PDA

View Full Version : Something Our Town Needs....

Blacksmith
07-20-2013, 02:03 PM
The loss of Bob Krack has had me pondering. I think something our town needs is a Memorial Park a "cemetery" if you will where the losses the town suffers can be brought together in one place. A place to record the accomplishments i.e. join date, number of posts, etc.; and a place to leave some permanent comments, maybe some flowers (like is done on Findagrave). It would be a central place that all could visit to find those who have gone before, it would need some kind of index. Perhaps it could be out "behind" Our Chapel.

Here is a link to Findagrave to see how they do flowers.
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gsr&GSiman=1&GScid=49269&GSfn=&GSln=Unknown

This is a listing of Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery, you can click on any entry, some have flowers already also memorials and gravestone photos. At any entry there is a box to click to add flowers.

fishhawk
07-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Well there is the "In Remembrance" section here now.

Boerrancher
07-20-2013, 02:15 PM
I kind of like the idea. The more I think about it the more I like it. Lets face it none of us are getting any younger and as much as I hate to say it some of our members are older than dirt. I can only speak for myself but there are a lot of the older fellas who are getting up there in years and they have made a profound impact on my life in some shape or form. We may in the end loose the person, but we don't have to lose their wisdom and knowledge.

Best wishes

Joe

Bad Water Bill
07-20-2013, 02:18 PM
I have wondered about that as well.

Several have mentioned about things Bob had posted.

With the wall of ? they would have a chance to remember some of the posts mentioned.

I leave the name of the wall to more deserving folks.

Not even a hint from this OLD MAN.

Blacksmith
07-20-2013, 04:44 PM
I was sort of thinking about a special place for members. Remembrance is OK but it would be nice if the people who have contributed so much to making this the special place it is didn't get lost among all the BIL's. Uncles, and good friends that are remembered there.

I think someday in years to come when we are all gone, new casters may look at the archives of Cast Boolits and wonder about .45 Nut, Felix Lube, or Beagling, and want to know a little more about the people who started all this. A special place to remember them and tell a little more about them would be just a little touch of immortality.

Recluse
07-20-2013, 08:34 PM
I was sort of thinking about a special place for members. Remembrance is OK but it would be nice if the people who have contributed so much to making this the special place it is didn't get lost among all the BIL's. Uncles, and good friends that are remembered there.

I think someday in years to come when we are all gone, new casters may look at the archives of Cast Boolits and wonder about .45 Nut, Felix Lube, or Beagling, and want to know a little more about the people who started all this. A special place to remember them and tell a little more about them would be just a little touch of immortality.

I'm in 100% total complete agreement. Excellent suggestion.

:coffee:

firefly1957
07-20-2013, 09:49 PM
I missed that Bob Passed do you have any information i see he was last on when i was traveling so maybe that is why i missed it.

Bad Water Bill
07-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Boerrancher posted here

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?207100-Loss-of-a-Castboolits-Family-Member

with some info.

Bob and all of the others that have silently slipped away we miss you.

firefly1957
07-20-2013, 10:40 PM
Thanks Bad Water Bill i found it as i got caught up today.