PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Please!

gcollins
10-08-2007, 12:15 PM
I ran acrossed a bargin that I couldn't pass up. I bought a Master Caster Furnance, it has one set of molds in it now. The company is sending the book on it.
And i know it takes special molds or you and mod some types.
Please don't laugh at this question, if you mod. can a person use Aluminum Molds, or are you wasting you time?
I need all the help I can get on this!
I will be very Great Full for any and all advice.
Thanks Greg

Ricochet
10-08-2007, 01:37 PM
No, you're not wasting your time with aluminum moulds. I use my aluminum Lees all the time. Most of my iron Lyman ones are gathering dust at the moment, mainly because with one exception they're single cavities and the production rate is slower. Double cavity moulds are a big improvement, and six cavities are wonderful. You do have to be extra careful with the six holers to make sure they're closing tightly and not sprung open slightly from debris on the inner faces of the blocks, making oversized and/or finned bullets.

gcollins
10-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Are you useing a lead pot or a Furnance? 2 cavity is as big as you can put in my Master Caster. And you have to do a lot of machine work on the molds to make them fit.
Thanks is why I ask the question, I am hopeing to find someone on here that is using a Master Caster and find out from them if they have used alum. molds.
Thanks Greg

Ricochet
10-08-2007, 05:45 PM
I was speaking of aluminum moulds in general. Don't have a Master Caster.