM
I think that is Red River Rick here. You might drop him a pm.

HeavyMetal
08-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Bought a couple things from Rick, most recently a Lee style sprue plate for a couple Lyman molds i have.

His work is excellent to an unexpected degree I'll second dropping him a PM here at his red river rick addy

Cadillo
08-04-2013, 11:53 PM
Caution!

Do not send him any money until you make positive contact. He makes great handles and sprue plates, and I am very fond of the set that I have, but back in June I ordered and paid for another set. He acknowledged that he received payment, but I never received the product. Since that time, I have tried to contact him via PM's on this forum, via emails, and even sent him a letter of inquiry by snail mail.

To date I've received no product or further communication. He has simply fallen off the radar. I hope that he is alive, well, and prospering, but as people sometimes fall victim to ill health, death, or just plain go out of business, the possibilities are endless. Interestingly, he lists no telephone number at his website. If someone here knows of a number where he can be reached, that could possibly shed some light on his situation.

Nothing would please me more than to learn, and subsequently report here that he is alive, well, and doing business, but until then, things look rather bleak.

Cadillo
08-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Caution!

Do not send him any money until you make positive contact. He makes great handles and sprue plates, and I am very fond of the set that I have, but back in June I ordered and paid for another set. He acknowledged that he received payment, but I never received the product. Since that time, I have tried to contact him via PM's on this forum, via emails, and even sent him a letter of inquiry by snail mail.

To date I've received no product or further communication. He has simply fallen off the radar. I hope that he is alive, well, and prospering, but as people sometimes fall victim to ill health, death, or just plain go out of business, the possibilities are endless. Interestingly, he lists no telephone number at his website. If someone here knows of a number where he can be reached, that could possibly shed some light on his situation.

Nothing would please me more than to learn, and subsequently report here that he is alive, well, and doing business, but until then, things look rather bleak.

UPDATE:

This evening I received an email from Rick. He is now back in action and my order has been shipped. I'm not sure what problem(s) he has been dealing with these past weeks, but he seems to have overcome the adversity to the point that he is back at work.

Just to be clear, I consider Rick's handles and sprue plates to be of superior quality to any of the others I've tried, which include all the major brands, and even the nice stuff from Slovenia. Also, I've never doubted his honesty, and always believed that he had just hit a bad bump in the road, which appears to have been the case here.

If anyone is interested in any of his fine products, he is again answering email.

Glad to have you back Rick!

Bent Ramrod
08-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Rick's a good guy. But in my experience, if you figure the Canadian Postal Service will be on strike about 1/3rd of the time, and adjust your expectations for letters and parcels accordingly, you will be about right.

SWANEEDB
08-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Rick's a good guy. But in my experience, if you figure the Canadian Postal Service will be on strike about 1/3rd of the time, and adjust your expectations for letters and parcels accordingly, you will be about right.

Sounds right, bought from KAL awhile back, took about a month to get them so be patcient.

GLL
08-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Rick makes the VERY best mold handles available ! Period !
I have ten sets ! :)

Jerry

Cadillo
08-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Rick makes the VERY best mold handles available ! Period !
I have ten sets ! :)

Jerry

I couldn't agree more!

His sprue plates and cam levers are of tremendous quality as well.

Don Purcell
08-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Want to buy one of his paper patch flat nose molds for my 45-110 and will try out his handles also.

rollmyown
08-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Rick makes fantastic quality kit, but is slow and not great at responding to emails. That said his moulds and handles are well worth the wait and I'd gladly buy from him again.