PDA

View Full Version : Where's George? Yotatrd4x4 posted WTB .308 brass. I sent George with some brass

BrassMagnet
07-12-2013, 05:40 PM
To All,

I have been following the PIF threads for a while and I saw some room for improvement. I have a few ideas on how to make some improvements. I really like George. Being the first President and all, there is a lot to admire about George. In the PIFs, they keep losing George!

So here is my idea:
My idea goes something like this:
I have or make up a "Where's George" dollar bill.
I contact a member that has posted a "WTB or WTT" thread, or maybe just looks like a good recipient due to their posts.
I find out if they want to accept George with a SFRB of what they are looking for, not a pile of assorted whatever that isn't worth the postage of a MFRB or LFRB.
They either find someone that would like what they have excess of. Or they can just announce "I bought a cup of Joe at a convenience store in such and such a town."
There would never be a post of who wants it next. Then you would post something in the "WTB" thread along the lines of "Wow! BrassMagnet sent me some .308 brass with a Where's George dollar bill!"
I really don't want the threads to go on and on forever. Each "Where's George?" post should end with one SFRB going to one person and the "Want to Buy" post should be closed with mention of receiving a "Where's George" package from the Helping Hands.
We could possibly get a lot more people to find what they want and clean out a lot of garages where people really don't want to be a "Seller."

Yotatrd4x4 posted a "Want to buy" .308 brass. I sent a SFRB of fully prepped and ready to load .308 brass. I even include George!

BrassMagnet

yotatrd4x4
07-20-2013, 05:53 PM
I have George and will be updating his info and sending him on down the line here shortly. Keep an eye out for his travels. Also watch out it seems George will steal anything he can to travel with him in his SFRB.

To All,

I have been following the PIF threads for a while and I saw some room for improvement. I have a few ideas on how to make some improvements. I really like George. Being the first President and all, there is a lot to admire about George. In the PIFs, they keep losing George!

So here is my idea:
My idea goes something like this:
I have or make up a "Where's George" dollar bill.
I contact a member that has posted a "WTB or WTT" thread, or maybe just looks like a good recipient due to their posts.
I find out if they want to accept George with a SFRB of what they are looking for, not a pile of assorted whatever that isn't worth the postage of a MFRB or LFRB.
They either find someone that would like what they have excess of. Or they can just announce "I bought a cup of Joe at a convenience store in such and such a town."
There would never be a post of who wants it next. Then you would post something in the "WTB" thread along the lines of "Wow! BrassMagnet sent me some .308 brass with a Where's George dollar bill!"
I really don't want the threads to go on and on forever. Each "Where's George?" post should end with one SFRB going to one person and the "Want to Buy" post should be closed with mention of receiving a "Where's George" package from the Helping Hands.
We could possibly get a lot more people to find what they want and clean out a lot of garages where people really don't want to be a "Seller."

Yotatrd4x4 posted a "Want to buy" .308 brass. I sent a SFRB of fully prepped and ready to load .308 brass. I even include George!

BrassMagnet