PDA

View Full Version : 32ACP with the Soup Can Boolit ??

Johnch
07-13-2013, 11:32 PM
I was thinking of trying a heavy Boolit in the 32 ACP

Well not for a pistol
But I have been loading the 32 ACP for a 308 and 30-06
Using the inserts

Well after looking at the inserts
I could load a long boolit , with a bunch of it out of the case

So anyone have a clue what I should use as a powder charge ??

Not looking for high speed

More for plinking and small game

John

texassako
07-13-2013, 11:47 PM
The heaviest I have seen are 100gr loads out of some Handloader articles. 2.1gr BE and SR-7625, 2.8gr Unique, 2.3gr W-231 and Herco. If you load it out long, could you make it similar case capacity to one of the other .32 cartridges that has data? I used .38 Long Colt brass that way loading it to .38 special COAL length.

olafhardt
07-14-2013, 12:59 AM
I have a 32 long colt Colt New Pocket. It takes a heeled bullet. I am wondering about "Beagleing" the soup can and loading it in 32 short colt brass. I have wondered about wacking the noses off with a butcher knife. I prefer to dip tiny charges with a dipper made from a filed down 22 short case whose volume I check with an insulin srynge.

Chev. William
09-19-2013, 05:17 PM
With my Tung buried deeply in my Cheek:
I do believe it depends on what COAL length you wish to load to and your powder type and charge weight choice. As an extreme possibility you could look at some of the Obsolete Russian 'Underwater" cartridges. they used an extremely long for bore bullet to get useful range in water, and were intended for single shot loadings.

On a slightly more serious point, i have found that the old loadings ranged from 70 to about 100 grain bullets so i would guess that you could try a 120 to 150 grain bullet in your 'adapter' application, just be careful of the peak pressures you could encounter in the workup to a shootable powder and charge.

Good Luck with your experiments,
Chev. william