PDA

View Full Version : Jim's BBQ & dippin' sauce

Jim
07-24-2013, 03:46 PM
INGREDIENTS
One 18 oz. bottle of your favorite 'store bought' BBQ sauce.
One cup brown sugar, light or dark, whatever suits ya'.
Two to three ozs. bourbon. I use sour mash.
One teaspoon (measured) spicy brown mustard
One teaspoon Liquid Smoke
One teaspoon Worchestershire sauce.
One teaspoon lemon juice

TOOLS
Quart Pyrex (micowaveable) measuring cup
Whisk
Cup measure
Teaspoon measure

DIRECTIONS
Dump the contents of the BBQ sauce in the Pyrex cup.
Dump the brown suger in the pyrex cup on top of the BBQ sauce.
Pour the whisky in the empty BBQ sauce bottle.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the BBQ sauce bottle, replace lid and shake well.
Pour the contents of the bottle in the measuring cup with the Sauce and brown sugar.

Place in microwave on high for one to three minutes as needed to reach very warm, but not hot.
Remove from microwave and whisk thoroughly until completely blended. As it cools it will thicken a bit.

Place chicken or pork on grill, pull the top off a cold one and set a timer for fifteen minutes. Mop chicken or pork with sauce every fifteen minutes while grilling. Serve the remainder of the sauce for dippin'.

Pull the top off another cold one and have at it![smilie=w:

Shooter
07-24-2013, 05:20 PM
Jim!
You forgot the critical step of sampling the bourbon to make sure it is of the finest quality!
You may need to repeat this step if unsure.

dbosman
07-24-2013, 05:40 PM
Some of us are diabetic. Can we leave out the brown sugar and up the bourbon?

Hamish
07-24-2013, 05:45 PM
A true renaissance man indeed,,,,,,,

pmeisel
07-24-2013, 07:12 PM
I leave brown sugar out of all my BBQ sauce mixes and they don't seem to suffer for it. I just don't like it that sweet.

jaysouth
08-04-2013, 11:05 PM
In the flat parts of Virginia, we used to make a rub that became a dipping sauce.

1/2 cup paprika
1/2 cup brown sugar
salt
black pepper
table spoon of onion powder
table spoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.

Mix well and apply as a dry rub, reserving half. Wrap you rubbed meat in foil and cook until done. While waiting for the meat to cook, take the remainder of your rub and add a cup of ketchup, a dash of liquid smoke, a drop or two of Worchestershire and a tablespoon or so of Virginia Gentleman. Mix well and mop on your meat and cook until glazed. Remainder can be used for dipping sauce at the table.

Czech_too
08-11-2013, 07:35 PM
My compliments to the chef. In the past I have always managed to overcook ribs despite my best intentions not to. The batch of bnl western style ribs I just made has got to be the most tender to date.

I raise a glass of pivo in salute.