PDA

View Full Version : Co-worker needs prayer

Gibbs44
07-30-2013, 07:52 PM
I come to you today to ask for prayer for one of my co-workers. He started feeling ill yesterday morning around 9:30am, worked through it. Left the work site at around 12:00 or so and started feeling sicker, switched driving responsibilities with his partner. Took a nice 2.5 - 3 hour trip. His coworker noticed him getting out of the work van and pretty much said that they were going to the hospital. Finally gets to the hospital a little before 4:00pm. Turns out he'd had a stroke. His speech is slurred and he cannot walk much at the moment. I'm pretty sure he's not going to succumb to this, but I sure don't think, at the moment, he'll return to work, at least not in the same capacity he was in. He'd just been dealing with the possibility of his mom having a stroke the week before. He's added to my list, please add him to yours as well.

On the same note, folks, please don't be pigheaded about going to the doctor. If he'd gone to the hospital sooner he'd be a lot better off. From 9:30am to 4:00pm is a long time. Learn the symptoms and learn to recognize them and don't be afraid to go to the hospital for it. A false alarm is a lot easier to deal with than a missed alarm.

God bless,

Sully

Charlie Two Tracks
07-30-2013, 08:00 PM
You are correct Sully. My brother waited a few hours when he had a stroke and he ended up in pretty bad shape. A year later he died. Prayers are said for your co-worker.

Bzcraig
07-30-2013, 08:21 PM
Sage advise and have prayed for him and his family.

missionary5155
07-31-2013, 02:49 AM
Good morning
I will also pray for him. God will use this .
Mike in Peru

DLCTEX
08-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Prayers sent.