PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Armoury Moulds...

madcaster
10-05-2007, 10:30 PM
So far I have wound up with 4 of these...
The latest is a #308333-197 grain in 8 cavity.Pretty "rustic",but I THINK it might be saved.
I am just wondering how to go about removing the rust and getting it back to good casting shape?
Could anyone offer any helpful suggestions please?
Thanks,
Jeff.

IcerUSA
10-06-2007, 01:44 AM
Check here to see if it helps :)

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=20243

shooter93
10-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Never tried it on a mold but I have used Blue Wonder on firearms with remarkable results...might work for a mold too.

testhop
10-08-2007, 02:14 PM
So far I have wound up with 4 of these...
The latest is a #308333-197 grain in 8 cavity.Pretty "rustic",but I THINK it might be saved.
I am just wondering how to go about removing the rust and getting it back to good casting shape?
Could anyone offer any helpful suggestions please?
Thanks,
Jeff.

jeff i just went throughsame problum here is howi did i used lemon juice
ipoured enought juice in a counteri use the dogs waterdish to cover mould and let set for a while then used a q tip to rub thecavy it took most ofrust out
then i went to the wooden mathes to remove the rust in the lube grovespmetimes i had to repeat or even use naval jelly in the most extreame cases
[B]make sure yuo wash the mouldsoff in very hot water with both lemon juice and naval jelly [B]very well and make sure you oil them good all over

oh yes i gave the dog back his bowl washedouut of course

Springfield
10-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Soak it in some Muriatic Acid you get from the pool supply store, or maybe even the hardware store. Don't leave it in there very long, start with 10 minutes and see how it works.

madcaster
10-18-2007, 11:25 PM
Well Folks,
This afternoon I removed the Ideal Armoury mould from it's water/molasses soak,and it way MUCH cleaner!Great ideal,but i may also do the lemon method as well.
Guess the water/molasses is going to be good for the bees?

Bret4207
10-19-2007, 11:46 AM
Soak it in some Muriatic Acid you get from the pool supply store, or maybe even the hardware store. Don't leave it in there very long, start with 10 minutes and see how it works.

I'd say more like 30 secinds tops! 10 minutes and the mould might not be there anymore if it works like the Muriatic acid I use.