PDA

View Full Version : spanish 32/20 revolver

bubba15301
07-11-2013, 11:00 PM
Anyone load for a spanish 32/20 revolver?

mikeym1a
07-11-2013, 11:18 PM
Don't have one, never loaded in that caliber. However, I've heard about the Spanish guns. They ran the gamut from very good to horrible. Have you even fired this piece? If not, take it to a gunsmith to be checked out. If it is in good shape, then a load should be doable. You just want to make sure it'll stay together when you finally squeeze the trigger.

Andrew Mason
07-12-2013, 01:47 AM
got any pictures of the revolver in question?

Multigunner
07-12-2013, 04:47 AM
Keep em on the light side. I've seen several with stretched top straps and one broke on me. The metal at the break as black and grainy.
Near as I remember the makers name was escobar, and there was a shield and knights close visor helmet on the side.
I repaired the cylinder latch of an identical revolver that showed little wear and it shot just fine using old lead bullet revolver loads.

rintinglen
07-13-2013, 01:35 PM
They are such a **** shoot when it somes to quality that I would never shoot one with anything but the lightest loads. I worked on two in my shade tree gunsmith days, one was marked "Those cartridges are best that fit the SMITH AND WESSON revolver". I could find no manufacturers marks. The other marking was the caliber "32 WCF," which I thought was pretty unique. I have only seen that marking on some older Winchesters. The steel was very soft, and one chamber was bulged. I told the owner not to shoot it and to treat it as keep sake.
The other was in pretty nice shape and seemed better made, IIRC, it was made by Orbea, or some such company, and appeared to have been used very little, at first glance, it looked just like an older S&W.