PDA

View Full Version : My wife finaly gets it

GREENCOUNTYPETE
07-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Saturday , we were out and stopped past the camera store , the wife has been drooling over one of those digital SLR cameras for a few years now. well i broke down and said , do it . and we left with the Sony A65 that uses the lenses she already has for her Minolta SLR film camera.

So she says to me , I get it now , why you were so excited when your M1 showed up after 5 months of waiting and 20 years of drooling over them, and you took it to the shop and disappeared for a few hours and when i came looking for you you had it all in pieces cleaning everything and putting it back together and then it rained for 3 days and you couldn't get to the range.

cause all i want to do is play with my new camera right now

Cactus Farmer
07-24-2013, 11:05 AM
My wife "got it" when I gave her a 32 S&W cal. Hopkins & Allen top break that I was given. It seems the previous owner was shooting 32 Autos in it and didn't like it "spitting" on him. I cleaned it up,oiled the poor dry little pistol and recut the forcing cone. I knew a fella who had just traded for a box of 32 S&W and traded him a box of 32 S&W Long for them. We went to the berm to test it and after I shot it 5 times I loaded it and passed it to her. BANG<BANG<BANG....."I like this"......Well it's yours now.
She was even happier when a 3" Model 36 S&W appeared in my hand last month. I already had a Model 60 in 357 Mag so she got the 36.
I do pity the person who raises her hackles. She can shoot both quite well and is now a pistol packin mama.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
07-24-2013, 12:18 PM
she comes along to the range a few times a year , i make her up special light 40S&W for a S&W 40 she says fits her hand the best , she likes to shoot that.

she is going to start handling some of the paper work end of the 4H shooting sports days for me , i can admit while i like shooting paper , i hate paperwork
so that should get her to the range more

but this was about her being so excited about finally getting something she really wanted

otherwise she gets hobbies , she will disappear for hours to her sewing room.

I know we have quilts that cost more to make than some guns I own cost , and i can't even count the number of quits she has made.

Hamish
07-24-2013, 12:25 PM
I like these kinds of threads,,,,,:bigsmyl2:

Dannmann801
07-24-2013, 01:31 PM
Good stuff Pete - :grin:

SingleBarrel
07-24-2013, 01:50 PM
My wife gets it sometimes, but she always seems to lose it later.

Czech_too
07-24-2013, 05:47 PM
I've got a couple of Minolta camera bodies, one of which I picked up on 'the Rock' and 3 or 4 lenses. Been wondering just what am I gonna do with these. You may have just answered that question. I'll definitely have to look into it. Thanks

dagger dog
07-25-2013, 01:44 PM
Not to be robbing a thread, but does anyone know if Canon Eos Rebel 35 MM film lenses will work on the newer Eos Rebel digital bodies ?

TenTea
07-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Hi Pete!

Why is it, your brass bucket gets filled with quarry refuse?

I'll be seeing you amongst the limestone sometime soon I'm sure.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
07-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Hi Pete!

Why is it, your brass bucket gets filled with quarry refuse?

I'll be seeing you amongst the limestone sometime soon I'm sure.

slobs ,you should have seen the mess they left last time , had the locks all messed up on the gate so our lock was just dangling there not connected to any other just the end of the chain , i had to call Rodger he had it straitened out by the next time i was out.

I need to build some new target stands they are looking kind of sad , but it seems to be keeping them from shooting up the silhouette stands

I will have to show you the M1 Garand running on cast next time i see you at the pit.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
07-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Not to be robbing a thread, but does anyone know if Canon Eos Rebel 35 MM film lenses will work on the newer Eos Rebel digital bodies ?

I tried searching but got a little confused , it may vary by model some say yes others don't say

call these guys they will know , http://cameracompany.com/storelocations.html the Odana rd location Tim is the manager they will know for sure they sell cannon ,the Sony we got and a bunch of others

Shooternz
07-25-2013, 10:08 PM
Yes they do all EOS lens fit both 35mm and digital as long as they are EF lens the EF-S only fits Digital