PDA

View Full Version : Browning sxs

Dee
07-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Hello everyone I'm new to the forum and really enjoy it. I'm having trouble with a browning BSS. The right hammer won't stay cocked unless I get aggressive when I break it open. I shoot CAS with it and have had it slicked up. I took the stock off the other day and actually watched the hammers being cocked as I broke the gun open and the right almost always fell back. I've cleaned it the best i could by shooting a can of gun scrubber around the hammers. Any help would be appreciated or any suggestions for a good gunsmith. I live in West Texas. Not the town the region. Thanks

firebrick43
07-20-2013, 01:21 PM
Check the sears and make sure they are not damaged. You may have to add metal by welding to the cocking rod or levers if it is not pushing them back far enough. Warning, I have not seen a browning sxs but many can be impossible to reassemble if you don't have special tools to compress the springs and a press or at least a large drill press. I have made my own but have a tig welder, lathe and mill. Doubles can be some of the more difficult to work on!

Dee
07-20-2013, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the help, sir