PDA

View Full Version : bottle neck cartridge with black

rugermag
07-22-2013, 04:56 PM
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but to save me the time going back through all the back pages, I will ask it again. I have a 14 ".35 rem barrel in one of my T/C contenders that I would like to load with black and a 200 grain boolit. I have been loading for my 44 mag and my 45 lc with good results. I know the basics for them but am unsure of the bottle neck cartridge. Any words good or bad would be helpful.

Hickory
07-22-2013, 05:06 PM
No reason why it won't work.
I have loaded my Contender .223 Rem. with black powder & cast boolits to see how they were at nailing ground hogs. Never had one get away, but a couple managed to crawl a ways before running out of gas.
Just make sure your case is full and no air space under the boolit.

Don McDowell
07-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Fill the primed case until the black powder comes about halfway up the neck, compress the wad and powder until the bottom of the wad is just above the bottom of the neck. Seat bpc lubed bullet in case. Insert case into chamber , point down range at target, align sights, Squeeze trigger...

Good Cheer
01-14-2020, 09:04 PM
Thinking about giving this a try for 35 Remington.

indian joe
01-15-2020, 06:49 AM
Fill the primed case until the black powder comes about halfway up the neck, compress the wad and powder until the bottom of the wad is just above the bottom of the neck. Seat bpc lubed bullet in case. Insert case into chamber , point down range at target, align sights, Squeeze trigger...

sounds like a plan!!!!

indian joe
01-15-2020, 06:52 AM
Thinking about giving this a try for 35 Remington.

If thats a true picture of yr boolit - It's got a nice big lube groove an yr in a 14" tube I'd skip the lube disk - shouldnt need it.

Good Cheer
01-15-2020, 08:37 AM
That's the Saeco #352, listed as 245 grains. Got the mold but haven't cast with it yet. I'm figgerin' that the gas check and exposed lead extending below the case neck (the annular space inside the case shoulder) will provide a pretty good place for lube.
Reckon a means of consistently measuring lube will have to be invented.
Another adventure!

Lead pot
01-15-2020, 12:30 PM
Reckon a means of consistently measuring lube will have to be invented.
Another adventure!

NAH been doing it going on 65 years. :D:D