PDA

View Full Version : Lee pot drip fix! Love this forum!

exdxgxe4life
07-27-2013, 11:17 PM
I was having problems with my Lee 20lb pot dripping and at times pouring real slow. I know a lot of us have been there, and I figured it was inevitable. I thought maybe the time had come to put a screw up the spout and bring out the old hand ladle. However, in poking around here and there, I found various posts with tips and tricks on how to stop the Lee drip. So whoever stumbles across this posting, here's what I found to make my pot pour like it did on day 1.

Very simple! when it started to drip I just tightened and loosened the top screw a few rotations while applying downward pressure and BAM no more drip. When it started to pour real slow I stuck a small allen wrench all the way up the bottom spout until lead started to come out, gave it a few twists and BAM that channel was all cleaned out and it started pouring out perfectly.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

detox
07-27-2013, 11:22 PM
I wonder why my RCBS Pro Melt never drips? I feel left out

shadowcaster
07-28-2013, 12:16 AM

If you want one that drips.. I'm sure it can be arranged! :bigsmyl2:

Shad

exdxgxe4life
07-28-2013, 12:45 AM

for 1/6 the cost, worth every penny.

shadowcaster
07-28-2013, 01:00 AM
for 1/6 the cost, worth every penny.

I'm right there with you brother! :) I have 2 and luv'm both.

Shad

Slow Elk 45/70
07-30-2013, 11:32 PM
Yup money talks and BS walks...IMHO

Ken TN
07-31-2013, 04:02 PM
Lee's drip it is a fact of life. But the dollars saved allow me to buy more lead, molds and brass. A dollar saved is more ammo made!

472x1B/A
07-31-2013, 04:15 PM
^^^ YAH! I'm with ya there Ken. I'm not saying my 3 Lee drippers NEVER drip but they don't drip as much as what I've read about here. Working on my 3rd ton save up now.

ACrowe25
07-31-2013, 05:20 PM
Lee's drip it is a fact of life. But the dollars saved allow me to buy more lead, molds and brass. A dollar saved is more ammo made!

And when they drip it hardens and you pour back--- no biggie.

Dirty30
08-22-2013, 12:43 AM
I'll give the allen wrench a try and let you know how it goes. Mine pours slow enough these day I can't get a nice boolit anymore.

Dirty30
08-22-2013, 01:40 AM
Well that done it. I wish I could get in there and clean it out good though.

Deep Six
08-22-2013, 06:35 AM
Mine dripped from day one. The adjustment screw stripped out and would never "catch" in the groove in the valve rod. To fix this, I simply clamped a medium pair of vice-grips on the valve rod. With all that weight on it, it never drips at all. My other trick to fix slow pouring is to take a small propane torch to the exterior of the pour nozzle. A few seconds of flame and the lead is gushing out. Once you get up to speed casting though it's not a problem as it stays plenty warm by itself.

I agree the Pro 4-20 is the best 40 bucks I ever spent as far as casting goes.