PDA

View Full Version : Janet is sick

Jim
07-28-2013, 06:04 PM
Janet has been diagnosed with Lyme Carditis (Myocardial Lyme's desease). She was bitten by a tick last year and contracted Lyme's. She got treated for it, but the bug survived and has been there all this time unbeknownst to us or the doctor.

She is now on a heavy dose of antibiotics that treats the illness, but it beats the h311 out of her. Damned if ya' do an' damned if ya' don't.

She has applied to her employer for Family Medical Emergency Leave and expects it to go through in the next two weeks. This will enable her to work when she's up to it and rest when she needs to.

For the past two weeks, she's been running on two to three cylinders and dragging badly. She's been having heart palpatations and shortness of breath. Needless to say, this has me strung up pretty tight.

Just wanted y'all to know.

WILCO
07-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the update Jim. Will keep Janet in prayer. You too, for strength.

oneokie
07-28-2013, 06:19 PM
Both of you will be in my prayers.

JeffinNZ
07-28-2013, 06:25 PM
That's no good Jim. I have never heard of the disorder. Nasty little ticks. Keep her relaxed and let the meds do their work. Time for her to lay back and rest. Hugs from NZ.

williamwaco
07-28-2013, 06:47 PM
May God bless her and heal her and give you the strength to face this trial.

Love Life
07-28-2013, 06:51 PM
I'll pray for both of you. Ya'll need anything? If so give me a holler.

crowbuster
07-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Prayers for both of you jim and take care.....of both of you. You're good folks.

Olevern
07-28-2013, 06:55 PM
Jim,
sorry to hear of Janet's illness. We will be praying and don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything we can do or there's anything that you need.
blessings,
vern

472x1B/A
07-28-2013, 06:57 PM
At least we all know she is in good hands there at home. We send our prayers and hope for a speedy recovery for Janet.

Gibbs44
07-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Praying for her quick recovery Jim.

Dean D.
07-28-2013, 07:05 PM
Thanks for letting us know Jim. I'll be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. Best wishes to Janet on a speedy and full recovery.

Oh, and tell that rascal Bill not to sneek any of Janet's meds :veryconfu

Bo1
07-28-2013, 07:11 PM
Jim,
I am adding y'all to my prayer list.
May GOD blees you, and keep you, and shine his light on you, and give you peace.
Bo

**oneshot**
07-28-2013, 07:13 PM
Best wishes to both of you.

square butte
07-28-2013, 07:19 PM
Sorry to hear of Janet's illness. Victoria and I wish you both God's blessings and favor. Prayers for you both - and for Janet's speedy recovery.

waksupi
07-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Lyme can take a long time to go away. My friend Jessica back east has been dealing with it for two years now, and is still having problems. Roll up your pant legs, play nurse, and give her my best.

DLCTEX
07-28-2013, 08:01 PM
I was down with it for months a number of years ago. Terrible disease. I will pray for you both.
The strange thing about it is that ticks don't like me and the infecting tick was only the second one I ever had attach to me. I have lived in places where they are abundant. Chiggers don't like me either, but that doesn't hurt my feelings.

Wayne Smith
07-28-2013, 08:03 PM
Lyme disease is not fun. It destroys organ systems, or damages them, if not caught early. Right now it's working on Janet's heart.

We will be praying for both of you, for healing for Janet and for energy and patience for you.

MrWolf
07-28-2013, 08:34 PM
Will keep you both in our prayers

mroliver77
07-28-2013, 08:53 PM
Prayers for Janet.

Lyme is awful. I have had chronic Lyme disease for some years. It has ruined me! Make sure you use a Lyme literate Dr. (LLD)
J

firefly1957
07-28-2013, 09:31 PM
Prayers for Janet and you Jim Lyme is a nasty disease do some research on the internet to see if she is getting the best follow up as it takes a while to clear that nasty infection from the system.

Pb2au
07-28-2013, 09:49 PM
Good thoughts head your way Jim. Be strong for her

mikeym1a
07-28-2013, 10:04 PM
Sorry to hear that. I do hope the meds do their job, and she makes a full recovery. And I hope these few words offer some encouragement. Mike

Bzcraig
07-28-2013, 10:10 PM
Praying for a quick and complete healing for Janet. And keep in mind you need to take care of yourself Jim so you can take care of her.

linotype
07-28-2013, 10:13 PM
Bless you both, and our prayers for a complete recovery.

btroj
07-28-2013, 11:28 PM
Hope it gets better soon Jim. Those dang ticks and Lymes are a major hassle.

Just make sure she takes the antibiotics as directed.

Hang in there Janet.

TXGunNut
07-29-2013, 12:14 AM
Thoughts and prayers are with both of you. Lyme was a real problem around here awhile back, nasty and tenacious bug. Thanks for letting us know and please keep us updated.

Jim
07-29-2013, 12:20 AM
Thoughts and prayers are with both of you. Lyme was a real problem around here awhile back, nasty and tenacious bug. Thanks for letting us know and please keep us updated.

Will do. Janet and I extend our gratitude to all of you for your care and concern. I don't mind admittin' it's got me a bit jumpy. Any time I see 'cardio' in a diagnosis.....:shock:

Artful
07-29-2013, 01:22 AM
You have a right to be jumpy - C words - Cancer, Cardio, etc. are always cause for Concern. All you can do is read up on what is best course of action and follow that action thru and keep up a positive mental attitude. The Positive Mental Attitude is important - she's not just a on a ride - she's steering the boat - she needs to have a vision of the outcome she wants - full recovery is attainable.

Our thoughts and prayers are with ya. Let us know if ya need anything.

smoked turkey
07-29-2013, 01:43 AM
Jim glad you told us. I will pray for both of you. I have a good friend who just had a bout with this disease and he told me it made him feel worse than anything he has had before. He was totally wasted until he got a handle on it. Janet needs plenty of rest. With that and all she is doing along with our combined prayers she will be ok.

Recluse
07-29-2013, 03:10 AM
Get her well, follow the doc's instructions and do not be afraid to ask a second doc for a second opinion.

:coffee:

tward
07-29-2013, 05:49 AM
Sorry to hear about Janet. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Tim

Ramar
07-29-2013, 06:04 AM
Your both in my Prayers.....
Ramar

w5pv
07-29-2013, 06:12 AM
You and Janet are in my prayers

alrighty
07-29-2013, 06:30 AM
Prayers sent for you both.

flounderman
07-29-2013, 06:44 AM
If they are using the same antibiotic they used before, it could have built up a resistance to it. A newer antibiotic might be better. Lost a good young dog from what they said was lymes. First vet put him on tetracycaline. Dog got better, then got sick again. Second vet said it should have been tetracycaline and cortizone and put him on that. Dog died and I think it was because they didn't give him enough antibiotic the first time and it built up an immunity to the drug. Should have changed the drug when it came back and maybe it wasn't lymes to start with. If they have her on the same drug they used to start with it might be a good idea to discuss changing the medication to something she hasn't had before.

fishnbob
07-29-2013, 07:02 AM
My prayers are with you & Janet. This is a tough illness. I was finally diagnosed with it after 9 mos of flu like illness' and rashes. This was in the 80's back before they knew much about it here in Va. It was so rare then that doctor's said odds are I didn't have it. My family physician gave me antibiotics and that may have saved me. Honestly Jim, I don't think I ever fully recovered. Make sure she gets plenty of rest and be patient with her. This is a tough fight. God bless both of you.
Bob

Bulldogger
07-29-2013, 07:59 AM
Janet is in my thoughts. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
alex

Jim
07-29-2013, 08:35 AM
..... Make sure she gets plenty of rest and be patient with her.....
Bob

I'm being very encouraging with Janet concerning your first advice. Fortunately, she's not the macromanager type, so she does let me do for her.

With respect to your second piece of advice, that's very easy to do. Janet and I have a wonderful relationship and it's a rare event indeed that either of us even get so much as irritated with the other.

She's not a 'high maintenance' woman, so she's easy to please. The least little effort to make life easier for her means so much.

By the way, fellas, it means more to Janet than can be expressed that there have been so many responses to this. She knows she's part of the group, but doesn't really feel like she 'belongs'. After all, this is primarily a guys' forum. I think she's beginning to understand what I mean when I tell her "These guys like you, you're the 'little sister' of the group."

Thanks, fellas.

kenyerian
07-29-2013, 08:52 AM
Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Rick N Bama
07-29-2013, 09:07 AM
Best wishes to Janet for a speedy recovery. As others have said, please keep us updated!

Rick

sparky45
07-29-2013, 10:38 AM
Best wishes for Janet's recovery; Lyme disease is constantly in our area as well thanks to the over abundance of White Tail. Also of concern to me is your health Jim. Ask your Doctor about a pro active approach to preventing the malady to yourself. I've heard of people in this area on "routine or maintenance" doses of Tetra or Doxycycline to prevent Lyme's, probably would be beneficial at least to inquire. Stay well and keep Janet comfortable. You're both in our prayers.
Sparky45

blackthorn
07-29-2013, 11:20 AM
Jante---Gail and I extend prayers and best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery. Last year Gail was bitten by a tick. She was able to catch the miserable little bugger and send it off to be tested. Fortunately no Lyme disease was found.

375RUGER
07-29-2013, 11:45 AM
Get well, Janet.
Lyme is some bad stuff, it took my Mom a couple years but she is clear now.
Be careful of Candida overgrowth, being on the antibiotics kills your beneficial gut flora and can really drag you down.

Smitty's Retired
07-29-2013, 12:28 PM
Lifting ya'll up in prayer Jim. I know you will stay on top of it. Like has been posted, it will take a bit, and will be taxing to her endurance at times. Just be sure to have any changes checked at all times. Lyme's can affect many different area's of your health. A friend that I worked with had it, finally beat it after a little over 3-1/2 years. So stay vigilant my friend, and keep the faith.

dragonrider
07-29-2013, 12:41 PM
Jim I'm hoping that Janet heals quickly, as other have said it take time to clear up Lyme disease.

429421Cowboy
07-29-2013, 01:50 PM
Prayers from Montana for Miss Janet and you as well Jim!
I have seen Lyme in a friend and it is a tough row to hoe but I know you two will be able to get it kicked together!
I also have been through a series of irregular heartbeat and resulting shortness of breath until I had that taken care of as well and I know that it can really put a person out as well as bring on anxiety attacks, so I pray for her there as well.
Please keep us updated.

km101
07-29-2013, 02:29 PM
Prayers for a sweet lady! Hoping that you can recover fully and soon. Jim, take real good care of her. She is a treasure.

Duckiller
07-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Jim make sure Janet is cured. We have a friend who got Lyme at a church camp when she was a teenager. Didn't know it and wasn't treated. Found out about it about 8 years ago, in her 40s, and is having all sorts of problems even getting treated. Most Drs aren't sure how to treat a long term version of the illness.

scottiemom
07-29-2013, 07:14 PM
wow!! I am humbled and overwhelmed at the responses and grateful for all the support and prayers! I have felt so exhausted for so long - today for the first time in months I only needed one nap! The side effects from the antibiotics are stabilizing too - thankfully! I have a great doctor with a lot of experience with Lyme's so that is a blessing as well. Thanks again everyone - you guys are the best!!

btroj
07-29-2013, 07:21 PM
Get well soon Janet. If nothing else we need someone to help Jim dress himself. Have you seen his outfits lately? Something just isn't right

Love Life
07-29-2013, 07:25 PM
I think Jim and Mr. Bill have been knocking back the old cough syrup while Janet wasn't watching. Mr. Bill seems to be an unsavory role model.

Jim
07-29-2013, 08:23 PM
Cough syrup? I beg your pardon, Sir! I'll have you know (when Janet's asleep) Mr. Bill and I enjoy the world's finest sour mash whiskey money can buy. Sometimes we enjoy it a lot, but nothing but the best for these two ol' hillbillies.

Now you can drop and give me twenty for that remark.

:bigsmyl2:

No_1
07-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Take care of her (and you). Prayers sent.

Circuit Rider
07-29-2013, 09:17 PM
Jim, you both are in our prayers. James

Love Life
07-29-2013, 09:22 PM
You sip your sour mash bourbon and I'll keep sipping my home made wine!!

GaryN
07-29-2013, 10:58 PM
"These guys like you, you're the 'little sister' of the group."

That's exactly how we feel Jim. The presence of a woman always lightens the room.

bayjoe
07-29-2013, 11:34 PM
We will keep you both in our prayers.

linotype
07-30-2013, 10:03 AM
Please get well soon. You have two cats and a husband to keep out of misadventures!

wow!! I am humbled and overwhelmed at the responses and grateful for all the support and prayers! I have felt so exhausted for so long - today for the first time in months I only needed one nap! The side effects from the antibiotics are stabilizing too - thankfully! I have a great doctor with a lot of experience with Lyme's so that is a blessing as well. Thanks again everyone - you guys are the best!!

bikerbeans
07-30-2013, 10:45 AM
My thoughts and prayers, get well soon.

BB

Boerrancher
07-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Jim you and I have been friends for a while now and even though I don't know Janet other than from her posts she is considered part of my extended family as are you. My prayers go out to you both. I know how serious lime disease can be as I have had several friends that have had it and it was a constant struggle over several months for all of them to recover. Rest is a big factor in the recovery process and it takes lots of it. Get well Janet someone has to keep Jim and Mr Bill out of trouble!

Best wishes

Joe

Harter66
07-30-2013, 01:12 PM
In troubled times I have no words ...... just thoughts and hopes for a full recovery, Gods speed.

Lloyd Smale
07-31-2013, 05:58 AM
prayers said for her full recovery.

smokeywolf
07-31-2013, 07:08 AM
Jim, just discovered your thread.

My thoughts and prayers for Janet's recovery and for your strength to support her. I became familiar with Lyme disease some 46 years ago when a friend was, I believe one of the first people in SoCal to be diagnosed with it.

You and Janet hang in there.

Mrs. smokeywolf says she wishes we could ship you a gallon of homemade chicken soup.

smokeywolf

10-x
07-31-2013, 08:00 AM
Prayers for both of you, take it easy.

pmer
07-31-2013, 09:00 AM
Prayers from east central Minnesota.

OBIII
07-31-2013, 05:50 PM
Jim,
So sorry to hear of this. Janet and you are in our prayers, and I'm sure the meds will do their job. I always enjoyed talking with you and Janet in chat, and I for one, miss you guys. Take care.
OB

Rockydog
07-31-2013, 11:44 PM
Jim, Thoughts out to you and Janet. Be sure to ask the Doctor if they ran a test for Bartonella. My daughter has been battling lymes and Bartonella for almost 4 years. She's been on 4 or 5 different antibiotics and regimens. On for two weeks, off for 2 weeks, on for two weeks etc. They discovered that she also had Bartonella, also spread by ticks. She's slowly feeling better a day at a time but still has a long road. They figure she had it for 7-10 years before the correct diagnosis was made. Very lucky you caught it early. RD

theperfessor
08-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Jim, this may be mostly a "guys forum" but we're all family here. My prayers for Janet to recover fully and for you to stay in good shape to be her anchor during this time. I know from my own minor medical issues how many people here are good folks who will stand with you when needed. Let me know if I can do anything to help you guys out.

waksupi
08-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Jim & Janet, this may help you get through this trouble.

http://lymedisease.org/

scottiemom
08-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Jim, Thoughts out to you and Janet. Be sure to ask the Doctor if they ran a test for Bartonella. My daughter has been battling lymes and Bartonella for almost 4 years. She's been on 4 or 5 different antibiotics and regimens. On for two weeks, off for 2 weeks, on for two weeks etc. They discovered that she also had Bartonella, also spread by ticks. She's slowly feeling better a day at a time but still has a long road. They figure she had it for 7-10 years before the correct diagnosis was made. Very lucky you caught it early. RD

yes! good idea - she actually ran that one on Monday along with Babesiosis since that can also be spread by ticks. both, thankfully, were negative. Am feeling some better but still need my noon nap!

jm423
08-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Hopes and prayers for best for Janet. I have had many strong negative words to say about the imported fire ant, but I believe they have decimated the tick and chigger population here (So Cent Texas) I am in the woods/ pasture daily, haven't had a tick or chigger in years. (Oh,Oh--look out tomorrow!)

leeggen
08-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Jim our best to you and Janet. I know it is just as tuff on you as her. I had that nasty buger 3 time in 2 yr. It just kicks your @@@ big time. lots a rest for her and you, she needs you now more than anytime. You seem to be lots a support to her.
CD in TN

Jim
08-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Yesterday, Janet received an unexpected delivery. A member here sent her a nice bouquet of pink and purple tulips.

Coincidentally, that just happens to be her favorite flower AND colors. 'Course, I have no idea how the sender knew that. [smilie=1:

She was thrilled. When she read the note with the flowers, she started 'raining'. All the responses and wishes for quick recovery and now this. Y'all mean a lot to Janet. Thanks.

Dean D.
08-03-2013, 06:43 PM
A class act, by a member with class, who belongs to a class website, to a classy Lady. About sums it up I think. ;)