PDA

View Full Version : I picked up a Pro-Melt... anything I should pay extra attention to?

Sweetpea
07-22-2013, 11:25 PM
I found one on the local online classifieds, used, for a c-note... I drove right over and handed him cash!!!

It should be much better than my drippy Lee, and the OLD Saeco I have been using.

It was missing the mold guide, and I intend to get a new plunger... anything else I should look at before I call RCBS tomorrow???

I appreciate the help...

Brandon

VHoward
07-22-2013, 11:40 PM
Before you replace the plunger, clean the pot up and see if it really needs to be replaced. If your going to have them send you a new plunger, then have them send you a new nozzle to go with it that the plunger seats in.

Just Duke
07-23-2013, 06:50 AM
Build or buy a PID for it. If you get down my way I'll check it out for you.

nvbirdman
07-27-2013, 03:08 PM
I put a collar on the top part of the mould guide so I can loosen the set screw and swing the guide out of the way when I want to empty the pot, but when I swing it back into position it will maintain the same height. I also put a double nut on the flow regulating screw so I can open it up, dump the lead, and screw it back to the original flow rate.

Hardcast416taylor
07-27-2013, 03:15 PM
The 2 things that I would check are: (1) Does the on/off switch still work. (2) Does the thermostat still allow you to change temperatures. The fact that you got it for $100 makes me wonder about the electrical functions of it. I got a decent deal on an RCBS pot once, then I discovered the on/off switch was fried.Robert

VHoward
07-27-2013, 04:05 PM
On/Off switch is cheap and easy to replace. RCBS would have probably sent you a switch free of charge if you had asked them.