PDA

View Full Version : Another barrel slugging kit to someone who needs it.

Fishman
07-13-2013, 05:08 PM
I am posting another bore slugging kit for someone who really needs it. Bhop, who was the recipient of a barrel slugging kit from Helping Hands, provided me some soft lead and requested I post another in Helping Hands. These have been very popular and are really handy to have around. Four slugs per diameter are included, and you can select five different diameters. That should cover most people’s needs.

Here are the diameters I have on hand. All are from bullet moulds with the exception of the ones marked “rb”, which are from roundball moulds.
.225, .270, .311, .327rb, .359, .402, .411, .432, .435rb, .440rb, .453, .458

If your bore is a little larger than the closest diameter, you can place the slug on a hard surface and give it a smack with a hammer to enlarge the diameter as needed.

A brass rod is best for driving a slug through your bore but, a properly protected aluminum or even steel rod will work. Wrap with electrical tape and cap the end with an appropriately sized brass case. Lube the bore and slug very well and tap the slug into the bore with a brass hammer to start it. Be sure and measure the barrel slug with a micrometer. Knowing the diameter of your bore will allow you to select appropriately sized boolits and enjoy success much sooner.

PM me.

Fishman
07-13-2013, 08:36 PM
Well that was quick. The kit has been claimed!