PDA

View Full Version : RCBS service

MOcaster
07-23-2013, 11:32 PM
Can we have a dedicated thread/sub-forum to brag on RCBS's customer service? I think they deserve it. If course there can be other companies in it too, but RCBS has the best customer service I have ever delt with. I mean, really, what can't you like about them? I emailed them Sunday asking how I could order a replacement lube plunger for my lam 1 and I got the email today that it was ordered free of charge. Does it get any better than that?

donald150
08-10-2013, 09:50 PM
+1

I just posted about a Pro-Melt that I bought used with a missing handle. One email and RCBS sent me one FREE!

rodsvet
08-11-2013, 04:26 PM
You guys must have a phone number different than the one I used to call RCBS. I have a Lachmiller luber that uses many of the same parts as RCBS as they bought them out and copied the design. When I inquired about some linkage parts, they just shined me on. They told me to buy a new one of theirs and they weren't too polite either. I'll just keep using my Star! Rod

donald150
08-11-2013, 04:37 PM
I NEVER call a company for replacement parts.

I send them a polite email explaining the issue and the parts I need. Thank them for their time.

ALWAYS include my full name, address and phone number at the bottom of the email.

So far the only response I have received from Kel-tec, S&W and RCBS was "parts on the way" and they thank me for using their products.

BTW, the emails to Kel-Tec and S&W were requesting SPARE parts and I made that clear.

MOcaster
08-11-2013, 05:20 PM
I emailed RCBS, too. Being polite goes a long way in anything. As a customer service representative myself, I can tell you that nice people a so much better to deal with. I'm not saying that you were not nice/polite, I'm just saying it helps.

Airman Basic
08-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Recently called a number provided by someone on this forum for RCBS. Explained I had a cracked powder hopper on my 30 year old Little Dandy powder measure. Gave him my address and in less than a week had my new plastic tube at no cost. Good stuff.

GLL
08-11-2013, 07:27 PM
Always talk to the nice lady at RCBS ! :)
The people there are very helpful except for one guy !

Jerry

Hawkeye45
08-11-2013, 07:40 PM
I have never had a problem with RCBS or Dillon, have been using them since the late 70's. even when something was my own stupidity they replaced parts rapidly and at no cost. Of course you have to be courteous to get courteous responses. Just my humble opinion.

Mr. Ed

HATCH
08-11-2013, 08:18 PM
I bought a used die set and it was missing the decaper assembly. My brother lost the cap and collet to his impact hammer. i called to buy new ones... Gave them the part numbers and was about to give him my cc info when he said no charge.
I have no clue how old my die.set is. I am placing bets they are sending me the complete die.

rodsvet
08-15-2013, 09:20 PM
Well maybe I just got some one on a bad day. This was a couple of years ago and it was a man not a lady. I made my own linkage for the Lachmiller and it will run another 100 years. I bought a Pro Melt and am very impressed with it. I still prefer Lee dies to RCBS. Especially in 40 S&W, They size further down for me. Just my .02, Rod

Dale in Louisiana
08-15-2013, 11:08 PM
Bingo! I bought an RCBS press off Ebay. When I got it the thing, it had the auto primer unit but was missing the primer feed tube. I hit the RCBS website and asked for the PRICE to buy these parts. They asked for my address and mailed them to me.

It's hard to beat that, and unless there's a real reason to do otherwise, RCBS gets my business.

On a slightly related note, Dillon did that for some parts I bent on an RL550B, too.

dale in Louisiana

gunoil
08-19-2013, 05:31 PM
Rcbs is incredible.