PDA

View Full Version : Oehler 35P Chronograph

ole pizen slinger
10-07-2007, 08:21 PM
If anyone has a used Oehler 35P Chronograph they would like to sell, please send me a PM. They are no longer made but I would like to find one if I could for my reloading work. Thanks!
ole pizen slinger

Larry Gibson
10-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Mighty fine choice, been using mine since '90. Bought a whole set of extra skyscreens when I found out the 35P was not being made any more. Haven't had to use any of them yet......

Larry Gibson

Dale53
10-08-2007, 01:03 AM
I second that opinion of the Oehler 35 Chrono. I was instrumental in our club buying one the first year the 35 came out (traded our 33 in). Last year, our range house burned down destroying the 35. I was really upset to learn that they were no longer made (I REALLY like them). A good club member saved the day. He had a nearly new one that had only been out a couple of times and made the club a really good price.

So, that is what I use from time to time. I especially appreciate the printer. Saves a lot of time and effort.

Dale53

Morgan Astorbilt
10-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Larry, I believe you can still get the sky screens. Oehler said they're still servicing the 35P, just not marketing any more " civilian consumer products" I shot one of my original "venitian blind slat" skyscreens a few years ago, and they sent me a set of the new all plastic ones.
Morgan

BruceB
10-08-2007, 09:25 AM
In the event that a 35P cannot be found, I'll recommend the CED "Millennium" which I've been using for over a year to date.

I now note that in the latest Blue Press, there's a follow-on version from CED, the M2, said to be an improvement on the Millennium. If so, it'll be one dandy chronograph! I just can't find any fault with my Millennium, so if the newer model is even better....??? At $200 from Dillon, I think it should be a great instrument.

Sundogg1911
10-08-2007, 09:40 AM
I had the Oehler (Until a friend shot it!) It was nice, but I ended up replacing it with a Chrony Beta. I like it too. The same friend shot the skyscreens off of it. He lost the privileges of using it. Although He had paid for the damage. I've been using Chrono's for years and i've never shot one. ;-)

Morgan Astorbilt
10-08-2007, 10:46 AM
As an alibi, I shot mine when I was chronographing some .44 mag boolets (429649) out of my 10 x 47R Vettreli Vitali. The mix was too hard, the bullets didn't bump up, and tumbled. Solved that problem with a 40-1 mix. Keep meaning to design a two-diameter boolet with a base that will fit the case neck properly, but y'all know how that goes.:-D:-D:-D

fivegunner
10-08-2007, 01:59 PM
The very first thing I killed with my brand new 475 Linebaugh was all three of my sky screens, bought new ones from Oehler. :Fire::???:

Trez Hensley
10-10-2007, 10:00 AM
I see them occasionally on auction arms. You might check there.
http://www.auctionarms.com

50 Caliber
10-18-2007, 06:54 PM
I'll sell you mine...........$1,000.00 + shipping :twisted: