PDA

View Full Version : Ruger 3 screw price check

hpdrifter
07-26-2013, 10:28 PM
I have this old gun; Ruger Blackhawk, 357 3 screw unconverted to transfer bar.

I know for a fact it has no more that 100 rounds thru it. My brother bought it new in either 1970, 71, or 72. Not quite sure. I bought it from him a coulpe of years later. There is no "ring" on the cylinder yet.

Serial number 31-25XXX Has original box, tho it's not in pristine shape.

Kinda wondering what one of these might go for these days.

bob208
07-26-2013, 10:44 PM
what barrel length? the 6.5 about $400-$500. the 4 5/8 add $50-100 more. does it have the 9mm cylinder with it?

dougader
07-27-2013, 12:41 AM
The box can grab another $100 or more by itself.

contender1
07-27-2013, 07:36 AM
As a serious Ruger collector, the first thing I look at is condition. You say this gun is pristine. Since it's a "prefix" numbered gun, they were made in good quantities. So the value depends a bit on barrel length. As noted above the short barreled guns do seem to command a slight bit more, depending on the region. So, a gun in excellent condition no extra convertible cylinder in 9mm, by itself will bring approximately $450, give or take a bit due to barrel length. If you have an original convertible, (from the factory) and you still have the correct 9mm cylinder, add $100. The box, if it's a short barreled gun, can add $50-$75 for a rough one, and a bit more for a pristine one. The long barreled gun boxes sell for less. The box will be marked on the end, BKH-34 or BKH-36. The BKH-34 is the short barreled model.
If you have all the papers with it, (correct manual, warranty card, wax paper, etc,) add an additional $35-$40. If you have the 9mm cylinder and it has the felt bag and pristine box, add an additional $20. If you have the brown shipper box, (also known as the book wrap,) add another $25-$50 depending on model.

hpdrifter
07-27-2013, 11:55 AM
sorry, the barrel is 6.5

I didn't think convertibles came out till a few years later.

Na, No paper work, no extra cylinder; nothing but pistol and box.

Thanx, appreciate the info.

Silver Jack Hammer
07-27-2013, 01:42 PM
A few years ago a friend of mine had a 6 1/2" non-flattop 3 screw for sale for $500.00. He turned to my son and said he'd sell it to him for $450.00, my son said yes and I pulled out my wallet. My son just loves it.

Then after that I was in a busy gunshop in town and there hanging on the wall was a 3 screw 4 3/4" non-flattop for $389.00. I told the guy I guess I'll take it. When I brought it home and my son claimed that one too. I told him to never sell it. It's in good shape but not as nice as the 6 1/2".

I got him an El Paso double rig Tommy Three Persons in black and that is now his rig for his brace of Rugers. He shoots them with my cast 150 gr RN boolits and I've loaded him up some of my cast Keith boolits which he has yet to kill anything with. The RN boolits get shot a lot more.