PDA

View Full Version : Seating Plug and Hot Glue

rwsem
07-24-2013, 09:48 AM
I normally just lurk and learn but have to post a thank you to all the folks who post common sense, low cost solutions, to basic problems. I can almost always find the answer to a question by searching the appropriate forum area and hence my low post count despite being around for several years.

This is a pic of my 375 supermag cartridges before and after searching for a solution to an ill fitting Redding seating plug. The boolits are ~BHN 12, formed in an LBT LFN GC mould and seated in cut down 375 WIN brass. Ready for pigs and deer as soon as I work up the load.

r1kk1
07-24-2013, 10:00 AM
My buddy has one in a Dan Wesson. What a pain to trim 375 Winchester brass. We are using a GC mould from Mountain and it works well. I think the weight of the revolver makes it very pleasant to shoot. The dies are from CH4D and we made a seater plug the same way. The 30 as well as 357 Herrett were also a pain for me. I ended up using a drill press and Forster base to whack off the extra length. In retrospect maybe a chop saw. We used a file trim die for his and after 50, it got old fast even with a Dremel.

Take care

r1kk1

rwsem
07-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Mine also launches from a DW. Before I got the cut off saw, I used a copper tube cutter- PIA...