PDA

View Full Version : MP - Molds

GR Pitts
07-16-2013, 11:32 AM
I looked at some nice molds at their site:

http://mp-molds.com/shopping/pgm-more_information.php?id=2&=SID#MOREINFO

Unfortunately, the one I liked is out of stock. (.452HP-200 Cramer style)

Sent them an email & while they acknowledged receipt of the email, I have had no reply to my inquiry. I saw on this site that some had engaged in Group Buys from them so I was wondering if anyone had contact info, or if these guys are even still in business.

RobS
07-16-2013, 11:42 AM
Yep still in the business. He is a forum member here too.

RobS
07-16-2013, 11:44 AM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?5623-MiHec

dromia
07-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Have a look at the GB forums.

He makes very fine moulds but his output is slow and his communication is non existent so one has no idea if and when a particular mould will land, he has no evident plan or method to which mould gets delivered when. I am sure that he is putting effort into delivering but he obviously has production issues on a massive scale. However if you have patience, I have been waiting nigh on two years for some designs to arrive and no sign yet, you will end up with a quality product.

garym1a2
07-16-2013, 07:23 PM
I have great results dealing with him. Quality is first rate, he does answer direct emails. Leadtime on my group buy was not to bad, i think it depends on how many signup for the mold.

freebullet
07-16-2013, 07:30 PM
His molds are exquisit & worth the wait. In addition if there is a problem he will eventually make you happy.

Jupiter7
07-16-2013, 07:41 PM
There's other options if your impatient, you won't be disappointed with
NOE molds.

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product_info.php?cPath=41&products_id=267

Oreo
07-17-2013, 12:27 AM
I suspect there may be a language barrier at play, combined with a high volume of people sending him emails and PMs. I find I'm more likely to get a reply when I keep the PMs worded as simply and directly as possible. A few short sentences max. YMMV.

MtGun44
07-17-2013, 01:10 AM
Actually, his written English is excellent.

Bill

novalty
07-17-2013, 08:43 AM
Mihec responded back to me yesterday, as I had inquired about the same 452-200 HP mold, and he does NOT have any in-stock, but does have some of the RCBS copy with the wider meplat. I would purchase 1 but am concerned about feeding issues in my 1911.

Potsy
07-17-2013, 10:03 AM
It is my understanding that it is supposed to feed just fine in a 1911. That said, my Kimber has fed everything I've thrown at it thus far without a hitch. I hope this bullet will be the same. I hope so, as I've got one coming.

Jupiter7
07-17-2013, 10:19 AM
I'm also waiting for the same rcbs boolit. Already paid. I'll be loading it for my 1911's.

Oreo
07-18-2013, 07:54 PM
Actually, his written English is excellent.

Bill
Yes but that's pretty easy to do with free online translation apps these days.

Whatever the reason, less is more has been my experience.

gimling
07-18-2013, 08:09 PM
He seems to be pretty busy just trying to keep up with the group buys going on from this website, either jump in on one or check his site daily to see if he has an extra for sale they are great molds...

dragon813gt
07-18-2013, 08:11 PM
The wait is worth it. I don't understand why some of the GBs are still open. The 357 158 grain SWC has a lot of people signed up and it's the most popular design for that firearm.

I've bought more molds from when he posts his current stock every few months. No waiting except for delivery time. And there is always something I want on the list.

novalty
07-18-2013, 09:28 PM
The wait is worth it. I don't understand why some of the GBs are still open. The 357 158 grain SWC has a lot of people signed up and it's the most popular design for that firearm.

I have wondered the same thing about the Lyman 452374 copy that has been in Active Group Buy status since June 2012 with 125 people currently on the list. Guessing it is a tooling thing, because a rerun of the 359-125 closed with 77 orders in under 3 months (04/30 - 07/18/13).

MtGun44
07-18-2013, 10:45 PM
LOL! Online translators are HILARIOUS, they are often SO bad. I seriously doubt that
the PM's I have exchanged with Miha were the product of any software. As far as I can tell,
he writes and reads English very well. I regularly correspond with many scientists and
engineers from foreign countries and I can tell when they are using those bad programs,
and nearly daily deal with bad translations.

Bill

Oreo
07-19-2013, 04:03 AM
LOL! Online translators are HILARIOUS, they are often SO bad. I seriously doubt that
the PM's I have exchanged with Miha were the product of any software. As far as I can tell,
he writes and reads English very well. I regularly correspond with many scientists and
engineers from foreign countries and I can tell when they are using those bad programs,
and nearly daily deal with bad translations.

Bill

You could be right. I really don't know for sure.

I do know that my wife has used google and babblefish to translate english to Italian in order to correspond with my family over there. Neither one of us know a lick of Italian but my relatives are always amazed at the perfect Italian grammar.

Incidentally, my Italian relatives are probably driving distance from Miha's shop.

High Desert Hunter
07-19-2013, 01:54 PM
His molds are excellent, I own 3. His communications may be a little slow, and I think he is having trouble keeping up with the increased demand, but worth the wait, he doesn't seem willing to compromise quality for speed. Coming from the land of I have to have it right now, it was difficult to wait, but what showed up made it more than worth it.

Changeling
07-19-2013, 01:56 PM
I emailed him twice asking if he would make me a mold. Never received an answer to either email!!

dragon813gt
07-19-2013, 02:20 PM
I emailed him twice asking if he would make me a mold. Never received an answer to either email!!

He only does group buys and does not make molds to order. Check his website as he does stock some molds. And he has his own forum here where he posts the on hand molds every few months or so. Since a lot of his buys are closing right now I'd expect to see an over run post from him in the next few months.

45 2.1
07-19-2013, 03:57 PM

Usually this is answered this way......... You start a GB for the design you want so you can get a mold made. You... of course need to provide the mold maker some type of drawing with complete dimensions of what you want. One off designs can be expensive.............