PDA

View Full Version : Lesson I learned the hard way when you reform brass and shoot from a milsurp pistol

milsurpaddict
07-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Hello everyone

First let me say I did not get hurt nor did I destroy my gun. In an attempt to reform 223 brass in Tokarev brass I found out that one step is required at least for my CZ-52. Of course case length and all the other specs need to be correct but with my CZ-52 it must have a very tight spec on the barrel throat as I found that after I made about 200 reformed 223 to Tokarev brass that almost all of the outside diameter of the bottle neck portion of the brass was .2mm to thick. This resulted in the slide not fully going forward as the neck was to large. I needed to cut the outside diameter down. After I trimmed it down it has worked well. Just a lesson I learned.

Ben
07-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Case walls too thick. Need to inside neck ream your cases.

With those thick walls, I'd be careful with the loads .....easy to spike pressure with those thick walls. If you don't have adequate clearance for the case to expand and release the bullet you'll have a 2nd pressure problem possibility.

45 2.1
07-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Back when there just about wasn't any surplus to be had and absolutely no re loadable brass, I did the same thing. I neck turned a lot of brass then. No problems with the reforming and they worked quite well with the Lyman 313249 boolit and Red Dot.