PDA

View Full Version : larger loop for model 94

bgreed
07-28-2013, 01:10 PM
I have been searching for medium size loop for my model 94 without much luck do you gents have any suggestions?

pietro
07-28-2013, 06:01 PM

Since AFAIK almost all large loops for Winchester 94's are "Big Loops", I would have a gunsmith add some material to the loop currently on your rifle to get exactly what you want.

The existing loop would have to be cut/bent and a filler piece welded in place, then the weld ground down, the filler piece contoured to match the rest of the loop and refinished, of course.

bgreed
07-29-2013, 05:14 PM
I found this site they will customize your lever loop www.mulemangunworks.com

pietro
07-30-2013, 01:40 PM

Just my $0.02, but if I was to pay $100+ finishing for someone to rework my lever's loop, I'm pretty sure that I'd want to work personally with the gunsmith to ensure the result was exactly what I wanted, ILO what they normally do.

As for sending in a custom drawing of what you want, while the idea seems comforting, IMO there's no way a drawing will translate to the real deal of fit/feel - BT, DT, NTS.

bgreed
07-31-2013, 12:19 PM
I agree with U on all those points. Just posted it for others that may be searching. I actually was hoping to find a ready made that I could fit. But looks like I will have to put on my gunsmith hat and get to work.