PDA

View Full Version : NOE K31 boolit lube

nitrohuck
07-12-2013, 01:49 PM
Hey everyone,

wanted to hear thoughts on whether or not I could get away with using a tumble lube routine with Xlox to lube a GC'ed NOE K-31 boolit...

Pan lubing and then cookie-cutting them out just gets pretty time consuming when compared to a simple tumble lube job. I plan on using them with the loads I was using when pan lubing, those would include 11grs Unique, 13gr Red Dot, 14gr AA7 and 16gr 2400, so nothing too crazy here, mild loads surely,

Does anyone think leading will be imminent if I do this? are there others out there who simply tumble lube for their lower velocity cast loads?

thanks for reading,
~Nitro

25ring
07-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Hey everyone,

wanted to hear thoughts on whether or not I could get away with using a tumble lube routine with Xlox to lube a GC'ed NOE K-31 boolit...

Pan lubing and then cookie-cutting them out just gets pretty time consuming when compared to a simple tumble lube job. I plan on using them with the loads I was using when pan lubing, those would include 11grs Unique, 13gr Red Dot, 14gr AA7 and 16gr 2400, so nothing too crazy here, mild loads surely,

Does anyone think leading will be imminent if I do this? are there others out there who simply tumble lube for their lower velocity cast loads?

thanks for reading,
~Nitro
That's what I've been using out of my K-31 and 1911. 16 grs 2400 and no leading.FWIW-Mike.

nitrohuck
07-12-2013, 09:04 PM
Well in that case... here they are, sized, gas checked and tumble lubed:

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/nitrohuck/K31BOOLITS_zps9c853275.jpg (http://s69.photobucket.com/user/nitrohuck/media/K31BOOLITS_zps9c853275.jpg.html)

tomme boy
07-13-2013, 12:49 AM
I do two coats just to make sure. Very light coats. I was getting leading when I did only one coat.

aspangler
07-13-2013, 09:30 AM
I tumble lube everything. I have yet to get ANY leading if done correctly. My 8MM mauser runs a chrono at 2050 and no leading so you should be a-ok. FWIW.

nitrohuck
07-15-2013, 06:25 PM
So after firing them I did not see any leading to speak of... Then again, I've never seen a leaded bore in my whole life, but when the patches come out clean and the bore shines I figure I am free and clear of any leading.

Accuracy was ok, nothing great, oddly enough a different load I threw together for plinking (LEE 160r pan lubed over 14.0gr aa#7) ended up being more accurate than my tumble lubed NOE bullets, but that could be due to such a large number of factors it that I can not blame lube at all at this point.

Here's a photo of one of the targets form 50yrd (like the m1 thumb?). Tumble lubed up top, pan lubed down low, two different boolit designs, powder etc.