PDA

View Full Version : Cost of lead!!!

Edubya
07-25-2013, 02:59 PM
This should make the cost of lead, bullets go way down!

The Army projects that the use of green 5.56 mm and 7.62 mm ammunition could eliminate the purchase of 3,683 metric tons of lead between 2013 and 2018.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/24/getting-the-lead-out-literally-u-s-army-plans-switch-to-green-bullets/#ixzz2a5KaR52I

EW

Xfire68
07-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Lead should drop like a rock but production will also drop to raise the prices.

dilly
07-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Sounds expensive. People are really ignorant about lead toxicity. It's almost superstitious. Is our government really in a position to squander money like this?

Changeling
07-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Cast lead shooters are being totally screwed for some reason. Lead is one of the cheapest metals there is to mine!

Gliden07
07-25-2013, 11:48 PM
The Government will make lead an illegal item and put casters like us out of business. This will further control all aspects of firearms! My Dad was right 30 years ago!! He said "They will never get rid of guns, they will just legislate them out of existence!!"

This should make the cost of lead, bullets go way down!

The Army projects that the use of green 5.56 mm and 7.62 mm ammunition could eliminate the purchase of 3,683 metric tons of lead between 2013 and 2018.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/24/getting-the-lead-out-literally-u-s-army-plans-switch-to-green-bullets/#ixzz2a5KaR52I

EW

Airman Basic
07-26-2013, 11:55 AM
Is our government really in a position to squander money like this?

Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha. Oh, I'm hurting. Thanks for that.

9.3X62AL
07-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Sounds expensive. People are really ignorant about lead toxicity. It's almost superstitious. Is our government really in a position to squander money like this?

Lead is The Ultimate Evil to the tards and tree-huggers at EPA. There is no sane rationale to their fervency on this question--it is mindless hatred, not unlike what Islamists feel for the United States and Israel.

"......in a position to squander money like this?"--hell, it's their Reason For Being!

RobS
07-26-2013, 12:29 PM
:roll:I guess the government needs to mine all the lead from the earth and then send it to outer space so it won't hurt us anymore. Imagine the cost but it's worth it to save us all.:roll:

Changeling
07-26-2013, 01:01 PM
Lead is The Ultimate Evil to the tards and tree-huggers at EPA. There is no sane rationale to their fervency on this question--it is mindless hatred, not unlike what Islamists feel for the United States and Israel.

"......in a position to squander money like this?"--hell, it's their Reason For Being!

This was very well said!

bangerjim
07-26-2013, 01:43 PM
:roll:I guess the government needs to mine all the lead from the earth and then send it to outer space so it won't hurt us anymore. Imagine the cost but it's worth it to save us all.:roll:

Democrat/liberal moto: "Remember.....it's for the children."

OnceFired
07-26-2013, 01:43 PM
Have we ever organized a lead alloy group buy from Doe Run? I got their pricing and shared it in one of the threads here somewhere a while back.

Once Fired

RobS
07-26-2013, 04:04 PM
Have we ever organized a lead alloy group buy from Doe Run? I got their pricing and shared it in one of the threads here somewhere a while back.

Once Fired

Not that I've remembered anyway.

MtGun44
07-26-2013, 07:45 PM
The Eco-Nazis are wasting more of our money.

Idiots.

Bill

jonp
07-27-2013, 07:07 AM
This is one of the ways enviro wackos are joing with gunbanners to put firearms owned by us out of existence. Legislate them away. They tried to ban lead ammo in CA on the grounds that endangered condors eat the remains of animals killed by hunters and die from ingesting lead althougj there is no proof this happens. When that didnt work they tried to get the EPA to regulate it out of existence as a health hazard despite law specifically prohibiting the EPA from doing so and the EPA refused. This is why we now have lead free fishing sinkers although again there is no evidence they poison any animal and lead free shot for humting waterfowl. Again no evidence.
I worked as a wildlife biologist out west and went to a number of hearings on this and believe me when I say the anti hunters and anti gun fruitloops always outnumbered the hunters and sportsman. Reloaders? No where to be seen.
Better keep an eye on this and show up at these hearings and let your reps know you dont want this because if you dont reloading will disappear or become so expensive no-one can afford to do it