PDA

View Full Version : Taurus Total Titanium

jim4065
10-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Are these any good? I've got a Taurus 22 Magnum blued revolver, which seems OK (only fired it a dozen times), but I'm thinking of a CC permit and I remember the SP101 was a real drag lugging it around all day. Deep inside - I don't trust automatics - not even a Glock.

The Smith AirLites look good, but they're kind of pricey. Heard that lead and titanium don't go together, but haven't heard why?

kellyj00
10-11-2007, 03:49 PM
actually, the bore is steel... on any titanium firearm.
I've never fired the taurus, but I've fired the airweight... and they have KICK. I picked up the taurus at a gun show and they seem lighter than the smith... by a good amount.

Pick one up you'll be amazed. I made the mistake of saying, "oh this must be an aluminum display model or something so they can bring it to the shows" "no, sir, that's a full functioning firearm made of titanium!"

You should get one, then let me know what you think. I'm dying to know.

BBA
10-11-2007, 09:42 PM
I have one in 45 colt. It is a handful, very harsh recoil. It'll leave a mark on your middle finger. The only problems that I've had is with reloads without enough crimp or shooting with dirty powder, the carbon build up tend to cause some binding of the cylinder. The Taurus ribber grips do absorb alot of the recoil.

Johnch
10-11-2007, 10:34 PM
I had one
Worked perfictly
It was as accurate as I could hold it ( NOTE , see below[smilie=b: )
A joy to carry

BUT with anything but wimp loads , it hurt to shoot
I could fire 2 maybe 3 cylinders of self defense loads before I had to stop and let the feeling return in my hand
I could fire maybe a box a day of moderate loads that I normaly plink with

Could not get even decent with my off hand :groner:

So I sold it

I like to shoot my carry gun
Not hurt my hands

I just tryed the Smith with the lazer gripps that is even lighter , for some reason I could shoot it better

John

twotrees
10-11-2007, 10:57 PM
I have one in 45 colt, the only concession I have made is to down load it 1 gr of Unique. My Wife hates it, but I like it. It feels like a hot 357 to me, but what do I know? 10 gr of Unique and a 240gr Booli makes for great wild hog protection. It carrys so light that you forget your carring it. I got it 2nd hand because the first owner thought the recoil was brutial.

Go for it and yes it does have a steel liner in the barrel.

Good Shooting,

TwoTrees