PDA

View Full Version : our young one's

kbstenberg
08-02-2013, 09:07 AM
Its hard to imagine the thoughts that our adolescents are going through.
A 13 year old neighbor/friend of my granddaughter went down in her home (not my granddaughters) with another younger female friend and both of them shot them selfs. Apparently the mother of the 13 year old's has had many live-in male friends/ boyfriends. Over the years.
And people say the system isn't broke! Kevin

gray wolf
08-02-2013, 10:19 AM
No words for this.
Just prayers for the family.

Sam

LUBEDUDE
08-02-2013, 11:11 AM
I really feel for family. When you are a father, and one with daughters, and having had to battle to keep suicide out of their lives; this hits hard.

So young

Hickory
08-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Kids need a stable home and family, with guidance to where they KNOW right from wrong.
Without the guiding influence of any sort of morals base or moral values the direction they take is always up for grabs.

I would guess these two had nothing to look forward to, or any hope for their future.
Sad that adults are so selfish that they care little or nothing for their children, sad indeed.

s mac
08-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Heartbreaking, I'm sure the mother is not blameless, but where is dad? To many worthless males in our society.

frkelly74
08-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Hillary coined the slogan (or her writers did) " It takes a village" and it has always rankled me to hear it or see it displayed. What it really takes is a Family that has faith in God and tries to follow Gods Law, (the ten commandments, all of them) out of love and gratitude for what He has done for us. Everything else will fail.

sundog
08-02-2013, 12:03 PM
It takes a village.

That's the core of the evil progressive movement - to get everyone to relinquish their right to independence and self reliance, along with replacing an established ethos with..., well, with what..., reliance on those in power who make the rules, and that would be the evil 'progressives'. Let's just call it what it is, evil. Result? Break down of the family. Self reliance and family was the basis of what made this nation great. When it is replace with despair (called 'hope' by progressives) bad things happen.

This is a sad event indeed.

sundog
08-02-2013, 12:10 PM
Heartbreaking, I'm sure the mother is not blameless, but where is dad? To many worthless males in our society.

Not entirely correct. There are a lot of women who have figured out how to use the system. Have a baby, no income, and voila. Housing, infant care, welfare check, food stamps, cell phone, medical. And don't think that is not happening.

Why put up with a dead beat when all you to do is have a few kids and don't have to rely on an individual - just rely on the 'village'. Quite easy, no responsiblity, and everything tht happens is some else's fault.

felix
08-02-2013, 04:11 PM
Yeah, Corky, right on! Village up front, then through the progression to the eventual earthly slave owner, and then finally to Satan laughing all the way to HIS bank. ... felix

Boyscout
08-02-2013, 04:57 PM
Choose your village:
1)San Francisco
2)New York City
3)Detroit
4)Chicago

Model Democrat villages to help you raise your family in.

Hickory
08-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Yeah, Corky, right on! Village up front, then through the progression to the eventual earthly slave owner, and then finally to Satan laughing all the way to HIS bank. ... felix

How's that saying go; "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

starnbar
08-02-2013, 05:36 PM
That is too bad about those kids life should not end so young.

frkelly74
08-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Wow , quotes from hillary and Shakespeare in the same thread.

Bad Water Bill
08-02-2013, 09:43 PM
When I was a kid MOM AND DAD were there to box your ears if you goofed. BUT so were all of the neighbors.

Step out of line a block or 3 away and you were still fair game for a parent.

Yes telephones were faster than you even then.

Not only did you get whooped AGAIN for what ever it was but you got an EXTRA whoopin for embarrassing your folks.

Not one parent EVER thought of calling the cops because "you hit my baby" just a courteous "thank you for letting me know about it"

How times have changed

leeggen
08-02-2013, 10:33 PM
Folks I don't know maybe they took the easyway out but in these times I hate to think but maybe they seen what the future is bringing from all the talk of evil around us and incharge of us. Atleast they won't have to suffer as we will.
Sorry just hard to find good, anymore, all of us here seem to have each other to lean on. They didn't have anyone it looks like. God be with them!
Off subject but Badwater Bill how'd your community come out with the BS law that was passed?

CD

RKJ
08-02-2013, 11:13 PM
When I was a kid MOM AND DAD were there to box your ears if you goofed. BUT so were all of the neighbors.

Step out of line a block or 3 away and you were still fair game for a parent.

Yes telephones were faster than you even then.

Not only did you get whooped AGAIN for what ever it was but you got an EXTRA whoopin for embarrassing your folks.

Not one parent EVER thought of calling the cops because "you hit my baby" just a courteous "thank you for letting me know about it"

How times have changed

Bill, I was thinking the same thing. That's the kind of "Village" I think of when I hear that. I can't stand any of the Clintons, but I do believe that idea.

aspangler
08-02-2013, 11:46 PM
Hillary coined the slogan (or her writers did) " It takes a village" and it has always rankled me to hear it or see it displayed. What it really takes is a Family that has faith in God and tries to follow Gods Law, (the ten commandments, all of them) out of love and gratitude for what He has done for us. Everything else will fail.

Amen to that.

Bad Water Bill
08-03-2013, 12:04 AM
Thinking WAY back The town was always referred to as "THE VILLAGE" even tho it was technically part of Chit Kaga.

When we had our 25th anniversary in the 50s our fire truck still had a crank sticking thru the radiator(yes a model A firetruck).

Yes we NOW have a CCW law on the books but that is all.

The politicians are doing their best to keep it from being implemented, and the price to qualify has now reached OVER $500.00 with all of the training and misc fees. That does NOT include the price of the ammo you will have to fire in the scored timed shooting. 5 shots in 10 seconds etc and get a passing grade.

As of yet the State police are STILL figuring out just who will be allowed to be an instructor,what if any previous training counts as part of your 16 hours of training,etc.

They have had since last December to review the other 49 states rules and regs and figure out just who qualifies to apply for a license and just where you will be "PERMITTED" to carry.

At the earliest, the RICH folks MIGHT get their PERMITS around April of next year. The rest of us have been priced out of the field.

NO, Illinois will NOT recognize ANY other states CCW permit.

If you live in another state the total price goes up ANOTHER $150.00 for your course and "PERMIT" You will be REQUIRED to take the same course as a resident but have to fork over another bribe to carry here.

Of course ALL CRIMINALS ARE EXEMPT.

41 mag fan
08-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Its hard to imagine the thoughts that our adolescents are going through.
A 13 year old neighbor/friend of my granddaughter went down in her home (not my granddaughters) with another younger female friend and both of them shot them selfs. Apparently the mother of the 13 year old's has had many live-in male friends/ boyfriends. Over the years.
And people say the system isn't broke! Kevin

Kevin this happen up in Hack?
If so was it 2 Ojibwa kids?

On an off note....will be up there the 22nd thru the 26. Been almost 2 yrs now and I'm chomping at the bit to get back up there!