PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting to think I'm a pack rat, or am getting CRS

Alvarez Kelly
07-12-2013, 02:51 AM
Well... I was digging around in my shelves of spare parts looking for some old Dillon RL450 powder measure parts I thought I had... when I found a box I didn't remember... So? What do I find? Primers! Not just a few here and there... I found 1000 Federal SP, plus 100 Winchester SP, 1200 CCI LP, 1000 Winchester SR, and 1300 CCI LR primers.

I guess I forgot I had them... I sure don't remember putting them in a box, let alone in my parts storage area.

So? I may be a pack rat, but I think I'm getting CRS!

Driver man
07-12-2013, 03:08 AM
Keep looking, you might find some more.

Gar
07-12-2013, 08:42 AM
Did the same thing a couple of months ago. Digging around under one of my work benches and found a sleeve of Winchester small pistol primers. Can't remember ever putting them under the bench.

labdwakin
07-12-2013, 08:59 AM
sounds to me like you have too much stuff, I'll be over tomorrow to help you out with that ;-) lol

Alvarez Kelly
07-12-2013, 10:29 AM
sounds to me like you have too much stuff...

I agree with you. I have too much good stuff. But I can't tell you how many times I needed something, right after I "cleaned up" and threw it away!

Dale in Louisiana
07-12-2013, 10:50 AM
I did that. After desperately trying to find primers, I finally got 5000 in, and was looking for shelf sapce to store them. And while pushing things around, I found - you guessed it!- 5000 primers that I socred in a previous panic attack.

dale in Louisiana

RayinNH
07-12-2013, 10:54 AM
At least you found something of value. Being a packrat is saving junk of no value, like a piece of chain with four links, screws with no slots left, faucet washer that are dried out etc....Ray

Alvarez Kelly
07-12-2013, 11:19 AM
At least you found something of value. Being a packrat is saving junk of no value, like a piece of chain with four links, screws with no slots left, faucet washer that are dried out etc....Ray

I guess I'm not a real pack rat then. I throw out the trash and recycle all kinds of junk almost daily...

Down South
07-12-2013, 11:31 AM
I just love to find stuff that I forgot that I had. It's like Christmas all over again. Ain't CRS wonderful...

DeanWinchester
07-12-2013, 11:40 AM
I enjoy the elation of finding stuff I've forgotten about so much I refuse to organize my shop anymore. I recently found a thousand rounds of 9x19 I forgot about. I picked up the ammo can and said to myself, now what the heck is this mess? Opened it and ....oh! cool!

DLCTEX
07-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Finding stuff you've forgotten you had is almost like finding free stuff.[smilie=w:

km101
07-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Congrats! That's like finding money! And it aint CRS until you put it away and NEVER find it.

But the neat thing about CRS/OldTimer's disease is that you meet some great people......again and again and again!

GRUMPA
07-12-2013, 05:38 PM
How odd this should come up, the wife has been hounding me to find an old refrigerator so I can put it outside and put stuff in there so I can see what I have. Problem starts right from the get-go, I only have a 10x10 room that seems to be full all the time, give me a couple of weeks and I'll not only fill that so-called fridge but I'll be right back to square one..

WILCO
07-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Finding stuff you've forgotten you had is almost like finding free stuff.[smilie=w:

Amen Brother!!! Amen!!!!!

Alvarez Kelly
07-13-2013, 05:21 PM

I guess that makes me a lucky man! I get free stuff all the time! For example, the other day I got a free battery charger. It looked just like one I had around here 2 years ago...

Down South
07-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Another good thing about CRS, I can watch a good movie 5-6 times and still enjoy it again every time.

gbrown
07-13-2013, 07:53 PM
Good grief! I have discovered and re-discovered some things many times over. Always put them in a place I can remember. Oops, where did I put that? Oh well, as Down South says, enjoy it, look at the bright side. Christmas year round, lots of good movies. CRS is a constant companion for me! LOL