PDA

View Full Version : New Skinner Sight

Idaho Mule
07-17-2013, 09:41 PM
Got my new Skinner Sights reciever mounted peep sight for my Winchester 94 in .356. Came in the mail today and I already got it mounted up. Only trouble is I gotta get some ammo loaded up to get her dialed in. The thing looks good, can't wait to get it all operational. JW

smoked turkey
07-17-2013, 10:27 PM
You know what they say...If there are no pictures it didn't happen! The Skinner sights are neat, classy looking sights.

Ramjet-SS
07-18-2013, 10:30 PM
Yes sir they are an awesome sight I put one on my Henry 45 colt Big Boy it follows the lines of the rifle I am ordering a couple more for my other lever guns.

waksupi
07-19-2013, 12:36 AM
The owner of Skinner Sights gifted me one for my Winchester a couple years ago. I really like it. I had been using a Weaver receiver sight.
I think I have better target visibility for hunting with the Skinner, but a slight loss of longer range accuracy, due to loss of a longer sighting radius. But then again, I will shoot rocks and targets at stupidly long ranges that most wouldn't consider with a lever gun. Never live game.
They are certainly good enough for any hunting you will do with a lever action, and a great leap ahead of factory sights. If one was accustomed to using the iron sights as-issued, I am absolutely certain that you would find a great improvement over the factory sights.
I recommend them without reservation.

Idaho Mule
07-19-2013, 01:16 AM
I tried to upload a couple pics to show off the new sight but was told I was exceeding my limit. Maybe in a day or two the wife can figure it out and get a couple of pics up. Until then, just trust me, it looks great on that 94. In the mean time I will try to get a couple groups together and hopefully show them too. Currently I am trying to finish up my haying season. JW

TXGunNut
07-19-2013, 10:23 PM
Looking forward to the pics once the hay's in and IT issues are cleared up. There's a buckhorn-sighted levergun (or three) around here that I'd like to drag out of retirement.

onceabull
07-20-2013, 12:03 PM
I'm having a hard time understanding why a competent adult would spend anything at all trying to get a 94BB in 356 W.to shoot..I suggest shipping it here (salvaged priced) and I'll use it for parts.:: always willing to help.. :kidding:. Onceabull

Ramjet-SS
07-22-2013, 07:11 PM
I shot a 1.5" group with my Henry 45 long colt today at 75 yards it is a wonderful sight.

Idaho Mule
07-24-2013, 12:34 AM
onceabull, Hi there you onry old cuss!! just be carefull who you're accusing of being a "responsible adult" there. That 94 is showing a little promise and one day you might see it again (after I use it for a jack handle). Actually it is doing real well and I have no doubt it will be bringing meat home for my freezer this winter. I picked up the last of the hay this evening and should get it in the barn tomorrow. Also have plans of shooting the 94 and getting her dialed in with the Skinner tomorrow as well, range will only be 50 yds. for initial sight-in but I will get her stretched out before long. Good to hear from you and I hope you and yours are doing well. JW