PDA

View Full Version : My pet peeves - you can add your own.

dverna
07-31-2013, 03:20 PM
"Shoots good" - What the heck does that mean?

"Very accurate" - when the writer does not give number of shots in the group, number of groups, yardage or approximate velocity.

"Works for me" - Some guys have very low standards - do not ask who I know this.

"For the money" - Taken to mean the item being discussed kinda works but not that great or even sub-standard.

Love Life
07-31-2013, 03:23 PM
"I load XX amount of bullseye over a XX gr boolit for my favorite load."

I hate reading that. It just does not make sense. You load the boolit over the powder so why would you say otherwise? [smilie=b:

dbosman
07-31-2013, 03:44 PM
Companies that tell me what I need to do, to rectify their mistake.

ACrowe25
07-31-2013, 03:48 PM
People who want to learn but don't want to put in the effort.

Or people who argue based on opinion. Had a family member tell me last weekend that there is zero chance I can reload ammunition better than factory.

Lastly people who call loaded "rounds" --- "bullets". Confuses the heck out'a me.

Tatume
07-31-2013, 04:09 PM
How do you cast a "head" and what is it?

dbosman
07-31-2013, 04:11 PM

There's got to be a way. Too many block heads for there not to be.

ku4hx
07-31-2013, 04:20 PM
People who demand quick solutions to their problems, often one after another, and have no interest in learning the process of problem solving and self sufficiency.

Hickory
07-31-2013, 04:22 PM
Not only bullet heads, but bullet tips and bullet points.
WHAT THE HECK ARE THESE THINGS?

Iron Mike Golf
07-31-2013, 04:28 PM
Not only bullet heads, but bullet tips and bullet points.
WHAT THE HECK ARE THESE THINGS?

Corbin does sell bullet tips, but that's not what those guys mean.

Hickory
07-31-2013, 04:32 PM
Corbin does sell bullet tips, but that's not what those guys mean.

They should say what they mean.
It shows a spark of intelligence.

gray wolf
07-31-2013, 04:36 PM
Good enough--good enough for what ??.
This is what my friends Co-workers dads son uses.
WOW !! that last shot was really loud
Can my cylinder get smaller ? had to really push those last three in.

EMC45
07-31-2013, 04:42 PM
What's a Remmy, Leupy, or a shotty?

Hickory
07-31-2013, 04:46 PM

Don't forget winny

gkainz
07-31-2013, 04:48 PM
"hot water heater" ... if it's already hot, why do I need a heater?

Hickory
07-31-2013, 04:54 PM
Something else that ticks me off.
You get a person who puts together a sentence like this;

I went to a friends house he had this great HG71RSG that replaced the old PPRDF.

mold maker
07-31-2013, 05:06 PM
People that have peeves for pets. What do ya feed a pet peeve?

rexherring
07-31-2013, 05:44 PM
People who don't know how to use a turn signal.

jcameron996
07-31-2013, 06:23 PM
I am really surprised that this one hasn't already been mentioned. People who refer to magazines as clips. Drives me nuts. My standard reply is, "Clips are for your hair Alice!"

Cadillo
07-31-2013, 06:30 PM
People who can post, but can neither spell nor use a dictionary.

People who use words from their own self contrived languages, or use abbreviations known only to themselves or other members of some secret society.

Love Life
07-31-2013, 06:33 PM
Smokers who never buy smokes.

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-31-2013, 06:43 PM
Disclaimer...this isn't a cast boolit pet peeve.

I've posted about NPR before...and here is another one.

Today, there was a discussion about the homeless and how the Government can help them. They went on about how hard it is for the government to count them, to know how many there are. First they said, the homeless don't live where we are counting them. Second, many of them don't like to be counted. Later in the discussion, they were listing places where the homeless spend the night, one place mentioned was "The Apple Store".

OK, My Pet Peeve...They don't have anything better to discuss ? The whole discussion was so stupid, that it was funny. While it was quite entertaining to me listening to these elitist liberals trying to figure out how to help people that for the most part don't want help, but they are dead serious and want to spend tax dollars on stupid follies like such. JUST LEAVE 'EM ALONE !!!

Silverboolit
07-31-2013, 06:50 PM
Federal, state and local governments that are going to spend 'XX' million dollars to 'study ' something. Like the poor folks in one area. Just give the poor the money,, problem solved!

Sensai
07-31-2013, 06:57 PM
People getting tax "refunds" that dwarf any taxes that they paid, if they paid any at all.

smokeywolf
07-31-2013, 07:23 PM
If this is strictly shooting/reloading peeves; people who say Bullseye and Unique shoot too dirty because they are just too bloody lazy to clean their gun.

If we can share other peeves; the fed gov't. cutting back on veteran's benefits while giving away billions in foreign aid.

smokeywolf

digger44
07-31-2013, 07:25 PM
People speaking in 3rd person. Instead of how are you ? its
How is Bob this morning? Gee, I don't know. Next time I see him I'll ASK him..... MORON.

When someone asks you to join him/her.
Hey I'm going to town. Do you wanna go with ????
WITH WHO ???? Finish the damned sentence.

fcvan
07-31-2013, 07:28 PM
The 'affordable health care act' that did nothing to stop hospitals from charging 8 bucks for 2 q-tips or a couple aspirin. Charge me what it costs me to treat me and stop charging me to pay for care provided to someone else. Insist people pay their own bill and hold them accountable for expenses they incurred.

Take school lunches out of the education bill. Education dollars should go to the classroom not the cafeteria. If folks qualify for school lunches they are likely already getting food stamps. I know, a well nourished kid learns and retains knowledge better. A poorly nourished kid is THE PARENT'S fault. Start holding them accountable and stop billing me for kids I don't feed.

The public assistance programs that encourage generational dependence. Stop handing folks money if they are unemployed. Have them show up at the unemployment department at 8am. From 8 to 10am have them filling out applications and making phone calls. From 10am to 4pm have them picking up trash or some other public service. At the end of the day hand them the box of corn flakes and powdered milk for breakfast, the peanut butter jelly and bread for lunch, and the beans and rice for dinner, but not cash. Have them bring in the power bill and the rent bill but don't hand them cash. Most importantly let them know EVERY DIME provided in assistance is on a running tab. As soon as they are back on their feet they can START PAYING IT BACK so there will be resources for the next person who needs help.

Watch the rats leave the sinking ship when they realize they are getting a hand up not a hand out. The sooner folks realize they are responsible for themselves, and the mouths they bring into the world, the sooner we will have more people who are self sufficient and less people who feel entitled.

9w1911
07-31-2013, 07:38 PM
related: calling ammo bullets it too confuses the heck out of me
non-related: people who do not know how to use a round a bout

Leadmelter
07-31-2013, 08:01 PM
9w1911
I actually know a woman who had a panic attack the first time she encountered one. So shaken, the next time she had to go that way, she drove five miles out her way to avoid it.

Guns: Everybody is an expert. One guy saw me shooting my Automag and called it a Widley. Won't those lead bullets mess up your barrel? When I shoot my TC Contender, the question "Is that a Contender?".
Leadmelter
MI

bikerbeans
07-31-2013, 08:08 PM
Firearms for sale that are described as "Minty".

People they say they want to come over for the afternoon so I can show them how to handload.

BB

Hickory
07-31-2013, 08:30 PM
Because I live in California where driving is a significant challenge from time to time...and because I'm nearing 76 years on this rock I have some specific driving "habits" I've formed over the years and find that people (especially tourists) are unwilling to allow me the respect to follow my instincts. I always drive in the fast lane at 60 miles per hour...That's really fast for me. I always have on at least one blinker and frequently 2 in order to let folks know I'm there and may consider turning at some period..I call it "pre notice". I frequently drive in the middle of the street on city streets straddling the line dividing the lanes. This keeps people that have had something to drink in their place and not a danger to others. When I pull up to a stop light I make smooth and "gliding stops" which require me to back up a bit..This is safe driving and does not require anyone to blow the horn as I've not run the light..I've just practiced safe stopping. I seldom use the rear or side view mirrors as the objects in those appear larger than they really are and that scares the hell out of me. If I decide to turn I expect those following me to simply slow and allow me to complete my turns. Motorcycles are dangerous and loud and I frequently find that as I'm turning left a motorcycle will appear out of no where and scare me...this is not fair...the motorcycle is agile and needs to make room for us older folks in our 76 Buick Regal ....white with 4 doors. Finally I have poor eyesight and when you drive by me at breakneck speed and make some form of gesture at me with your fingers and hands I want to be friendly but seldom return that signal as Ive learned to drive with both hands on the wheel. I learned about safe driving at the DMV traffic school where I was enroled after a minor mishap with a curb, a fender on my Buick, a child in a stroller and a palm tree. No damage done but the school was wonderful. I met lots of taxi drivers attending the classes that spoke a strange language and were not much impressed with me.

That's my list of things that irritate me. Other things do, I'm sure but I forgot what they are right now.

Your last sentence should have been the first sentence.

btroj
07-31-2013, 08:31 PM
You guys just don't get it.

If you were to get schooled on these things you would understand......

Jim..47
07-31-2013, 08:36 PM
Because I live in California where driving is a significant challenge from time to time...and because I'm nearing 76 years on this rock I have some specific driving "habits" I've formed over the years and find that people (especially tourists) are unwilling to allow me the respect to follow my instincts. I always drive in the fast lane at 60 miles per hour...That's really fast for me. I always have on at least one blinker and frequently 2 in order to let folks know I'm there and may consider turning at some period..I call it "pre notice". I frequently drive in the middle of the street on city streets straddling the line dividing the lanes. This keeps people that have had something to drink in their place and not a danger to others. When I pull up to a stop light I make smooth and "gliding stops" which require me to back up a bit..This is safe driving and does not require anyone to blow the horn as I've not run the light..I've just practiced safe stopping. I seldom use the rear or side view mirrors as the objects in those appear larger than they really are and that scares the hell out of me. If I decide to turn I expect those following me to simply slow and allow me to complete my turns. Motorcycles are dangerous and loud and I frequently find that as I'm turning left a motorcycle will appear out of no where and scare me...this is not fair...the motorcycle is agile and needs to make room for us older folks in our 76 Buick Regal ....white with 4 doors. Finally I have poor eyesight and when you drive by me at breakneck speed and make some form of gesture at me with your fingers and hands I want to be friendly but seldom return that signal as Ive learned to drive with both hands on the wheel. I learned about safe driving at the DMV traffic school where I was enroled after a minor mishap with a curb, a fender on my Buick, a child in a stroller and a palm tree. No damage done but the school was wonderful. I met lots of taxi drivers attending the classes that spoke a strange language and were not much impressed with me.

That's my list of things that irritate me. Other things do, I'm sure but I forgot what they are right now.

You are an alright guy Opos! And you are entirely correct. I remember when I was a young whipper-snapper, how much I was always amazed how smart the Older Folks were, and they always treated us youngsters like we were real people. Unfortunately there are not many of them around today, but its sure nice to hear the Old Folks talk now. Brings back good memories.

My pet peeves are all much the same as has already been written, but one big one for me is: Just let me and others live the lives we want to and leave us alone- as long as we aren't hurting anyone else.

And yes, I do know how to use a "spell checker"! :bigsmyl2:[smilie=s:

hickfu
07-31-2013, 09:26 PM
"I load XX amount of bullseye over a XX gr boolit for my favorite load."

I hate reading that. It just does not make sense. You load the boolit over the powder so why would you say otherwise? [smilie=b:

I hear ya! I try to load my powder under the boolit, I feel it works better that way!! [smilie=l:
My pet peeve is the guy at the gun show always telling people that they need to buy his molly coated lead boolits because if they try to use just lead boolits they will lead their barrels..... I told him once that he was full of $#&t and that it you fit lead boolits to the throat they will not lead... Stupid me! if that gets out then everyone will want to buy up all the lead and I wont have any...

Doc

BBQJOE
07-31-2013, 09:28 PM
People who post links to stories with vague titles, and no info on the article in the OP.
I pass them up every time.
At least take the time to put the first farging paragraph of the story in the post with the link. [smilie=b: http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/barbecuejoe/smileys/explode2_zps3ac56443.gif

dbosman
07-31-2013, 09:36 PM
People who can post, but can neither spell nor use a dictionary.
People who use words from their own self contrived languages, or use abbreviations known only to themselves or other members of some secret society.

Prior to this post you were only 32 away from teh sectret handshook.

dbosman
07-31-2013, 09:43 PM

This summer Michigan State University had to remove a round a bout and replace it with a standard + crossing. Round a bouts don't meet the federal requirements for timed lights at cross walks. Meanwhile, in the same summer, the city of East Lansing, where MSU is located, and the city or Lansing, are installing round a bouts as they really speed up vehicle traffic.

mpmarty
07-31-2013, 09:52 PM
Mall ninjas and their undying worship of the 5.56 pea shooter and 9mm Glocks.

Dale in Louisiana
07-31-2013, 10:03 PM
People that have peeves for pets. What do ya feed a pet peeve?

my pet "Peeve" is the one on the left. Romeo is on the right.

These are precision instruments for turning dollars into catsh*t.

They eat Purina Cat Chow.

Dale in Louisiana

Heavy lead
07-31-2013, 10:06 PM
"Have a good one"
As someone stated above, finish a damn sentence, please.
I could type all night, but won't.

MrWolf
07-31-2013, 10:15 PM
Driving in the left lane and going slower than the person behind you with no one in front of you [smilie=b:

BBQJOE
07-31-2013, 10:27 PM
Driving in the left lane and going slower than the person behind you... [smilie=b:
Mr wolf, this is a physical impossibility.
The person behind you cannot travel faster than you in front of them. :kidding:

swheeler
07-31-2013, 10:37 PM
Tube, pipe, pill, loopy, remmy, winny, brownchester, P17 enfield, 1914 enfield, webby, browny, casted, spurplate, springer, kraig, heads- christ don't get me started! goofy-goofy-goofy

2ndAmendmentNut
07-31-2013, 11:05 PM
That "friend" that has no interest in reloading but is happy to try and buy reloads off of you at prices his great grand daddy used to pay for ammo.

dbosman
07-31-2013, 11:09 PM
Growing up, we had a wood lot. People were always asking for firewood.
No one ever showed up to cut and haul.

waksupi
07-31-2013, 11:27 PM

They put those stupid things up here on a new bypass. Not a good idea in snow country. LOTS of accidents in the winter. I delight in ignoring the lanes, and cutting corners. The younger set with 4WD's delight in driving directly over the top of them.

RobS
07-31-2013, 11:41 PM
Individuals on forums that troll around looking for arguments that don't add anything constructive to the original posters questions. There I said it...............even if I have done it from time to time to prove a point that thread drift is obvious however my posts as such are constructive to the original thread since it puts the thread back into perspective.

Texantothecore
07-31-2013, 11:57 PM

You and me both.

Also people who have never handled a gun who are world class experts on gun law:

"You shoot .50 calibre?"
"Yes, 50 cal blackpowder."
"But that is illegal!"
"No. It is legal. Quite legal. I have shot two of them for years."
"Oh My Gawd! I know it is illegal!"
"Ummkay....see ya."

roscottjr
08-01-2013, 12:06 AM
It ran great the last time we used it.

bigboredad
08-01-2013, 01:01 AM
"If it was good enough for Elmer it's good enough for me". I would agree but its been a couple of years since Elmer pulled a trigger and I'm pretty sure we have more than 3 powders and I also believe that he would never stopped bullet development so why should we and why do folks get so upset when we find use or design a bullet that works better for us

Baryngyl
08-01-2013, 03:46 AM
News/news paper stories that say "shot at point blank range" and make it sound like the shot was so close you could have hit them with a 2X4.

Michael Grace

Mk42gunner
08-01-2013, 05:44 AM
My two biggest gun related ones are:

1. Unsafe idiots on the range with a loaded weapon.
2. calling a magazine a clip. A clip has three sides and no bottom, a magazine has four sides and a bottom, usually spring loaded.

Non gun related:

Anyone pronouncing the number zero as the letter O. It really grates on me lately.

Robert

Jumbopanda
08-01-2013, 06:06 AM

That's why I'm a mall ninja who worships 300 Blackout and .357 SIG, both with cast boolits of course.

NoZombies
08-01-2013, 06:28 AM

Well, Obviously:

http://www.americandecoy.net/molds.htm

500MAG
08-01-2013, 06:30 AM
110%
Every athlete gives it. Too bad they didn't give 100% in math class.

NoZombies
08-01-2013, 06:32 AM
People who assume I'm a Mall Ninja due to my forum handle. I own more single shots than I do repeaters, and more black powder rifles than black rifles.

People who assume that their way is right, and anyone who has had a different experience is wrong.

Tatume
08-01-2013, 07:20 AM
As an educator it bothers me to hear people use the word "data" as if it were a singular noun. It particularly bothers me when I teach my students and they respond "Well, professor so-and-so says it the other way." A simple intuitive test is to substitute the word "numbers" to see if it sounds correct. For example:

The data is correct. It has been checked.
The numbers is correct. It has been checked.

as opposed to

The data are correct. They have been checked.
The numbers are correct. They have been checked.

I believe the misuse was introduced by the news media, and you know how accurate they are.

Take care, Tom

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-01-2013, 07:36 AM
News/news paper stories that say "shot at point blank range" and make it sound like the shot was so close you could have hit them with a 2X4.
Michael Grace

My fav,
the victim was shot in the middle of the 300 block...

alfloyd
08-01-2013, 11:12 AM
"Anyone pronouncing the number zero as the letter O. It really grates on me lately."

My wife says that all the time, and I tell her it is a letter not a number.
If you push "O" on your phone it will send the number 6.

Another one is the bicycle riders that want to share the road, but not the road taxes.

Lafaun

popper
08-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Buying a car is like getting a 5 hour proctologist visit for Christmas. All of the above are good also. Have a good one?

youngda9
08-01-2013, 12:24 PM
People who use words from their own self contrived languages, or use abbreviations known only to themselves or other members of some secret society.fo shizzle

Geppetto
08-01-2013, 12:36 PM
"tacticool" guns, 40S&W's, 300 Win Mags and the "tactical/military" training that the suburbanites think you need to go through to safely handle a gun and defend yourself. And people that assume anytime you say "50 caliber" you are referring to the 50 BMG....there are other 1/2" projectile cartridges out there you know....

Also...

Liberals
Tofu
"Self Help"
Subdivisions
"trendy" anything

oldpapps
08-01-2013, 12:53 PM
People who know what answer they want and ask others until they get a conformation of what they want to hear and then it is fact (to them).

People with no intent to lessen to anything much less reason, so anything anyone else says is always wrong and they will tell you about it, over and over.

Enjoy,

OSOK

Sensai
08-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Everything being "tactical", tactical guns, tactical ammunition, tactical flashlights, I guess there's tactical toilet paper! I've gotten to where I won't even look, much less buy, if it says tactical in the name or advertising. I was a combat warrior for 25 years or so and until I became a civilian the only time I heard the word tactical was to distinguish between tactical and stategic combat. Most people who (over)use the word don't even know what it means!

dondiego
08-01-2013, 12:56 PM
"tacticool" guns, 40S&W's, 300 Win Mags and the "tactical/military" training that the suburbanites think you need to go through to safely handle a gun and defend yourself. And people that assume anytime you say "50 caliber" you are referring to the 50 BMG....there are other 1/2" projectile cartridges out there you know....

Also...

Liberals
Tofu
"Self Help"
Subdivisions
"trendy" anything

You don't like Tofu?

Geppetto
08-01-2013, 01:19 PM
You don't like Tofu?

I can't say I do...By itself its pretty bland. If you load it with all sorts of seasoning is palatable, but I would rather have a piece of poultry or other animal based protein in its stead. I should add products that says "holistic" in the title to my list also.

repawn
08-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Banana clip

Just hate that term - it is a magazine unless you are actually speaking of some sort of banana holder.

bikerbeans
08-01-2013, 01:37 PM
The term "sweeten" when applied to tin addition to a casting alloy. I mean do they actual put their tongue in the pot of molten ally to know when it is sweet enough?

BB

sundog
08-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Yeth.

Doc_Stihl
08-01-2013, 03:11 PM
The guy at the range that tells me how to get my cast bullets shooting well. - He's never cast a boolit, but his uncle told him what not to do though, and I might be doing it.

The guy that shoots 3 rounds and then calls for a cold range. Walks down to 100 yards. Looks at his target, talks with his buddy for 3 minutes, walks all the way back to the firing line to get his stapler, walks all the way back to 100, staples up his target, walks back to 100, gets a hot range, shoots 3 rounds and then calls for a cold range again....

dilly
08-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Priming on a progressive press.

DHurtig
08-01-2013, 04:45 PM
My pet peeve was always people who buy a $1200 rifle and put a $40 scope on it. It doesn't matter how accurate the rifle is, you can't hit what you can't see.

For those who want to know what a Remmy is. This is Remmy because it takes to long to say Lord Remington. He is 106 pounds of "this is my home and you are not welcome here" !

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e69/c_latrans/Picture326.jpg (http://s37.photobucket.com/user/c_latrans/media/Picture326.jpg.html)

Tatume
08-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Here's one that has become very common, and some highly educated people who should know better say it. For example, I just heard a physicist say "The gravity on the moon is six times less than gravity on Earth." This is a meaningless statement. Of course, I have figured out that he means gravity on the moon is one sixth of Earth gravity. They are not the same. One is correct, the other is nonsense.

dilly
08-01-2013, 06:07 PM
My pet peeve was always people who buy a $1200 rifle and put a $40 scope on it. It doesn't matter how accurate the rifle is, you can't hit what you can't see.

For those who want to know what a Remmy is. This is Remmy because it takes to long to say Lord Remington. He is 106 pounds of "this is my home and you are not welcome here" !

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e69/c_latrans/Picture326.jpg (http://s37.photobucket.com/user/c_latrans/media/Picture326.jpg.html)

Makes it look like you live in a miniature house.

fredj338
08-01-2013, 07:08 PM
I love shooters that post a group size w/o distance? I mean there are 2" groups & there are 2" groups, 21ft or 50yds, kinda makes a diff.

fredj338
08-01-2013, 07:09 PM
Priming on a progressive press.

Only if it's a Lee. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Jumbopanda
08-01-2013, 07:35 PM
I love shooters that post a group size w/o distance? I mean there are 2" groups & there are 2" groups, 21ft or 50yds, kinda makes a diff.

+10000

Lack of details just bugs me in general. If you're going to post a range report, let people know as much useful information as you can.

Also, three shot groups don't mean anything. I've shot a half-MOA three-round cluster with an AK-74 before, but that's obviously just dumb luck. Shoot a five, or better yet, a ten round group if you want a meaningful display of accuracy.

alleyoop
08-01-2013, 08:03 PM
The difference between clips and magazines is the presence of a feed mechanism in a magazine, typically a spring-loaded follower, which a clip lacks. The clip for the U S M1 rifle has two sides and a bottom.

My two biggest gun related ones are:

1. Unsafe idiots on the range with a loaded weapon.
2. calling a magazine a clip. A clip has three sides and no bottom, a magazine has four sides and a bottom, usually spring loaded.

Non gun related:

Anyone pronouncing the number zero as the letter O. It really grates on me lately.

Robert

Texantothecore
08-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Mall ninjas who are convinced that each time you attach another tacticool tsochke to your black rifle it makes the rifle more powerful. Sorta like a video game.

silverpigeon
08-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Oh! Remmy is beautiful, I love his coloring.
Tatume; can i say that the gravity of Earth is 6 times more the gravity of the moon or does it not work either way?

felix
08-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Well, yes, but include the word "than". The gravity of the Earth is 6 times more than the gravity of the Earth's Moon. ... felix
.................................................. ....... The gravity of the Earth's Moon is 6 times less than the gravity of the Earth. ... felix

The 6 should be spelled out to be absolutely correct because it is less than 10. ... felix

Tatume
08-02-2013, 06:40 AM
Oh! Remmy is beautiful, I love his coloring.
Tatume; can i say that the gravity of Earth is 6 times more the gravity of the moon or does it not work either way?

Absolutely. "Times" means to multiply. The gravity of Earth is six times the gravity of the moon, and the gravity of the moon is one sixth times the gravity of Earth. But there is no such thing as "six times less."

Curlymaple42
08-02-2013, 07:05 AM
My biggest one is this: when you take pen, pencil, crayons, markers and scribble on a piece of paper it is what we call to DRAW a picture. The things that slide out to store things in the kitchen and bedroom and other rooms are called DRAWERS! Whether you have one DRAWER 15 DRAWERS, they are always DRAWERS! One drawer, two drawers, 400 drawers, never a draw!

dudel
08-02-2013, 08:08 AM
Poster that brags on one thread that they never clean their gun, then posts another thread wondering why they have problems.

People moaning about how their Glock has a minor scratch. It's a Glock for crying out loud. Hardly a collectable.

Oh, don't get me started.

Petrol & Powder
08-02-2013, 08:41 AM
"hot water heater" ... if it's already hot, why do I need a heater?

OK, that one made me laugh!

novalty
08-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Pink font...

country gent
08-02-2013, 09:19 AM
My pet peeve is unsafe handling and those who cant follow the ranges rules. Basic saftey is something all firearms owners should not only know nut follow religously. When they are being unsafe its putting me at risk also, usually me and others more so than themselves. Its just not at the range either, I cant count the number of firearms pointed at me in gunshops. Be aware of what your doing and whats around you, check the firearm to ensure its clear, and be safe. The finger only goes on the trigger when your ready to fire not when you pick up the firearm.

junkpile
08-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Any form of self-proclaimed expert. There are a lot of them on shooting websites and at the range, and any time there is something wrong with my truck. If you're such an expert why is it that you're always wrong, and I need to go through a systematic problem solving and testing process just like I planned on from the beginning?

I currently work with a guy like this (quality control). Doesn't have a clue, so I have to walk out and do his job, and then claims the work for his own, after doing about 4 hours of "research" to determine what needs to be done. What a waste of space.

I also really hate all these shortcut acronyms used all over the internet.

felix
08-02-2013, 11:10 AM
But there is no such thing as "six times less."

Now, that is English perfection! ... felix

montana_charlie
08-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Pink font...
Yeah, that change to pink caught me by surprise, too.
Along with looking out of place on the overall page, it's impossible to read.
It reminds me that one of my pet peeves is when people 'change things' for no discernable reason.

An (accomplished) artist knows when to stop adding detail to his painting.
A (competent) engineer knows when to stop adding more I-beams to the railroad bridge.
Why can't people who manage forums resist the urge to 'tinker'?

CM

novalty
08-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Yeah, that change to pink caught me by surprise, too.
Along with looking out of place on the overall page, it's impossible to read.
It reminds me that one of my pet peeves is when people 'change things' for no discernable reason.

An (accomplished) artist knows when to stop adding detail to his painting.
A (competent) engineer knows when to stop adding more I-beams to the railroad bridge.
Why can't people who manage forums resist the urge to 'tinker'?

CM

Well could be worse. Yellow is harder on the eyes than pink.

Geppetto
08-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Well could be worse. Yellow is harder on the eyes than pink.

Whenever I run across yellow, pink or other colored text, I typically just select it with the cursor, which highlights it with a nice contrasting color. Still a definite peeve though.

Jeff H
08-02-2013, 05:04 PM

I usually read through an entire thread at least once before commenting but when I got to this one, I couldn't wait that long to agree. Drives me up the wall that EVERYTHING has to have a diminutive nick name, like it shows you're really in the know if you're that familiar with something that you can call it a cutsie name. "Heads" and "tips" for bullet/projectiles are right up there too. If you want to sound like you know something the LEARN something. Use proper, or at least commonly accepted terminology so you can communicate.

Maybe there are things I do that people hate too but I do make it a point to try to learn and I try my best not to annoy or confuse people except in fun.

My biggest pet peeve - when someone falls asleep on the question mark key at the end of a question, or worse - a statement????? What the hell does that mean????

Newtire
08-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Good enough--good enough for what ??.
This is what my friends Co-workers dads son uses.
WOW !! that last shot was really loud
Can my cylinder get smaller ? had to really push those last three in.

Good enough for the girls we go out with...kinda has a ring to it but not real respectful. Still, ya gotta have fun once in awhile.

Newtire
08-02-2013, 07:06 PM
I try not to be too picky about calling people on every little thing. I wouldn't want to sound like my ex-wife. We need to get more shooters into our sport in order to have a future as shooters. It's a good feeling to know that a kid who never shot a clay pigeon in their life bought a Remington 870 on the way home with his cellphone on Gunbroker. Last I heard, this same kid bought a MEC hydraulic/electric shotgun shell loader. When you can be the one who wins them over to either being a shooter or not, being a little understanding about someone calling a magazine a clip might make a difference. I know, I've done it quite a few times now. My kids friends are mostly all shooters now-at least the ones who went shooting with us.

I cringe everytime I hear the newscasters call a round a "bullet" but bite my tongue.

Jeff H
08-02-2013, 07:35 PM
I try not to be too picky about calling people on every little thing......

I can't disagree with that but it does feel good to just go ahead and say it out loud once.

Changeling
08-03-2013, 02:28 PM
I only have one, but it is enormous! Those idiots that run up on one and ride there bumper within 5 feet, then go berserk because "I" slow down, I've even had them pass me in "School Zones"!
What does one get when he mix's an idiot with an *******, it's a bumper rider!!!

eka
08-03-2013, 03:03 PM
It seems to be more and more prevalent to say "moun-uns" instead of mountains. Or "vo-un" instead of voting. Not a speech impediment, just leaving off the "t". Don't get me wrong, I truly enjoy and appreciate accents and the way language varies throughout different geographical regions, but that drives me crazy. There is a weather reporter on the local television station that reports about the weather conditions across the moun-uns. Nails on the chalk board for some reason.

1Shirt
08-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Stupid people and liberals (often the same). You can educate the unknowing, but there is no cure for stupidity
1Shirt!

smokeywolf
08-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Since we've gravitated away from firearms and reloading peeves, I have three more:

Oil companies and fuel retailers charging a denomination of money that does not exist for their product. I just paid $3.99-9/10 per gal. of fuel the other day at Costco. I overheard someone say, "Oh! $3.99 per gal.". Only a moron would round it down 9/10 as opposed to rounding it up 1/10.

Juice companies putting 59 fluid oz. of juice in a carton that used to contain a half gallon. Did they think we wouldn't notice?

Why do all prices still end in 95 or 99 cents? That will be $9,999.99 please. Yes, I know it's psychological. But, the only thing it does to my psyche is pi$$ it off. The original reason for prices set at $.05 under an even dollar was to leave the customer with a nickel in their pocket so they could make a phone call if needed. It was originally meant to be a courtesy. Not a means for fooling you into thinking your paying $1.00 less than you actually are.

smokeywolf

blackthorn
08-03-2013, 05:40 PM
YES you can cure stupidity BUT the cure is terminal!!