PDA

View Full Version : Tired of no 22 shells so

Freightman
07-24-2013, 02:08 PM
I spent $100 for this a Beeman sportsman RS2 .117 and .22 barrels

dbosman
07-24-2013, 05:48 PM
That's a deal and a half.
Now, stock up on pellets. Occasionally they're in short supply too.

Freightman
07-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Lots of them on Ebay with free shipping at the same price as the stores.

Silver Eagle
07-25-2013, 01:31 PM
Find the pellet(s) that it likes to shoot for accuracy and buy a bunch of the same lot if possible. You will have a POI change when changing barrels.
Avoid the specialty pellets (lead free, plastic, hybrids and such). Round nose or pointed are usually best for hunting and longer distance shooting. Flat nose (wadcutters) are generally best for shorter ranges. Some people do like the wadcutters for hunting small game.
Cleaning and maintenance are similar to a firearm. Do not use petroleum based oils in the compression chamber. Silicone oil (a couple drops every tin or 2 of pellets) is best for lubing the compression the chamber as needed. Do not leave it cocked for long periods and NEVER dry fire. Expect to shoot a hundred or more rounds before it breaks in and stabilizes velocity and performance.

Swamp Man
07-25-2013, 07:48 PM
Find the pellet(s) that it likes to shoot for accuracy and buy a bunch of the same lot if possible. You will have a POI change when changing barrels.
Avoid the specialty pellets (lead free, plastic, hybrids and such). Round nose or pointed are usually best for hunting and longer distance shooting. Flat nose (wadcutters) are generally best for shorter ranges. Some people do like the wadcutters for hunting small game.
Cleaning and maintenance are similar to a firearm. Do not use petroleum based oils in the compression chamber. Silicone oil (a couple drops every tin or 2 of pellets) is best for lubing the compression the chamber as needed. Do not leave it cocked for long periods and NEVER dry fire. Expect to shoot a hundred or more rounds before it breaks in and stabilizes velocity and performance.I agree. Most of those Beeman guns seem to like crosman round nose or pointed pellet or Beeman Silver Arrow if you prefer heavier pellets from what I've seen. Whatever you do stay as far away from "Daisy" pellets as you can in my book there the worst pellets out there.

redneckdan
07-25-2013, 07:59 PM
Yup, I've been eyeing an RWS 54 or 48 since last winter. Figure it would work good for pest control and beating the winter blues when it's -40 and I want to shoot in the garage.

Freightman
07-26-2013, 12:05 PM
I'd like a big bore air rifle like Lewis & Clark had.

Me too but [I] can almost buy a Shiloh for what they cost 8-)

binarybro
07-26-2013, 12:12 PM
Good job!!
Exactely as I've planned. My FWB 124 .177 ol' skool pellet gun has come outa' moth balls. I live in town, so I'm gonna shoot from inside my garage, out the rear roll up door, into the back yard where there'll be a pellet trap for fun!

Baja_Traveler
07-26-2013, 01:24 PM
Nice! Just yesterday I got my RWS 75 back from Umarex completely rebuilt and tuned. This weekends project is building a silent pellet trap so I can practice offhand to improve my silhouette scores.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/27/u4a2e7yq.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2