PDA

View Full Version : ? on Accurate 5 cavity mold

Lights
07-10-2013, 06:29 PM
I just got my first mold from Accurate. It is a 5 cavity 45 cal TC that I designed. My question is, when you mount the blocks in the handles. Do you mount the sprue pivot pin close to the handles or away from the handles? Also what is the extra hole for in the sprue plate? Is it for a third handle like on the 6 cavity Lee molds?

tomme boy
07-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Mount it however you want. I like mine to have the pivot closest to me.

Advil
07-10-2013, 07:02 PM
I have 4 of those 5cav so far. You can set the mold either way for the sprue plate. Your preference. I've come to prefer it close to me so that when I hit it with my opener it's easier to hit, and have my opener hit the handles rather than the mold if I hit it too hard or miss. Not sure on the 3rd hole. Never noticed it. (edit - one of mine has the extra hole... good question.)

robpete
07-10-2013, 08:47 PM
I agree with Advil. I like the plate to swing away from me....but this definitely is personal preference. I'd recommend trying it both ways in two different sessions. I'm not sure on the extra hole. Mine don't have any.

TomAM
07-10-2013, 09:54 PM
My sprew plates are machined. I cut them out 6 at a time from a large plate. I used to attach the plate to the fixture with screws through the pour holes, but found that I could produce a better finished product by using a separate mounting hole. It also allows the production of plates with unfinished holes for the folks who like to finish their own tiny, .1" pour holes.

Lights
07-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the info Tom.