PDA

View Full Version : Weigh & Measure everything!!

Hogtamer
07-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Here is an email I sent to Ballistic Products that is self explanatory. Since I haven't heard back from them I thought I'd post it here:

Mis-sized buckshot

Last week I received a bag of nickel plated OO buckshot (Re: Order Number: 214824) that I proceeded to load. I dumped the entire bag into a plastic container that I use to store shot. After I loaded most of the bag I got to the bottom of the container that held a few Hornandy pellets of OO from another source. It was then I realized the nickel shot I got from BPI was undersized. I weighed the pellets for comparison and used drill gauge to compare diameter and your nickel plated shot is clearly mislabeled. I cut open a factory OO copper coated load to compare as well - same result. The BPI labeled OO is not OO, closer to #1 buck. I am going to return the bag for you to research that contain several of the pellets to see. Please let me know exactly what it is that I have loaded and how to rectify thus. Also a person to whose attention I should place on the package.
Thank you for attention to this matter,
Harold Rowland, Jr

Sent from my iPad

For the record, I did weigh the pellets before loading and they averaged 46.5 grains per pellet - some 7 - 8 grns less than my other OO buckshot. I just assumed the nickel plating weighed less than the lead it would have displaced and loaded accordingly: 10 pellets @ 47 grn. 10 pellets made 5 perfect stacks of 2 in an Remington (RP or SP, don't recall at the moment) which should have tipped me off. Over 32 grns Longshot in a AA hull it made a perfect crimp. Didn't ask for money back but would like some acknowledgement that there's a problem.77029

Hogtamer
07-24-2013, 05:04 PM
I have decided they are 0 buck, .320 diameter.