PDA

View Full Version : Saeco Sizer

glockky
07-26-2013, 11:38 PM
I am looking in to getting a lubrasizer and have narrowed it down the the RCBS lube-a-matic and the saeco. I did notice that the saeco sizer and dies are a little higher. Is the Saeco a better sizer? I have been leaning towards the saeco just because they seem to have a better variety of sizing dies.

gunoil
07-27-2013, 12:47 AM
how bout a magma star, i just got two. I think saeco is nose down feed also. I use to have lee sizer. This is another world, yea it is,,, they seat better/no shaving, etc.. Yea, me too, i witnessed it myself and thought "well what the hell could be different in the sizing". Believe me or learn yourself.

ReloaderFred
07-27-2013, 01:04 AM
The Saeco sizes nose up, just like the RCBS and Lyman machines. I've got a Lyman, an RCBS, 2 Saeco machines and 6 Star machines. The Stars are my favorites, with the Saeco machines next.

Some people don't like the fact that the Saeco's handle is on the side, rather than on the front of the machine, but I don't find this to be a problem. It all boils down to what your needs are and what you like.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Norbrat
07-27-2013, 01:04 AM
I have a Saeco. It is a base down sizer.

While it works well, the ergonomics are not the best. Pushing down on the handle to the right is not as easy as pulling a handle down more in line with your body. The end of the rectangular bar used as a handle is just covered in a thin plastic sleeve and it ends up digging into your palm; you sure know about it after a long session sizing.

I ended up gluing a pool ball to the handle and this has helped. I'm also planning to mount the whole sizer on a riser and clamping it to the workbench in such a way that it is side on, with the handle more in line with my body so I can pull it down much like a Lyman/RCBS.