PDA

View Full Version : I need the assistance of a machinist

PbHurler
07-19-2013, 06:37 PM
I’d like to ask any one of you machinists out there for some help. Here’s what I’d like to have fabricated. (Actually two of them)

I have a Harrell powder measure, the drop tube is roughly .5” in dia. (OD) I like to charge my cases in a loading block. When I load .44 or .45 caliber cases it’s a little tricky to get the cases precisely positioned under the drop tube because the cases & drop tube are so very close in diameter. I can pick up each case individually and go to the drop tube but this requires a lot of handling, and charging them from a loading block is much quicker.

The centering taper of the drop tube itself is very shallow, even .38 & 9MM calibers are tricky.

So; I’d like to have an adapter piece turned to slip fit the drop tube into that has a larger diameter at the centering cone area to accommodate up to a .500 S&W, yet enough taper to accommodate a 9MM on the small side. (More like the types on a RCBS Uniflow or Redding measure)

Since this is a Harrell, I thought the most appropriate (and desired) material for this to be made from would be brass (classy too). Aluminum would work and even Delrin would fit the bill.

If anyone would be interested in trying this out for me, I would be very grateful. I will send you a cut-off piece of drop tube for your inspection / fitting. I’ve attached (hopefully) a .PDF document of a drawing to show kind-of what I’m looking for. I’m not looking for a freebie, but I’d like to PM about what something this would run me, and to discuss any questions that might come up.

I’m open to any suggestions you all might have as well.

Thank you for any considerations.

shooter93
07-19-2013, 07:41 PM
Bob...you may want to check with Sinclair. They offer a number of different drop tubes for measures and may have the for the Harrell. I use them on my Reddings.

deltaenterprizes
07-22-2013, 11:31 AM
PM sent

PbHurler
07-22-2013, 06:31 PM
Mod's Please delete / close this thread, original post has been resolved.
Thanks