PDA

View Full Version : New to me cowboy

starmac
07-24-2013, 06:52 AM
My luck was holding good today.

I called about a 45 colt cowboy yesterday. His phone said he had no service where he lives (common here) and the easiest way to get hold of him was Email.
I don't do email, but I left my number. I was in prudhoe this morning and had phone service for only about an hour and a half, and get a call from him. I tell him I would be back in town in the morning, but he was flying out for 6 days, and would knock a bunch off if we could get together today (impossible) so I called my wife at work and he went to where she worked GGGGGREAT considering she had mentioned NO MORE GUNS THIS MONTH just last week. lol

I left the slope before I knew if the deal had for sure gone down, and was just in limbo for 16 hours. lol

It came with some ammo I have never hears of ultramax smokeless cartridges. These are cast boolits, made in rapid city sd.

A sweet little gun, jm stamped, but does have the crossbolt safety, for a steal of a deal.

ReloaderFred
07-24-2013, 11:56 AM
I've got two of them, and both are very accurate. In fact, I won a 100 yard match with one of mine two weeks ago! It helps to put a lever wrap on it, especially if you'll be shooting fast.

Hope this helps.

Fred

sharpsguy
07-24-2013, 12:03 PM
+1 on the very accurate. +1 again on the lever wrap. It's a great rifle, and I really like mine.

Springfield
07-24-2013, 12:32 PM

Snap on lever wraps for 8.00 shipped. Even to Alaska. Easy to take on and off. Go to www.whyteleatherworks.com and look under "accessories".

helice
07-24-2013, 06:26 PM
I can happily recommend the above lever wrap. I sure like mine.
Congratulations on your new 45. They are sweet rifles and a wonderful ctg.

starmac
07-24-2013, 09:33 PM
The lever wrap looks good, But the sights are probably the first thing that needs attention they are absolutely not made for my eyes.

Walter Laich
07-25-2013, 10:33 AM
I also like the snap on/off lever wraps

Here are a couple of options for the safety:

Clyde Ludwig replacement safety: http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/crossbolt_safety.htm

here is another option, a saddle ring replacement for the safety: http://beartoothmercantile-2.myshopify.com/collections/safety-deletes