PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on FNX9?

nhrifle
07-14-2013, 01:29 PM
My Taurus quit running again and is going into the factory this time and I get to see if their warranty is all it's cracked up to be. Problem is, that is my main CCW gun. I no longer trust it to be there when needed, so when it comes back it will be a range/target gun. I have looked at and handled a number of different pistols, with reliability and ergonomics being paramount. What I have been wanting is Glock reliability in something that has a hammer, that points and handles better. I think I have found that in the FNX9. It is light with a really nice trigger, can be carried cocked and locked. What I am looking for are any thoughts on FN's quality and customer service as I have never owned one of their guns.

practical_man
07-16-2013, 12:00 AM
You might have better luck on one of the 3 gun forums. I see a bunch of them at 3 gun shoots, along with glocks and 2011s.

I haven't owned an FN pistol but their shotguns are awesome. No need for a warranty becaus they just run beautifully.

nhrifle
07-16-2013, 12:43 AM
I'm not terribly worried about it, just figured I would see if anyone had any insight for me. FN has an overall outstanding reputation, and my best guess says they know what they are doing with all the military contracts they have. Once I get it I will have to update this thread with my experiences.