PDA

View Full Version : Small Tumbler recommendation

jeff423
07-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Small Tumbler recommendation

I'm looking for a small vibratory tumbler. I've got a Dillon now but I would like something to just do a small number of cases. I am looking at the Lyman Turbo 600. Is there anything else out there?

Thanks,

Jeff

jcwit
07-28-2013, 09:07 AM
Berry! Made here in the USA, sold by Berry, Graf's, Cabela's, etc. as the model 400. Buy it from Cabela's and you get the lifetime satisfaction guarantee. Cost? approx. $45/$55 bucks.

BTW, its a quiet tumbler when placed on a cement paving block.

dudel
07-28-2013, 10:27 AM
Stay away from the SmartReloader Nano tumbler. Great idea; worse than poor execution.

My current Midway tumbler has been going for 20+ years. Not sure if the current one is built as well. The one from Berry Mfg would be the one I'd get if I needed a new one. I like the idea of a clear lid.

mdi
07-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Unless ya just gotta have a new tumbler (nuttin' wrong with that), what's wrong with just putting less media and fewer cases in our Dillon? They will still get clean/shiny...

jeff423
07-28-2013, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll stick with the Lyman. I can get it for $50.00 from Graf's and it's smaller than the Berry. I was tempted by the Smart Reloader but I've never heard anything good about their products and the above post confirms it for tumblers as well. I will continue to use my Dillon, but with a smaller unit I could leave it out and just use it for small runs. The Dillon takes up enough room that I have to store it and get it back out to use.

Jeff

ROGER4314
07-29-2013, 12:58 AM
I have two of the Lyman tumblers. I agree with just not loading it as much. It won't hurt anything to run a light load.

There are some small rotary tumblers around but I turned away from that type. After the lids came off and the contents dumping out, I got rid of them, Pronto.

Flash

markshere2
07-29-2013, 07:00 PM
I'm running a HARBOR FREIGHT small round tumbler.
Rubber drums and aluminum lids - I've never had a lid come off problem.

I like the idea of the quiet simple tumblers. I killed a couple of vibratory tumblers before realizing that they were designed to beat hell out of themselves.

I have a big ole Thumbler, but it doesn't get the use the HF unit gets.

ACrowe25
07-31-2013, 01:20 PM
I have two of the Lyman tumblers. I agree with just not loading it as much. It won't hurt anything to run a light load.

Same here. I run mine full to top or only a few cases at a time. Whatever needs to be done that day. Don't hurt nothing either way... Sometimes a bit longer in the full batches is all.