PDA

View Full Version : Ruger came back

Tatume
07-31-2013, 04:02 PM
The SBH is going back to Ruger today. I know I'll lose the custom work, but the gun is no good to me as it is. If anyone is interested, I'll report test results after Ruger works on it.

Hi Folks,

I decided to move this from the "Alpha Precision" title to a new thread. Ruger really outdid themselves! The packing slip says: "new barrel, cylinder, basepin, latch assy, cylinder latch, all screws, polished." The gun is beautiful! Further, the rotational play in the cylinder is slight, tighter than any Ruger I've ever examined, and I've handled and owned a lot of them. There is ZERO detectable end shake! The barrel/cylinder gap is so slight that it is very difficult to see at all! The end shake and b/c gap are as tight as my Freedom Arms revolvers. I'm really looking forward to shooting the gun.

Ruger is a great company.

Take care, Tom

Shooter
07-31-2013, 06:30 PM
Great! Glad they lived up to their reputation.

Airman Basic
07-31-2013, 07:40 PM
Glad to read this, also. I just sent my SBH back to Ruger today for exactly the same reasons you did. I even sent it to Clark Custom with the same disappointing results as you. Hoping for success as I've spent too much money on this one already. I'm interested in your results, and I'll post my results as well .

Piedmont
07-31-2013, 10:53 PM
Well I didn't read the other thread and you didn't link it, so what was wrong with the gun to begin with? Did Alpha Precision mess something up?

Airman Basic
08-01-2013, 04:42 AM
Well I didn't read the other thread and you didn't link it, so what was wrong with the gun to begin with? Did Alpha Precision mess something up?

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?p=2300008#post2300008

Tatume
08-01-2013, 06:58 AM
Jim Stroh at Alpha Precision did exactly what I asked him to do. No complaints.

Airman Basic
08-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Clark Custom also did what I asked. No complaint with their work, just wish it had fixed the problem.

44man
08-01-2013, 11:29 AM
How many times have I said throwing money at a gun is a waste? You make a gun "pretty" while a Ruger will shoot and if you have a problem, they will fix it. No gun company ever has been as good as ruger to the customer. Others are also great and it is always the factory that will help you first.

Airman Basic
08-01-2013, 11:40 AM
As they say, a bought lesson is the best kind. I've got it now.

Changeling
08-02-2013, 08:11 PM
So, does it shoot now or have you had time to check it out?

Tatume
08-03-2013, 07:14 AM
So, does it shoot now or have you had time to check it out?

I have not had time yet, as I have several other projects in the works that demand my attention. It's an abundance of riches and I am very fortunate to have an agenda of interesting shooting ahead of me.

Take care, Tom

HighHook
08-03-2013, 07:32 AM
Pretty much a given its going to be a shooter now.