PDA

View Full Version : Titan Reloading (a Sponsor of this Forum) good to do business with.

Safeshot
07-29-2013, 06:08 PM
I ordered some equipment from them. They had what I needed, at a good price. Shipment was prompt and delivery was secure. They seem to have more equipment in stock than some of the other reloading equipment retailers. (And they are sponsors of this forum.)

digger44
07-29-2013, 06:13 PM
+1 I have had good service from Titan

Old 454
07-29-2013, 06:46 PM
I also have had good service from them until recently.

on July 6th I ordered 2 shell plates from them and have not heard from them or gotten an email. On there web site it states do not call or e-mail about back orders.

but I think I am going to call any way

DougGuy
07-29-2013, 07:01 PM
I've used Titan with no probs and would recommend them. However.. For things like die sets and powder measure and press parts and other small stuff, Lee themselves is the cheapest shipping, they will ship first class where Titan is more than double what Lee shipping is.

jmort
07-29-2013, 07:07 PM
"...but I think I am going to call any way"

Why. First post on this site and you bang-on a site sponsor? They will respond to emails and you can log in and check on your order. They are a great Vendor/Sponsor. I order from them and wait. At times it may take a couple months, but that is on Lee Precision. I don't mind, eventually, the "box" shows up and I am happy.

waksupi
07-29-2013, 09:29 PM
I also have had good service from them until recently.

on July 6th I ordered 2 shell plates from them and have not heard from them or gotten an email. On there web site it states do not call or e-mail about back orders.

but I think I am going to call any way

Many businesses have always said expect 6-8 week delivery time. Don't know if it applies here. Works for Beanie Babies! (Got to keep my supply up, for the next time I have a table at a gun show.)

Gibbs44
07-29-2013, 09:38 PM
The one time I ordered from them, I think I ordered it on Monday and got it on Friday. Then again nothing I ordered was on backorder so... The prices for my order beat Midway and a couple others. Shipping seemed to be approximately the same. I'll order from them again.

jmort
07-29-2013, 09:50 PM
"Works for Beanie Babies!"

Just invested my entire retirement fund into Beanie Babies. I am hoping for the best.

Bzcraig
07-29-2013, 10:35 PM
"...but I think I am going to call any way"

Why. First post on this site and you bang-on a site sponsor? They will respond to emails and you can log in and check on your order. They are a great Vendor/Sponsor. I order from them and wait. At times it may take a couple months, but that is on Lee Precision. I don't mind, eventually, the "box" shows up and I am happy.

EXACTLY! It tells you exactly WHY not to call. If you are not willing to accept the BO then move on but don't criticize them. Also I went and compared all the items DougGuy mentioned and his info is inaccurate as well, Titan pricing is well below that of Lee that the savings for shipping is none, except for the smallest of items like shell holders. I have used Dennis at Titan for nearly two years and he is second to no one when it comes to customer service. Rant off

A pause for the COZ
07-29-2013, 10:42 PM
I use them all the time and I have never found their shipping to be unreasonable. Make sure you check the shipping options when you check out.
They usually have USPS first class option available.
I have never back ordered from them I just use the wish list feature and check in from time to time to see if its in stock.
I have never ever had any problems with them at all... Zero.
I dont always order LEE, but when I do I order Titan.

DougGuy
07-29-2013, 11:08 PM
Nobody said it was unreasonable, I said that for some things Lee is cheaper.

I needed just the return lever for the Lee auto disk powder measure, titan only had the whole kit for $4 and first class shipping was $6 I got the lever with shipping straight from Lee in 3 days for $6.42 so the lever cost me 42¢ over -just- the shipping from titan.

Also I went and compared all the items DougGuy mentioned and his info is inaccurate as well.

Lee swivel adapter 4.84 + 6.00 shipping = 10.84 from Titan
Lee swivel adapter 6.98 + 3.42 shipping = 10.40 from Lee

Inaccurate? Not by my math..

My LM press was cheaper from Titan by far, and I ordered a lot of stuff from them, ordered from both Titan and Lee this past week, but you gotta shop both to find the cheapest price.

MaryB
07-29-2013, 11:31 PM
Titan is my go to for most Lee stuff, I get 1-2 day shipping from them.

Chilmonty
07-30-2013, 11:31 AM
Have ordered some misc. stuff from them a couple times, very fast shipping and ease to deal with!

Benjlan
07-30-2013, 10:05 PM
I have had nothing but good experiences with Titan.

tankdriver
08-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Titan has been my go to for about 3 years, since I got my Loadmaster. Never had a problem with them, so far.

Bzcraig
08-02-2013, 12:24 AM
DougGuy Quote: "I needed just the return lever for the Lee auto disk powder measure, titan only had the whole kit for $4 and first class shipping was $6 I got the lever with shipping straight from Lee in 3 days for $6.42 so the lever cost me 42¢ over -just- the shipping from titan."

Apples to apples, instead of apples to oranges:
Titan: auto disk pull back kit parts 3.96 postage 6.45 total 10.41
Lee: lever 2.50, chain 2.00, spring 1.00, postage 3.92 total 9.42
Not the $6.00 your example would suggest

Lee swivel adapter 4.84 + 6.00 shipping = 10.84 from Titan
Lee swivel adapter 6.98 + 3.42 shipping = 10.40 from Lee

Inaccurate? Not by my math..

My LM press was cheaper from Titan by far, and I ordered a lot of stuff from them, ordered from both Titan and Lee this past week, but you gotta shop both to find the cheapest price.[/QUOTE]

From your first post:I've used Titan with no probs and would recommend them. However.. For things like die sets and powder measure and press parts and other small stuff, Lee themselves is the cheapest shipping, they will ship first class where Titan is more than double what Lee shipping is.

Die sets, powder measures.....not even close....Post these as examples.
We both agreed your statement accurate for small parts but that is what you used to make your point......I already agreed, bad example. Use the die sets or powder measures.

Titan is more than double what Lee shipping is. this is not completely accurate and does paint a less than accurate picture of the business practices of one of our sponsors and using your own examples as proof to the same in that the actual price differences, using your example is $.44. I don't mean to imply you attempted to deceive anyone with your post, but it certainly painted Titan as a sponsor of questionable ethics. When just the opposite is true, their business practices as well as customer service is second to none. I had one occasion to return a universal sizing/depriming die to Titan which I broke on a berdan primed 308 case. I called, Dennis gave me directions on what to do for the return to Lee. I followed his instructions, didn't have to return anything and had a replacement die from Lee by weeks end.

I always get a little fired up when criticism is leveled against anyone using less than 100% objective criteria, that is why politics and polls make my crazy.

Rant off

jmort
08-02-2013, 01:06 AM
I'm a Lee Precision Fan Boy and a Titan Reloading Fan Boy. Order most everything from Titan except certain small items. God Bless Richard Lee and Dennis Gorski.

leadman
08-02-2013, 02:28 AM
I have ordered several times for in stock items from Titan and was usually at my door in 3 days or less. I ordered on-line in the morning once and it was here the next afternoon! from Wis. to Phoenix Az. !
They do not take warranty returns though, have to send them to Lee. Not a big problem but then it does cost you shipping.

historicfirearms
08-02-2013, 08:59 AM
I've ordered lots of stuff from them and never had a problem. The owner is very knowledgable and helpful. I just ordered another press, mold, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff from them, 16.5 pounds total and UPS shipping was $18.05. I recently shipped a 17 pound box myself and it cost $35, so I think their shipping rates are pretty good.

1616s16
08-02-2013, 09:19 AM
just placed order last night. super people
good shooting
16s

farmerjim
08-02-2013, 09:29 AM
Placed an order Wednesday, Got it yesterday. They usually have the best price on an item, but not always.

Pat I.
08-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Ordered a 6 cavity mould from them on 4/26 and still waiting. I don't blame Titan at all but wish Lee would get their a$$ in gear.

alamogunr
08-02-2013, 11:41 AM
Based on the kudos for Titan, I decided to try them for some push thru sizers. Link at top of page doesn't work nor does a search. Web site down??

jmort
08-02-2013, 11:49 AM
"Ordered a 6 cavity mould from them on 4/26 and still waiting."

As you noted, that is on Lee Precision, demand is still crazy. My April orders, I made three, and asked to have them held to save $$$ on shipping until all items were available, just came in last week. No problem for me, I don't mind waiting and I saved and large order with many back-ordered items that were all shipped at once.

And yes it appears Titan's server is down right now.

DougGuy
08-02-2013, 11:56 AM
I always get a little fired up when criticism is leveled against anyone using less than 100% objective criteria, that is why politics and polls make my crazy.

Rant off

It wasn't even criticism. To say it was meant to make them look less than ethical is to put more in what I typed than was ever meant. I made a simple observation that was basically a heads up about not overlooking pricing at Lee directly.

Pretty borked up when you can't even make a comment without someone taking it out of context and getting their panties all in a wad.

W.R.Buchanan
08-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Doug: it pays to read and re-read your posts before you hit the submit button. The problem with the internet word is that it can not communicate "tone or inflection" very well. "Smilies" help but they are not the end all either.

I can communicate disgust with something pretty well and not offend many, however I still manage to piss off a significant number of people with some of my posts. I think the test of your efficacy is how many people sign on and agree with you on a certain topic versus how many think you're and *****.

You will always find people who disagree with you even if you say "the sky is up! or "the sun comes up in the east." Some people simply don't understand what you say. Unfortunately that is partially on you for not being more clear, and partially on them for not understanding the words you used or the context.

Rush says,,, "he refuses to be responsible for what YOU 'think' he said." So do I!

This is the problem with posting on the internet, however the good thing is that the more you do it the better you get at getting your point across so that the vast majority of people not only understand what you said, but also agree with you on the point.

It just takes practice.

That said, I am particularly happy about how well Titan has been received here. I was the one who originally suggested to Dennis to become a sponsor two years ago, and then pushed him until he did it. I just talked to him the other day and he is doing well with the business gained from this site.

He subscribes to the "Attention to Detail and Personal Responsibility" tenants of successful business, and I find his service to be second to none.

I hope everyone who needs Lee stuff calls him first. He lives about 2-3 miles from the Lee Factory and goes there every day. In short, if Lee has it, He has it. Minor discrepancies in shipping costs are negligible when the level of service you get is this good.

I also like dealing with someone who actually remembers me.

Their service is that good.

Randy

303british.com
08-24-2013, 02:20 PM
Another thumbs up for Titan Reloading.

I've only ordered from them once, but the order arrived in a week (to Canada) and was well packaged. I usually order all my stuff directly from Lee, but they did not have what I wanted. Titan did. The backlog is happening with all the manufacturers. Lee is no exception.

I sure hope your problems with panic buyers end soon. It's hard enough getting resupplied up north as it is! :)

engineer401
08-24-2013, 06:48 PM
I don't have a lot of Lee equipment. I generally prefer other brands. I once ordered some items from Titan because they had what I needed when no one else did. I didn't bother to look at shipping cost but the sales prices were very good. Boy were they fast. If I need more Lee Precision equipment, I would definitely use Titan again.

engineer401
08-24-2013, 06:55 PM
Unfortunately that is partially on you for not being more clear, and partially on them for not understanding the words you used or the context.

Very true indeed. Once I was lectured for using the word "mil" instead of typing the bullet diameter in decimal inches. Sometimes we just gotta move on.

Gillie Dog
08-25-2013, 12:08 PM
Dennis is a great guy with a good business with actual customer service operating for us to use. Greg at FS is the same and they both compete well with each other, another good thing for us. I have used them both very successfully and will continue to do so for all Lee equipment going forward.

I also applaud Dennis for recently, I believe, starting a Fleabay store and kicking the gougers *ss around but good. Except for a couple guys prices have been going down dramatically there which will help out all the uniformed who get ripped off all the time. I do feel bad for those who get/got ripped off there and good folks like Dennis help level things out. Just my personal scruples showing I guess.

GD