PDA

View Full Version : A great man passed away... few of us knew him, but all of us would have liked to.

labdwakin
07-11-2013, 10:08 PM
Saturday June 1, 2013; Gioacchino "Jack" Giampapa (GioaJack) also known in black powder shooting as Conifer Jack passed away. I kept meaning to post this thread on here but couldn't bring myself to and then got distracted with some other things.

As we all know, people are born, they live their lives and touch others as they do so. What many of you don't know is that I got hurt at work in 2010 and still haven't gotten over it. Jack and I would talk on the phone sometimes for hours about anything from how silly it is to measure things that already work to what the true meaning of life is. I kept telling myself I needed to go see him and bring him a nice bottle of scotch. I yelled at him for 30 minutes one day about not drinking enough fluids when he changed to the E-cigs (and actually made a dent!)because he passed out from dehydration and scared the **** out of his family. I'm very glad to have made his acquaintance and he will be very sorely missed. I'm so saddened by this news that I'm at a total loss for words and just don't know what else to say.

Jack,
You were what's known in the Ozarks as a "keeper". You never let anything whip your *** and you never quit trying. You have been an amazing inspiration to me for the last almost 3 years that I have been dealing with "life as usual" and I will never be able to tell you how much your example to do what I can even though I can't do as much as I used to has helped me. You are sorely missed, Nono.

This is a link to his Youtube page where he posted some videos that he made for something to pass the time to entertain some of the members on Glocktalk where he posted the most. Jack was an amazing man that lived an amazing life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG6JlQpBXvk

RayinNH
07-11-2013, 10:30 PM
A very nice tribute to someone who obviously touched your life. I'm sorry for your loss...Ray

hound_dogs_01
07-11-2013, 10:37 PM
MAn that sucks! I'd talked to him several times on glocktalk!

gandydancer
07-11-2013, 11:17 PM
seemed like a super nice guy. enjoyed his video's.

waksupi
07-12-2013, 12:26 AM
A good tribute. It is tough to loose a good friend.

wallenba
07-12-2013, 12:33 AM
It's great that he had a friend like you, and you him. Many of my friends have passed in recent years as we've aged, and I find myself reluctant to make new ones.

WILCO
07-12-2013, 05:12 PM
A very nice tribute to someone who obviously touched your life. I'm sorry for your loss...Ray

Same here. Stay strong.